Closed Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Popularity in School

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Popularity in School

All that being popular causes is fall outs, and all that being even more popular than normal causes is...MORE FALLOUTS, i alllways have fall outs and now i've had my biggest back to square one i guess, but no who gives a crap if your popular i used to care about what people tought of me or if they thought i was popular but now i just give up, i don't even want to be popular anymore i want to be myself do my own things just hide under everyone and live life they way i want, sure i still have some friends but these friends have been made by being myself so im nto really concerened if they leave me because being myself is what im good at not putting on a show like all the other lads in my class. I do my homework and get to work in class all they do is be fools mess around ruin the lesson make it rubbish for other peoples learning. I'm not a nerd but i have protential so my teacher says. I used to be a little naughty may i say. but now all the teachers like me and despise my old friends because they haven't changed their ways. I can't wait to see there lives in the future because they will be screwed like i was going ot be but now im sorted and it's not to late! I'm proud to say im me, and i am a loner so what...i don't care what anyone else thinks even though you guys on here wouldn't think horribly of me because i know you all

Newbie xXxBloodlustxXx is off to a good start xXxBloodlustxXx's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't believe that I am popular, not by a long shot. But I am quite original, I know that for sure. And it was through being different than other people that I found others who are different, and became the best of friends with them.

All in all, why should I give a crap about popularity when all I need are the friends I love the most?

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Popularity is what it is... If a person is popular well then so be it, just as long the person is who she/he is... If you are a popular jerk then that's who you portray to be... If you're not then it is all good also. I'd rather for a person to show me who they really are than someone who is just trying to fit in or just to be cool...

"You shouldn't get mad at a person for showing you who they are & being real with you... It is up to you to decide if you can handle their reality"...

The heart can't lie... Truth is... I love you!!!

Otaku FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay, I had friends in high school. That was 3 years ago. I don't talk to any of them anymore except the 1 I became the closest with.

My advise is not to become popular but to become close with some friends. Really close. Friends that like you for who you really are and if they are truly your friends they'll be there you're whole life and follow you throughout life.

Newbie Ivy Spring may be famous one day Ivy Spring may be famous one day Ivy Spring's Avatar
    Thanks

I have found that you can be popular in your own individual group and that you don't need to feel that you have to be in the same catagory as the kids that are at the top of the food chain. If you and a group of people have one or more things in common, then you can become popular in that group even if it may be small. I joined the choir at my school and came to love it and also be told that I'm popular, but in that group. I was always the quiet kid and never really fit in with anyone until I joined the choir. They might not be at the top, but I am popular in my own group and for being myself. Don't change who you are just to fit in with one group, because you end up feeling dead inside.

Manga - my anti-drug because when your addicted to manga how can you possibly afford drugs??

Newbie lan32 is off to a good start
    Thanks

well i earn a little bit more in my populatry meter i defend my self said a student all i relly know is i was a bout to punch his face in i guess what people say is true never mess with a quite person
    Darkrai the ultimate When the time comes don't hesitate just act!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Rewards? What rewards? Gum, is that what you're talking about?

Looking at my local schools... :chokes: Wanting to be with them? Oh, I forgot, leaving your pants hanging and letting everyone see your underwear is the new sexy... And so is anorexia, skinny pants, calling school administration vulgar things, contemptuous disposal of gum, and excessive eyeliner. I forgot those are the things I'm supposed to dream of.

Keh, I prefer being sadistic and warped over being popular... Heck, I was during those middle and highschool days. Twas so much fun getting Lloyd and Robby to run away from me and Ali cringe whenever I walked up to her... Heh heh heh... Being different can be alot of fun. Seriously.

One can be original and liked at the same time, too. Though as vexing as I sometimes was to Lloyd, especially when I offered him that chocolate as an apology for getting into a play skirmish over that quarter, we were still close friends. Heck, he even liked me for being different from other girls and being able to make them cower when I wanted to. Richard and Steven from PE somehow developed a crush on me, even though they were both part of the popular crew. Maybe the girls were too whiny and girly? Kirsten was very modest and shy, but she really did get into a few games I played with a few people... Cathy, too. She liked my quirkiness, though she might've liked the fact that I could help her with studying more... And I was the only other person aside from Chris who was into architecture. Made me much more interesting to him...

The friends I made stuck through with me through the years, and heck, they still do. What I've noticed is, that if you're part of the popular group, you're probably not going to have mentionable ties or bonds with anyone except those in your family. You're just one fish in a school. Yes, there's protection, and you guys do look flashy, but when you die, no one's going to weep for you.

Really, looking back at it all.. I was admired for my eccentricities; for being something different. And I was really different. My sometimes disturbing and always schadenfroh disposition and occasional mental breakdowns really did make me stick out among everyone else... And yeah, I was looked down upon! But I didn't care. Because I had fun being different.

Well, I guess people don't like to be the one sticking out. Whether one should be original or stay with the norms... I guess you should do whatever makes you most comfortable as long as it doesn't affect anyone else in an adverse way. Because really... Not many people care.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Otaku Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine's Avatar
    Thanks

In highschool it's all about the reputation. It's all about who you're with, what you look like and where you good at. I think it's a teenage thing, people around the age of 13 till 18 are all about the reputation. "You're cool when.... You're sexy when... You're popular when..."

When teenagers get older, become more mature and go to college, the reputation factor is a lot less. Of course there'll always be the reputation thing flowing around here and there (who has more money, who has the fastest or "of the chain" car, who is the most sexy person). But most people aren't like that when they grow older, at least not in my experience. They really don't give a @%$#, because it's not all about reputation. It's about the love, the friendship, the connections you have with other people. Reputation don't matter to people, when they aren't arrogant and spoiled.

Everyone is unique in their own way. Either people like it or not. Popularity alone doesn't get you anywhere. If you give too much about your reputation, you'll lose your own identity by keeping up this rep. For example: The most embarrassing things that you LIKE or LOVE to do, is just simply out of the question... because you have to stay "popular"

|| I forgot that I might see so many beautiful things - Dreamvisions ||

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast