+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy at a young age

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_G135 View Post
    I believe people could get married as early as 14, and then women just continued to have children as long as they could, because the child mortality rate was pretty high back then (because of disease, mostly). And then I've read the average life expectancy was about the age of 45... hm.
    At that time the average age for marriage was 25 for women, 27 for men. In England the aristocracy's average was 19 to 21 for women, 24 to 26 for men. You are taking an exception and treating like an average then comparing it to an average. According to what I have read the ones who did marry young also tended to die young. Hence 30 years instead of 45. Though I believe the average age of death was actually 55.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    I am 18 years old and I think pregnancy should be left for marriage alone in my opinion after you are married you should be prepared for life and in that statement I say that you should be prepared for marriage as well running into things such as this head long is just stupidity
    Who ever said teenagers were smart? rofl

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    At that time the average age for marriage was 25 for women, 27 for men. In England the aristocracy's average was 19 to 21 for women, 24 to 26 for men. You are taking an exception and treating like an average then comparing it to an average.
    Hey now, I don't mean to do that at all ^^; I'm just stating what I've read, and each source is different I guess.

But even if you don't consider colonial America, what about Ancient Rome? The average age for marriage in women was about 16 in the late 1300's. Granted, the average lifespan was between 20 and 30, but that was mostly because of disease, wasn't it? And with modern medicine today people do tend to live longer lives - even ones who had children at a young age.
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks
    QUOTEI support abortion, i dont no if he does or not. But what. Life deserves a chance? Well what about the 14 yr old teenage mother, did she get a second chance? No. Now her lifes over and she has to devote 100 % of her free time, becuase either she got raped, or the condom broke, or she made a bad decision. So what now its over? Now she has to quit and take care of a baby? The babys not gonna turn out good, its gonna be trailer trash, becuase no 14 year old will have the money or the devotion. Shell turn out to be a drunken drug attic. It just wont work out. 2 ppls lives were ruined. The mother, and the child. Now what sounds better, that, or just ending it all with a simple abortion and giving the mother a second chance to wait till shes ready to have the kid.]

I agree to this to some extent. As a woman who has been on birth control since I was 16 I know that there is no reason to get pregnant on accident. If you are having sex you should use some sort of protection. Even if a condom breaks there is the morning after pill that can be taken up to three days later. Planned Parenthood will give this to anyone over the age of 13 no questions asked. Even if you cant pay for it they will give it to you. There are no excuses for getting pregnant and having to make the choice of abortion. I dont agree with abortion, but not because of the moral implications, but because there is no reason for it to go that far. and besides there is always adoption.

Otaku Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Inteligince has nothing to do with this. If your not old enught too have a job and take care of your self then you just sould not be having sex in the first place. This way there is no problem. As for rape ill just say this. in the original time when abortion was illegal there was a a loop hole so ive heard if they wheer raped. But not consetual.Ive also heard of that in back in the days theye had childern at about 15 but that was because the averige person didnt live past 25-30. As for the study. Icant tell you anymore its been so long i only remebered when seeing this thread.
    Barbecued,bake,fryed,every sort of sauce as well as bread of dog.......No mater what it always tastes like chicken. Any ideas oh how to change this?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_G135 View Post
    Hey now, I don't mean to do that at all ^^; I'm just stating what I've read, and each source is different I guess.

But even if you don't consider colonial America, what about Ancient Rome? The average age for marriage in women was about 16 in the late 1300's. Granted, the average lifespan was between 20 and 30, but that was mostly because of disease, wasn't it? And with modern medicine today people do tend to live longer lives - even ones who had children at a young age.
    True, the life expectancy is much longer. Doesn't that just mean there's no reason to rush into anything? After all if your life expectancy is 30 I can understand getting married at 14-16 and hoping to see a grandkid befor you die. Especially in a time where most people never left a 5 mile area their entire life. However we're not and we don't so why do it? Especially if it's not all that good for you.

Oh, and I believe you are refering to the black plague.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie Pteronophobia may be famous one day Pteronophobia may be famous one day
    Thanks

The process for having children has only one purpose, having children. This is sex and it should not be had until two people are married. Sex IS beautiful. It is an act given to us by God. He intended it only for the purpose of children. This solves every problem you could think of with this debate except for the age that two can get legally married. This only matters because of the age that people can get married can minimize their ability to know if the love is actually love and not just lust because of hormones. I believe the age should be around 18 for marriage everywhere because some people are more mature than others at 18 and can be liable to make such decisions as this.

xD

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteronophobia View Post
    The process for having children has only one purpose, having children. This is sex and it should not be had until two people are married. Sex IS beautiful. It is an act given to us by God. He intended it only for the purpose of children. This solves every problem you could think of with this debate except for the age that two can get legally married. This only matters because of the age that people can get married can minimize their ability to know if the love is actually love and not just lust because of hormones. I believe the age should be around 18 for marriage everywhere because some people are more mature than others at 18 and can be liable to make such decisions as this.

xD
    very well said. but i have one question, dont you think 18 is a little too young? i mean, even if they are mature and they think they are grown thay aren't. they arent officially grown till 21. and at age 18 they are just now supposedly graduating from highschool and about to explore life, go to college and get a degree and major in whatever they want too. kids will interfere and most times if the girl get prgnant before the age of 20-25 the man will leave. i seen it happen many many times. but i think the proper age should be 21 minimum. 18 to me is way to young., they are still kids.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast