Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Asteroid Impact: 1/29/2008

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Possible Asteroid Impact: 1/29/2008

Welcome to the world of conspiracy theorists.

Try citing some news sources from actual publications (not conspiracy theory sites) and we'll talk about it.

check out: Bad Astronomy Blog, the blog of an actual astronomer (Repeat after me: asteroid 2007 TU24 is no danger to Earth)

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

The asteroid is real, make no mistake.

And the fact that NASA is supposed to be updating the trajectory information of this asteroid every day, to make sure that it doesnt change course or was previously miscalculated.. They suddenly stopped 2 weeks ago. No new information. Just old outdated information that says 'it will miss".

When new data could come in suggesting that the asteroid is actually coming in for the kill, and of course nasa will keep this from the public to prevent mass panic.

Also, that board was closed due to the arrogance of the poster. The person who posted the video on youtube was trying to stir up controversy, and inform the public, to maybe get this mentioned in the media.

But, the poster of that astronomy blog constantly insulted him, and everyone who believes in the possiblity that it could hit. Hes not worth my attention or my trust. Hes probably not even a real astronomer, and if he is, it doesnt mean hes right, or hes telling the truth.

The government lies to us all the time.

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

nothing new there....
    do you know how many times this planet gets asteroid warning and we do not even know.......we actually don't even want to know....
    the government and NASA does a pretty nice job covering it up....
    because,,,,,can you just imagine watching the forecast.....and the meteorologist says......"75 degrees today, with clear skies and a minimum amount of an asteroid".........I wonder how would the public react to that........lol
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Doubt its possible. Anything can still happen. The asteroid can still be hit course off.
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

You guys are forgetting the first law of motion here: "Things in motion tend to stay in motion unless acted upon by an outside force"

So unless something drastic happens to violently veer the asteroid off course (Earth's gravity won't do it), diddly squat will happen.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not so sure why everyone gets so EXCITED about freaking out about something horrible happening. ...So excited that they're convinced the government is lying to us when they say it's no danger. Don't get me wrong: but unless you're one of the small group of people who actually believe that the world is run by a Zionist New World order taking orders from the Grand Melmacs: last I checked, the entire world isn't run by the United States of America. Nor is the USA the only place in the world with a space program.

If this asteroid posed any risk to us at all, don't you think SOMEONE out there would be worried about it besides the crazy old Silent Hill lady and a bunch of people in tinfoil hats on conspiracy theory forums?

The world has been "going to end" from this and that for as long as people have been intelligent enough to panic. It's still around. And seriously, so what if it is? If a giant asteroid is going to hit our planet and turn us all into mincemeat and the entire world is lying to us: okay... so what? Obviously if you're right, we're all screwed.

What do any of us have to gain in freaking out about imminent death every time the stars flash, the wind changes course or an ancient calender ends. If the world is ending: let it end. There's nothing we can do to stop it anyway.

And it isn't just "That astronomy guy" who thinks this is idiotic:
    wikipedia - 2007 TU24 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    NASA - NEOs Removed from Impact Risks Tables

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tsurara For This Useful Post:

Ky-lyrra (Jan 28, 2008), nexusolus (Jan 24, 2008), Ochi Gate (Jan 24, 2008)

Otaku Oroboros Champion nexusolus is off to a good start nexusolus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    I'm not so sure why everyone gets so EXCITED about freaking out about something horrible happening. ...So excited that they're convinced the government is lying to us when they say it's no danger. Don't get me wrong: but unless you're one of the small group of people who actually believe that the world is run by a Zionist New World order taking orders from the Grand Melmacs: last I checked, the entire world isn't run by the United States of America. Nor is the USA the only place in the world with a space program.

If this asteroid posed any risk to us at all, don't you think SOMEONE out there would be worried about it besides the crazy old Silent Hill lady and a bunch of people in tinfoil hats on conspiracy theory forums?

The world has been "going to end" from this and that for as long as people have been intelligent enough to panic. It's still around. And seriously, so what if it is? If a giant asteroid is going to hit our planet and turn us all into mincemeat and the entire world is lying to us: okay... so what? Obviously if you're right, we're all screwed.

What do any of us have to gain in freaking out about imminent death every time the stars flash, the wind changes course or an ancient calender ends. If the world is ending: let it end. There's nothing we can do to stop it anyway.

And it isn't just "That astronomy guy" who thinks this is idiotic:
    wikipedia - 2007 TU24 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    NASA - NEOs Removed from Impact Risks Tables
    I agree with you on both ends of your statement, SOMEONE would know, and if it were to happen it doesnt really matter. For the most part i completly disregard the whole idea of "since they stopped talking about it means somthings wrong" theory Maybe they just stopped caring bout the asteroid and dont consider it a threat so they keep they minimal staff keeping tabs on it.

Made by me.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast