Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: is it possible for guys and girls to simply be "best friends"?

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: is it possible for guys and girls to simply be "best friends"?

Sure it is ^^ But both the guy and the girl must be sure that they want to be just friends. And it would be very good if none of them is single, because otherways a relationship sure could arise. The main thing is to want to be friends, then it will work ^^

For example, I tried to be just friends with Ray, but, since I always felt more towards him, it was unescapable that, as soon as he had problems with his gf, I could no longer resist the pull...
    But I can be just friends with many guys that I have no love feelings towards, it's just the power of will that matters
    I find friendship between a guy and a girl very, very cute though... ^^

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Otaku cojoe5 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Im best friends with 56 girls at my school and we all get along just fine
    Assistant Commander *Master Ninja*

Child Of God Kiani Haki22 is off to a good start Kiani Haki22's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    well i mean i have female friends who i am attracted to in that way, and i know nothing will come of it, so i just quell those feelings. it depends on you, the other person, and your ability to control your emotions.
    I guess I can't control my emotions....I act on my emotions that is just what I do....and plus it probably easier for you to control your emotions then me.

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

well i still think a guy and a girl can be best friends no matter how emotions come into play plus wouldn't it make you a better friend if you really cared about the person. regardless what he or she is?
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

This topic is funny.
    Of course you can be JUST friends with someone from the opposite sex. And hey, If there is somewhat of an attraction (even a sexual one)... Does that mean your MORE than friends?
    You "manly" men may not want to admit this, but you're attracted to your other male friends. Maybe not phisically, or sexually. But, frinding friends is just another way of chosing a relationship with someone who has a trait you are attracted to. A girl can be attracted to another girl because she likes the way she dresses. Or because she knows how to have fun. A guy can be attracted to another guy because they find eachother to be the most challenging at a video game. That doesn't mean the girls are lesbian, or that the guys are gay!!!! Same goes for befriending someone of the opposite sex. You wouldn't befriend someone that didn't have some feature that attracted you.

So basically, friendships ARE relationships. And, attraction does not have to be about sex or romance.

Oh, and a little scattered romance... harmless flirting.... even sex itself... That doesn't mean you can't continue a friendship. These dynamics just make it much harder to keep things from becoming uncomfortable. More often than not, once it goes that far, it either destroys the friendship... Or flourishes into a relationship.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Newbie tentacle king is off to a good start
    Thanks

first, before I start, I'd like to ask the original poster:
    What are you, 14?

Now, on to the response:

DUHH!!! of course you can! just do it! if you just make up your damn mind, its simple. If you can't make up your mind to just do it, practice willpower. You'll get it sooner or later. either way, good day to you lass.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tentacle king View Post
    first, before I start, I'd like to ask the original poster:
    What are you, 14?

Now, on to the response:

DUHH!!! of course you can! just do it! if you just make up your damn mind, its simple. If you can't make up your mind to just do it, practice willpower. You'll get it sooner or later. either way, good day to you lass.
    you don't have to act that way ,if people would expect answers as this then they would never open threads to the public seeking an answer ...
    Well for me i find it's very possible to have friends of the opposite sex ,you may like one at some point of time but that all depends on you and you alone ,whether you make a move or take an action dealt with a feeling towards you ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Newbie tentacle king is off to a good start
    Thanks

seriously, this is crap my little brothers deal with. I give them the same treatment, and its works. Just decide within yourself to just do it. besides, the only reason you have this problem is because your doubt is clouding your vision. Kill the insecurity in your heart, and just freaking DO IT! its that simple.

there, is that nice enough for you?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast