Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Is president bush doing a good job?

Newbie dekester22 may be famous one day dekester22 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Is president bush doing a good job?

Yeah, our country is doing so bad right now that's why nobody else in the whole world wants to come here! [/sarcasm]

And if any of you think our economy is bad, just do a little research as to what it's like in the rest of the world.

Our national debt may be high in terms of dollar amount, but it is peanuts when compared to our Gross Domestic Product. And of all the countries on this great world of ours, the United States - even with this huge deficit - is financially more secure than every other nation.

So you have to ask yourself - if GWB is doing so poorly in your mind, then why is it that our country is on such stable ground financially? Why do millions of people want to come here to work? Hmmmmm??

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dekester22
    Yeah, our country is doing so bad right now that's why nobody else in the whole world wants to come here! [/sarcasm]

And if any of you think our economy is bad, just do a little research as to what it's like in the rest of the world.

Our national debt may be high in terms of dollar amount, but it is peanuts when compared to our Gross Domestic Product. And of all the countries on this great world of ours, the United States - even with this huge deficit - is financially more secure than every other nation.

So you have to ask yourself - if GWB is doing so poorly in your mind, then why is it that our country is on such stable ground financially? Why do millions of people want to come here to work? Hmmmmm??

maybe because the government turns a blind eye to the

the under the table funds they get when they let non green card

holder 's work here
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice
    maybe because the government turns a blind eye to the

the under the table funds they get when they let non green card

holder 's work here

While I don't fault somebody for wanting to better their life by coming to work here, I have two issues with the current immigration problem: 1) those people should come here by legal means, and if not they should be immediately deported; and 2) companies that hire people that can't prove citizenship or worker-visa status should be punished with heavy, heavy fines. I fault the businesses just as much as I fault the people that come here illegally.

That being said, there are more people that come to this country LEGALLY than ILLEGALLY. But it doesn't matter, your response still doesn't diminish my point.

Even though the government has turned a blind eye to illegals coming here, those people are still coming here. Why? Because our economy is so BAD??? NO!!!!! They are coming here because our economy is so very good.
    -----------------------------Double Post Merge---------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by silvebloodalchemist
    I think George Bush has done an awful job. Under his leadership we have entered in a pointless war that is just eating up all our hard earned cash. Gas prices have risen at an extrodinary rate and he's not helping in anyway. It is my opinion that soon we shall have another great depression. Maybe in five to ten years. He has not handled national crisis very good like when hurricane Katrina hit it took a long, long time for any form of assitance from the government to arrive. I don't see how he way able to win his second election.
    Eating up our hard-earned cash?? Do you want your government to run on a profit? Then you would see them eating up your hard-earned cash!!

As for the situation with gas prices - what do you want the President to do, federalize all the oil companies and fix prices at a certain level?? Communism doesn't work. Just look back in history at the Communist regimes and see how their economies worked. China is still considered "communist", but they are far more open with free-market principals than any other communist country in history. I'm not sure that they really are truly communist. Certainly the leadership of that country tries to lay an iron fist ala Communist Russia, but they also realize the need to have free-market concepts in order prosper - unlike Communist Russia.

There are no economic indicators pointing towards a depression, so I'm curious as to how you have formed that opinion.

Hurrican Katrina was more of a local-government failure than a federal-government failure. But is far more chic to point blame at the Bush Administration than on a minority Mayor of a predominant minority city that just got wiped out. That being said, there aren't things that couldn't have been done better on a federal level. But my feeling is that all of that complaining is just "Monday Morning Quarterbacking" - meaning that hindsigt is always perfect vision. Things that most certainly could have been handled better at a local level was following emergency response procedures. Those buses were supposed to be used to evacuate people. Instead they didn't get used, and after the city flooded and they needed help moving people out they couldn't use the buses because they were water-logged. The plan by Mayor Nagin to house people in the Superdome was fine if it was going to be a temporary shelter, but they counted too heavily on the levees not being over-topped (which they were) and keeping thousands of people downtown in the flood-zone soon became a bad idea.

So, yes, the feds could've done better. But if the locals had done their job, the feds wouldn't have been so-badly needed.
    Last edited by dekester22; May 25, 2006 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Otaku White_Mage88 may be famous one day White_Mage88 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I don't really like bush, or the bush administration. I don't think there doing a good job at all. Most of the things they do don't even make sense...

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

I know, he has said only one sensible thing I've heard so far ... the one in which he defended the migrants taking over some jobs issue. And, try searching for faliure in google xp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by White_Mage88
    I don't really like bush, or the bush administration. I don't think there doing a good job at all. Most of the things they do don't even make sense...
    Like what specifically? Since you say "most of the things" you should be able to come up with lots of answers for me.
    -----------------------------Double Post Merge---------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip
    And, try searching for faliure in google xp
    There are ways in which people manipulate the way search engines provide results for certain searches. Be careful of relying on search engines to provide answers to questions.
    Last edited by dekester22; May 27, 2006 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

A Returning Soul Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silvebloodalchemist
    I think George Bush has done an awful job. Under his leadership we have entered in a pointless war that is just eating up all our hard earned cash. Gas prices have risen at an extrodinary rate and he's not helping in anyway. It is my opinion that soon we shall have another great depression. Maybe in five to ten years. He has not handled national crisis very good like when hurricane Katrina hit it took a long, long time for any form of assitance from the government to arrive. I don't see how he way able to win his second election.
    Pointless! Why how would you like to live under Saddams rule man its not fun at all that I heard from my friend who was once an Iraqy citizen
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22388&dateline=123367  5260

Otaku Star Girl may be famous one day Star Girl may be famous one day Star Girl's Avatar
    Thanks

No....thats all i have to say. I dont live in the US so i wouldnt really know...

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast