Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Privacy

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Privacy

How much privacy do we have now???

After watching the film -"enemy of the state" it brought up the subject of invasion of privacy.

with Technology being such a big part of our day-to-day lives...it has been made easier for people to monitor where are in the world, our personal back ground, are daily routines, and who we talk to. So now that camera's are becoming smaller and easier for people to place them into our homes and watching we do in our homes. What happened to days where no-one tried to look behind closed doors in any case of offending the owner and the people who live there???
    Also now that mobile phones have been invented its easier for people to track our calls.

What do you think about the Privacy as it stands at the moment and are you worried thats soon we will have no privacy left because everyone will know everyone's business and more.

Do you think our Privacy is being invaded with out our knowing??
    How do you feel about us not having any privacy at all??
    Any views or opinion you have on the subject is greatly appreciated!!
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Privacy

so many questions asked in one post lol. but meaningful questions none the less, so i'll do my best to answer them.

it's true that our privacy is becoming less and less protected as technology advances, but the law is still in effect. as a civilian, i shouldn't feel threatened by someone else trying to find out more information about me. i believe that's labelled as stalking, or somewhere along those lines - against the law.

i do believe that our privacy is being invaded without our knowing, but really, what can we do? we really have no proof, and we might just be paranoid or something. everything's based on evidence, and if we don't have any, then we'd better not go around falsely accusing others.

we do have privacy, but just not as much as we used to have. that is, before technology came into the world. i'm starting to think - those who actually invent spyware technology meant for the government or something... do they ever think their plan could backfire? because that's what's happening.

but it can't be helped. if we choose to use the internet, then we're risking a hacker hacking into our computers. if we use mobiles, then we're risking the possiblity that someone might track us down. so really, it can't be helped. but you know, i really pity stalkers and people alike them. don't they have anything better to do?

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dancy_SAZ
    How much privacy do we have now???

After watching the film -"enemy of the state" it brought up the subject of invasion of privacy.

with Technology being such a big part of our day-to-day lives...it has been made easier for people to monitor where are in the world, our personal back ground, are daily routines, and who we talk to. So now that camera's are becoming smaller and easier for people to place them into our homes and watching we do in our homes. What happened to days where no-one tried to look behind closed doors in any case of offending the owner and the people who live there???
    Also now that mobile phones have been invented its easier for people to track our calls.

What do you think about the Privacy as it stands at the moment and are you worried thats soon we will have no privacy left because everyone will know everyone's business and more.

Do you think our Privacy is being invaded with out our knowing??
    How do you feel about us not having any privacy at all??
    Any views or opinion you have on the subject is greatly appreciated!!

True you can be tracked by your mobile phone. By going to your options you can turn this feature off though. If you still don't think this is enough, turn it off. Still worried? Smash it and live in the woods and become a hermit.

Though it is harder to secure your privacy nowadays, you can't just abandon technology. There are also many cases of our privacy being invaded. The internet is a prime example. But most of these things that cause or privacy to be invaded is our doing. You can stop using your cell phone, and internet. And though not having privacy at all is a scarry idea, we have been slowly working twards it for a long time. Look how shameless we are compared to colonial times. Or compared to other countries. I guess it's just a matter of how you were raised.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

Otaku pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru's Avatar
    Thanks

As a citizen of the US, I think the amount of privacy given to us could be better. However, I totally understand that freedom does not come free. I'm willing to sacrifice a few of my privacy rights to live in a safer environment. ^^

o~Piggy-san~o

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

One of these days the amount of privacy u will have will depend on your dependency on technology.
    Good Movie.....

Newbie animeimmersion may be famous one day animeimmersion may be famous one day animeimmersion's Avatar
    Thanks

If you guys are really looking for the truth about how much privacy Americans have, check out "The Patriot Act" by the good old President Bush. That Act allows the government to basiclly monitor anything you do, like: use the Telephone, use a cellular phone, use your email, use anytype of video confrencing, or post on forums *looks over his shoulder*. Thats why if you really wan't privacy you need to investigate "Encryption". They have encryption formulas these days that would currently take 100+ years to crack (I plan on not caring about privacy in 100+ years, so I use encryption ), like blowfish encryption. Well, Hope that was helpful

See ya Around, さょぉはら (I think thats right - sa-yo-o-na-ra *usless there is a kanji for it *shrugs**)
    Last edited by animeimmersion; Jul 12, 2006 at 01:36 AM.

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pigtaru
    As a citizen of the US, I think the amount of privacy given to us could be better. However, I totally understand that freedom does not come free. I'm willing to sacrifice a few of my privacy rights to live in a safer environment. ^^
    They could be looking at you taking a bath.......but you know just to be safe, let them.

I think it's stupid actually. I thought we were the country of freedom. I guess the U.S isn't what it used to be.....damn technology heh.

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

in a few years there will be putting chips under your
    skin so they will know here your at all the time.the day that
    happen i will be one of the few rebels refusing the chip
    becuase that taking to much of your privacy
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast