Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pot legalized or not?

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Pot legalized or not?

I'd have to say that if you genuinely believe that pot makes you "happy," you have a pathetic perception of the term. There is not a single drug you can take, a food you can eat, or a liquid you can drink that can make you "happy." Here's what I can guarantee pot would do, it would increase teen and child use to maybe even an exponential number. Because it will be even more available than it is already, and we'll be giving raise to a generation that has drug problems. With all the other things America has going on right now, do you honestly believe a mind altering substance is going to make things clearer? A fog of smoke doesn't make these problems go away, it's just going to add fuel to the fire. If you defend legal pot it is undoubtedly because you've smoked it or currently smoke it, your reasons aren't noble at all, it's because you want to be able to **** yourself up without having the cops rain down upon you.

I don't want pot to be legal because above all, America really doesn't need another reason for other countries to look down on it. Legalizing pot would basically make the statement that we support you getting high, please do it. For a nation that is looked at to be a role model, that certainly doesn't convey a great message. And I truly doubt that even if you taxed pot that it'd get us out of the fix we're in right now.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark. For This Useful Post:

NinjaRyu (Dec 10, 2008)

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Well let me reitterate, I dont think doing any drugs while you're pregnant is a good idea. But most women will. End of story. If they were coffee drinkers they will have a hard time quitting, cigarette smokers often still smoke during pregnancy... which I am pretty freakin' sure is much more harmful than pot. Ibuprofen for pain. Prescription meds... a glass of wine here and there. And if none of those apply.... I bet they are going to get HEAVY drugs to ease the pain of labor. I had morphine.... MORPHINE... that is like an equivalent to heroine... but hey, no one frowns upon what a doctor shoots you up with.

@Dark

So yeah... I think it should be legal because I smoke... but not just that... because cetian amounts of it give you serious jail time. Wich is deplorable, and gross... when more serious drugs are legal. As to your theory about teens and kids use increasing... perhaps... but only initially. Pot is not that damned exciting... many people will have their fun and get over it. As a kid of two parents that smoked pot... I actually felt less excited about it then the kids who had to sneak around. My sister, who grew up in the same invironment as me... Doesn't mess with it at all really. Unlike all the kids who wanted to experiment... we KNEW all it did was make our parents fat. I'd be willing to bet I would smoke coniderably less after its legalization. Because I bet the man would take all the fun out of it... Why on earth would I want to buy a pack of joints (which will no doubt be filled with extra additives to really keep us hooked)? I don't smoke nasty cigarettes just because of that reason.

Not to mention... Hemp, wich differs substantially from the commonly smoked marijuana strands in THC level (would take a whole field of it to get you high). But looks simular because it is a cannibis plant... is also illegal. And god forbid one want to legalize the whole deal for the benefit would have both economically and environmentally. I mean... us simple minded pot heads couldn't be thinking along those lines with our dense little brains, now could we? I mean... lets just keep using corn to try and produce a more eco-friendly fuel... until we waste up that precious FOOD resource. All just because we're AFFRAID of some people getting high.

Oh and you will also find that many countries make a lot less of a deal about marijuana than we do. They laugh at us because we charge up the ass for healthcare... Throw up our hands to fight a drug war... and then feed our people LEGAL prescription drugs (more than any other country on earth, past or present). The american government are the biggest drug pushers ever... And other countries know that. Pot... in the big spectrum of things, is a laughable thing to get all worked up about in comparison!
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Dec 10, 2008 at 08:46 PM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

all the serious drugs you speak of are for medical use, only to be prescribed by a doctor. I'm not talking about medicinal aspects of drugs, I'm talking about recreational. I also think you highly underestimate the negative effects that legal pot would have on our youth. Are you proud that your parents did pot? Would you be ok with your own child smoking pot? I know I wouldn't be, what's it going do for them? What's it ever done for you except give people something to throw in your face? It's a temporary fix to a long term problem. Also, food applications? Really? I'm sorry but that just seems a little naive to me. Pot bad reputation more than outweighs any positives you perceive it would bring. I think it'd bring nothing but more unneeded problems and debates.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

I bet, no... I know those prescriptions drugs are responsible for more deaths and health problems than recreational marijuana. And the effect it will have on kids can only be as serious as the drug will allow, the effects of pot are just not that damned dramatic in harmful characterisitics. Especially considering how many 6 year olds are given legal speed to counter hyperactivity. Of course you wouldn't be talking about medical drugs... because those are given to you by a DOCTOR. OOOooohhhh , like that means anything.

And I also disagree that the risks out weigh the benefits. Esspecially where HEMP is concerned. I said it was a fuel resource, one better than gasoline for the environment and woud stop us from wasting corn to produce ethanol!!! The harvest and production of hemp would provide jobs. And that is just a few examples on a long list. Try reading a book called "The Emporor Wears No Clothes". I've done my homework. Have you? Not that it matters... we could go back and forth all day with all the conflicting information out there.

As to my kids smoking pot... touchy subject. I would prefer my kids not latch on to any substance.odds are admitedly against them. If they're gonna do it, I would rather they not feel like they have to hide it. Or be in some dangerous place, just to see what its like. I am not above smoking with my offspring... come a certian age. Hell, my mom and pop smoke with me from time to time. And I was damn proud of my parents growing up. Pot use aside... I was proud that they took the time to educate me rather than just follow the heard and say "No no". In fact, I remember my dad blowing me guns as a small child... eased my tummy aches...... Yep, hit your panic buttons! OH no! But my baby got nacotics at 5 for a tooth ache. From the dentist.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Thanks

You're comparing one drug to the hundreds of different drugs used in medicine which may or may not have been the actual cause of any given death or problem. Ok, that's a fair argument. I'm not defending our less than stellar health system here, but adding another drug to the legal list isn't going to make our current system any better.

You got me. I have not done an ounce of research regarding your fuel argument. However you did part of my job for me in your paragraph; where'd you get your info? Plus even if we were to use hemp for fuel, do you honestly think it will fair any better as an alternative fuel as corn/ethanol? Ethanol prices are just as terrible and fluctuating as regular gas, good luck growing enough hemp to satisfy just our countries fuel issues, convincing our currently terrible automobile industry to invest in vehicles that would support hemp fuel, plus using cleaner gas may reduce environmental harm, but it certainly doesn't solve it.

Do you believe that making pot legal would make your kids more open to talking to you about their drug use? It's still illegal for them, and with it legal you've given them more opportunity to start a needless habit. Making it legal gives kids more chances to get it, and more opportunity to use it in places and with people that could get them hurt.

Newbie NinjaRyu is off to a good start NinjaRyu's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with you dark on every point. To add just because some can manage it does not mean that will always be so. Can you imagine if everyone was getting high none would get their jobs done, bills wouldn't be paid food wouldn't be placed on the table leading to stealing. Everyone would be paranoid not trusting each other including family and close friends causing chaos and death on massive scales. Using any substance to numb the senses isn't good for your body unless your getting an operation. Because that is how your body tells you something is wrong masking it doesn't make it go away. Even if it is legalise kids still won't tell their parents no matter what age they are. Its like when you have sex you don't tell your parents that you have done it, how many times you have, what places you have or with how many people. Your friends maybe but not your parents. Even those in the business know not to use the the products because it messes with your mind don't forget what happen to Tony Montana.
    "I've come to deliver some bad luck" Train Hartnett

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

To clear up what I meant about death related incidents to pot would because of their impardness like drunk driving is to alcohol. Like sprout, it can be used to suppress pain of say people with cancer, but it doesn’t cure cancer, just suppress the pain which is a far cry from a cure other then numbing its effects. That’s as far as medicinal as it gets. For legal recreation like cigs and the booz it’s going to be a mess.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Sprout? Is that you?

Did you just speak up against the legalization of pot?

I just got a bit teary eyed just know.
    God... you think you know a person....

So uh, Since I know you.... I only have one question. Lets say you just made a purchase.... and got busted by a cop, would you feel the same way?
    Yeah, I would feel the same way. Don't get me wrong, I would be pretty excited if they made recreational use legal. I just can't say that I'm all for it. In reality, it would cause more bad than good. Teens would be able to access it just like cigarettes/alcohol. There are adults out there who simply don't give a damn. People would still sell it illegally, that'll never change and the government can't controll the quantity of weed grown across the country.

Like I said, I'm 50/50 on the subject. I'd be cool with it, but I like things the way they are, sorta.

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel1240 View Post
    If pot was legalized... I think everyone would be getting high off of it and i think there would be more deaths because, of a drug overdose. And, babies when there born would have a birth defect and be born months before when there due. So, i don't think that pot should be legalized. It should be illegal.
    Umm... What rock did you crawl out of?

You simply CANNOT overdose on pot. It's almost impossible. You'd have to smoke Amsterdam out of business in order to OD on marijuana! I know plenty of perfectly fine children and adults who's parents smoked while pregnant. I don't recommend ANY kind of smoking/drinking while pregnant, but all the pot-babies I know are A-OK. (Don't smoke while pregnant!!)

You should do your homework before stating an opinion like that, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    To clear up what I meant about death related incidents to pot would because of their impardness like drunk driving is to alcohol. Like sprout, it can be used to suppress pain of say people with cancer, but it doesn’t cure cancer, just suppress the pain which is a far cry from a cure other then numbing its effects. That’s as far as medicinal as it gets. For legal recreation like cigs and the booz it’s going to be a mess.
    BAM! *Nuff said, LOL*

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast