Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Is president bush doing a good job?

Newbie dekester22 may be famous one day dekester22 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Is president bush doing a good job?

CONTINUED…

Quote Originally Posted by Badlywornshoes
    16) The Bush administration's proposed budget for FY 2006 slashes spending on key domestic programs. Major areas of decreased U.S. governmental spending include Medicaid, the Department of Education, the Department of Housing and Urban Development, the environment, and farm subsidies. Places where the budget is seeing larger expenditures include border, airport, and seaport security, anti-terrorism programs, and food and drinking water safety. The budget proposal counts on Bush's tax cuts remaining in place, reinforcing the intent to make them permanent. The new budget does not include the cost of privatizing Social Security, which could reach into the trillions, or the continuation of U.S. military presence in Afghanistan and Iraq.
    You are repeating yourself. You covered this in #12 above. Please refer to my response immediately thereafter.

17) For the third time in three years, Congress will have to raise the federal debt ceiling, thus increasing the government's borrowing authority by as much as $800 billion. According to the Washington Post editorial board, "the Treasury Department has been doing the governmental equivalent of scrounging for spare change in the couch cushions to pay its obligations." This latest hike in the debt limit will amount to a grand total of more than $2 trillion during Bush's first term. "The deficits [the government] racks up year after year impede economic growth, burden future generations and force the United States to rely on foreign governments and investors," the Post reports. "Meanwhile, as the government has to pay more interest on its debt, it has less for health care, education and other programs." In his first State of the Union address, Bush spoke of his plan to pay off over the next decade the entire $2 trillion debt held by the public at that time. He said, "We owe it to our children and grandchildren to act now." As it stands today, the debt is on track to reach the $6.5 trillion mark by 2011.
    You already mentioned the budget deficits in early items in your post. You don't get credit for a new item by rehashing an old one. Also, your information is old. New budgets have been written, tax revenues have come in at record pace and have changed outlooks. Also, please refer to my earlier comment about the deficit as a percentage of GDP - we are at historical lows there. And, again, I don't want a government running a profit with my money. I want it in my bank account now.

Thanks.
    -----------------------------Double Post Merge---------------------------------------------
    PART 2

18) According to the Associated Press, a non-partisan Congressional Budget Office study found that "the tax cuts and other policies President Bush proposed in his $2.4 trillion budget would probably have a minimal impact on the economy." While the agency stated that Bush's proposal "could either increase or reduce economic output through 2009, and improve it in the following five years," the study concluded that "the differences are likely to be small, affecting output by less than one-half of one percentage point." The effect of Bush's tax cuts and proposed budget are still unclear, and many leaders are demanding immediate and effective action. AP quoted Sen. Kent Conrad, the top Democrat on the budget panel, who described Bush's policies as "truly dangerous to the economic security of our country ... we have a responsibility to alter that course."
    Uhhh, lets see....a Democrat who thinks Bush's economic policies are "dangerous", yeah that's inciteful. I'm surprised they didn't interview John Kerry and John Edwards and get their opinion and state it as fact. The facts are, however, that the Bush tax cuts have spurred this economy to the record levels we've seen. Unemployment steady at 4.7% near all-time lows, manufacturing output at historically high levels, home ownership at all-time highs, stock market at historical high levels, and the outlook is still very good.

19) During the first three years of the Bush-Cheney administration, the unemployment rate increased by one-third and 2.2 million jobs were lost, and the country has gone from a $281 billion surplus to a $521 billion deficit. Debt has increased 23% from $5.7 trillion, to $7 trillion. Bush recently restated his pledge to create 2.6 million jobs, stating "5.6% unemployment is a good national number." However, the New York Times recently uncovered a White House report indicating that the president is considering reclassifying low-paid fast-food jobs as higher-paid manufacturing jobs to make it appear like the unemployment rate is going down.
    OK, during the first 3 years, Bush was dealing with a recession, a stock market crash, the high-tech industry going into recession, 9/11 attacks that sent tourism to record lows and almost obliterated the airline industry. And that quote about 5.6% being good? Well economists view 5% unemployment as statistical full employment. And as far as that New York Times report, it didn't actually say the jobs WERE reclassified. According to CBS News (who has gone so far as to make up stories to make Bush look bad - see Dan Rather Memogate) the Census Bureau was already classifying some jobs that might seem like "service" as "manufacturing" and that definitions were a little fuzzy. The White House report was pointing to the insonsistencies there and wanted clarification. In no way are "low-paid fast-food jobs" reclassified as "higher-paid manufacturing jobs". Click here for the article http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in601336.shtml

20) (my personal favorite) During a July 20 talk at Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Bush seemed to disavow his own personal wealth: 'You see, if you can't raise enough by taxing the rich, guess who gets to pay next? Yes, the not-rich. (Laughter.) That's all of us.' Bush and first lady Laura Bush had income totaling $822,126 last year, and according to the Wall Street Journal, their net worth is somewhere between $7.7 and $18.9 million. "Bush tries to come off as a regular guy in his campaign appearances," Dan Froomkin noted in the Washington Post, on July 21. "But maybe he pushed it a little too far yesterday."
    I certainly won't defend that quote, but to suggest that quote is indicative of his inability to lead this country is pushing it. And he's not the only one to misrepresent himself to the public in order to try and associate with the "common man". Every single major Presidential candidate comes from money and has more money than the average American will ever see. Yet they all - ALL OF THEM - will try to come across as just being "regular" and "not rich".
    -----------------------------Double Post Merge---------------------------------------------
    Pretty lame thesis. If that was your actual work turned in, I'm guessing you got an F or a D.
    Last edited by dekester22; May 23, 2006 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

all this sound valid but what i do know if your in the top1% you dont have to

taxes .atleast thats the rumore going around my blue collar town. people here

think george bush is playing favorite's
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks

Badlywornshoes is pretty much copying and pasting all his information from bush hate-sites.

(which explaines all his old information)

Infact, i bet all his information can be found at this page.

http://www.thetruthaboutgeorge.com/economy/index.html

Newbie atashi may be famous one day atashi may be famous one day atashi's Avatar
    Thanks

he is the worse president in history but that is my oppinion^_^

Thank you soooo much equinn for leting me us this pic of your!!!!!

This is a cute little clip:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrZQIayUnbA

My favorite song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8frvSHvlzSM

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atashi
    he is the worse president in history but that is my oppinion^_^
    You are pretty much right, only good thing that Bush has made is that got Saddam
    out of throne...but everything before and after that is pretty much useless.
    One word describes Bush...as for I care it's "LIAR"

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Newbie studlytheknight may be famous one day studlytheknight may be famous one day studlytheknight's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't believe Bush is the best for the job but he hasn't messed it up too badly yet. I sincerely doubt that many other people could prevent the numerous problems that spawned after 2001. I also doubt that having some one slightly incompetant could ruin our country, we are supposed to have safeguards against that.
    Its too close for missles; time to bring out the guns.

Newbie dekester22 may be famous one day dekester22 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice
    all this sound valid but what i do know if your in the top1% you dont have to

taxes .atleast thats the rumore going around my blue collar town. people here

think george bush is playing favorite's

The top 10% of wage earners in this country pay roughly 65% of the taxes collected by the federal government. These are the people who make in the hundreds of thousands of dollars each year.

The top 50% of wage earners (those of us making over approximately $26k and up) pay roughly 96% of all the taxes collected by the federal government. That means that the bottom 50% of wage earners (those people making less than $26k per year, only account for approximately 4% of the taxes.

To me, that sounds like a fair system.

And every politician plays favorites. Every politician who has ever lived at any time in history has played favorites. This isn't something that is only being done by the current President of the United States.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that Bush and his administration and the Congress and the Government is doing a bad job, but about Bush; I believe Bush became power hungry and incorrectly interpreted what he could and could not do; after 9/11 Congress gave him executive war powers to combat terrorism, he miscalculated what he could do and consequently, acted as if he had supreme power, the ATT and the NSA eavesdropping stories are a prodcut of this(which is another rant in itself). In his first term , he focused on foreign policy in order to protect the U.S. from terrorists threats, I believe we went to Iraq to finish what his dad started and that WMD is bs but regardless, he let his domestic policy slide a slippery slope, by his second term, his lack of response to domestic policy started to come back and bite his ass; he now has to fix social security(which will run out in 2040) and the healthcare system(Medicare will run out in 2012). Oil was not his fault, he may have been a texas boy, but the reason for the world's oil prices are not his fault, its the fault of number of variables including polictical stability of Iraq, Iran, and Venezuela, add to the fact that China is finally realizing its potential this sleeping giant is buying oil as fast as it can; as far as education goes, we have been on the decline for almost 6 years, we have let the rest of the world get ahead of us and now we are having to fight for jobs from foreign born and higher educated people. Also, we are in fear of technology as the government is trying to control technology and its resources almost as if its afraid of itself.

Energy, energy has been a problem way before Bush, it is just the pricing of oil is topping during his administration, this was inevitable but it just happened during his administration, the problem most people don't think about is that we all want a quick solution, there is none, advancements in alternative fuels and fuel cells are still years away.

Bush has not handled these issues due to his miscalulation of his executive power and the fact that our country is governed by people who are lawyers, China is governed by people with engineering and science backgrounds who can plan and fix quickly instead of debating and negotiating. --This is my personal opinion

Our illegal immigration problem has been around for almost 20 years, Bush's Administration and our Congress got the shit on this one, somewhere down the line, we would have needed to address this issue, it just so happens that it happened now.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast