+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy at a young age

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks
    i agree with the jist of Zacks statement, but i wouldnt go as far as aborotion. there are more humane alternatives such as adoption. You'll feel less guilty plus hey, your giving a life a chance. which btw inst something for one to decide whether it should live or not.

S.E.L - sexy etna lover Baal may be famous one day Baal may be famous one day Baal's Avatar
    Thanks
    in P.R i heard and watch the news about a padrasto ( not real father second father) that got pregnant hes daughter of 10 years old thats just sad.

perdoname michelle!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackraa View Post
    (Generally speaking in my own opinion)

Pregnancy at a young age is stupidity at its greatest I say any pregnancy under 18 without marriage was brought forth by stupidity and nothing more you should be out doing things to prepare you for life not getting knocked up and royally ****ing it up I dont care if you forgot to take your pill or the condom broke its your fault no matter what you want to say and abortion is not a way out because its your fault

if said preganancy was cause by rape then it is not your fault and in my opinion abortion is a good option because it then wasnt your fault and you shouldnt be forced to raise something thats not by defintion yours if you do not wish it to be
    Yes, but when your young and horny. You dont think about it, you just do it.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    well you have a point there, but even if you are young and horny you have to think with your head not with the other head.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Really? I had a significant number of my friends think about it. Of course they also had adults who didn't mind pointing out the consequences if they didn't. "You know Mesha right? Guess what happened to her when she was out partying."

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks
    MUSTARD SEEDS: The ‘irresponsible’ should get blame
    Sunday, August 21, 2005
    MUSTARD SEEDS Rick Senften Repository special projects editor

Advertisement

This may seem impossible to you, but it’s true.

Sixty-five — again, 65 — of Timken High School’s 490 girl students are pregnant.

That’s a number confirmed by Principal Kim Redmond, whose staff, in less than a week, will inherit a problem it had no part in causing.

Whose fault is it that more than 13 percent of Timken’s girls are with child? Some would say fault-finding isn’t a fruitful exercise, but in this case, it’s critical. Suspects range from movies, TV and video games to lazy parents and lax discipline. Only one thing is sure: Schools don’t impregnate children.

“This has gotten to horrible proportions,” said Redmond. “I wish I knew the answer to why it’s happening.”

She’s not the only one who should wonder. McKinley High’s numbers aren’t rosy, either, and its culture is just as ripe for trouble. I recall a day there last spring, while waiting for an English class to let out, that a roomful of kids lauded a boy, no more than 16 or 17, for having become a “dad” the night before. A paper on the kid’s desk suggested he might struggle to spell that word.

According to the Canton Health Department, through July, 104 of 586 babies born to Canton residents in Aultman Hospital and Mercy Medical Center — the county’s largest hospitals — had mothers between 11 and 19. That’s nearly 18 percent, or three times the total number of babies born at the same hospitals to teen parents living elsewhere in Stark County and beyond.

These numbers are not aberrations.

The non-Canton rate the year before was 7 percent; Canton’s was 15. In 2003, the non-Canton rate was 7 percent and the city’s 18, and in 2002, the county’s rate was 8.5 percent and the city’s just under 17.

Some might argue that the non-Canton rate is also too high, and, indeed, it may seem especially so as the rest of the nation is enjoying a 10th year of decline in teen pregnancy. But Canton City Schools would take Stark County’s rate in a heartbeat.

A lot of factors enter into a school district’s ability to succeed, but none is more important than home environment. Even smart kids struggle when their parents don’t establish expectations for academic achievement and responsible behavior. Teen moms will, in time, almost surely fill this lethargic parenting description, their pregnancies evidence of faulty priorities.

What chance does a pregnant girl have to meet education goals when she finds herself focusing on everything from peer attention to morning sickness, misses classes regularly and, finally, is on maternity leave? Many never return to school. If they do, they’re far behind.

At home, they face mounting tensions created by the unplanned child-rearing responsibilities they’ve left with their own parents or grandparents. This persuades some to quit, and to plan on a GED. Sometimes that plan is realized; often it’s not.

Not surprisingly, few get to college, educators say.

Boys don’t get caught in this net the same way girls do, unless they try to be responsible. If they do, they slow their own educational progress and limit themselves occupationally. If they don’t, they often cause more problems for more girls. And they go virtually unchecked; getting a girl pregnant and ignoring responsibility isn’t treated as a crime.

One clear sign of the problem shows up in such measurements as the state’s Academic Watch designation, which the Canton City School District has been unable to shake. Low grades, low attendance, low graduation — these are aggravated by a growing population of people who can’t afford to pay to improve the educational environment.

“Once again, the schools can’t do it all,” Redmond said. “Once again, we’re being asked to.”

And once again they’ll try. Timken, for instance, will roll out a three-pronged program addressing pregnancy, prevention and parenting. Redmond isn’t saying exactly how the program will work — how it will compare to other such courses that have disappeared in recent times — but the goal will be to keep all students focused on their futures.

A focus on the future is, by definition, the role of schools. But it’s far-fetched to argue they should be held accountable for all the hurdles strewn before that goal. They need help, and they need it fast from people who, to date, have been unwilling to recognize their responsibilities.
    Wow that is just a shame 65 out of 490 girls pregnant what a mess i must say this is just what the world need more unwanted pregnancies.
    I actually wondering how many abortions a year take place...

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks
    i agree with you miroku but many girls make up there minds about having a family but when they get there wish they wanna regret it. thats why on maury they always dont think and they rant on how many partners they fu**ed. but they just probally thinks it's more mature and more adult to have a family

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Otaku Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Many of my friends talk about sex like its a game or just some pleasure without regard for the out come. For instance one asked me if I ever had a friend with privileges. This refers to a girl I would know and is just a friend but I can have sex with. When he asked me I said I didnt know what that was and then was stumped when he told me. One show I saw once showed some girls sitting at a table being interviewed. All of them where very young girls who had abortions by order of there parents. They kept on going about how mad they where that they had to have the abortion and I suppose they should however when they where asked how they where to support it they just said there parents would do that while they played mother and went to school. Frankly i think that nuts. Another thing many people forget is even if girls can start getting pregnant at the when the first have there period(12-13). This doesnt mean there bodies can fully handle pregnancy. Considering im not a doctor ill only say that a research study found that the best min age for girls to have children is 26. It said that even thought at 20 the body is mostly mature the body is not fully in its adult form since the bones take much longer to mature then the rest. Thus it was recommended that girls not have any till then since its causes much less streets on the body then. Beyond this I believe that children should not have sex till at least after they finish school, have jobs and are married. This way they are at least old enough to support that child themselves without risk of personal harm.
    Barbecued,bake,fryed,every sort of sauce as well as bread of dog.......No mater what it always tastes like chicken. Any ideas oh how to change this?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast