+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Privately Owning Guns

Newbie Sailor_Saturn may be famous one day Sailor_Saturn may be famous one day Sailor_Saturn's Avatar
    Thanks

Privately Owning Guns

As much as people use them protect themselves, it has had an excelation in crime. Should only officers and authorized people have them?

"Along with death...hope and rebirth can begin." -Sailor Saturn

Otaku fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Privately Owning Guns

I don't know, even if they only have them it doesn't mean that noboday would ever just try to steal it or keep it hidden so its really hard to say.

Thanks lifeforce! (:

Otaku Speed Cards Champion, Foxhole 13 Champion, Commander Keen - Marooned on Mars Champion, Block Down Champion, Cubis 2 : Arcade Champion, Animal Connect Champion, Color Reactor 2 Champion, Crystal Clear Champion, Cubis 2 : Morph-Fun Champion, SputNik Champion, Blast The Enemy Champion, Prison Escape Champion, Shock Defence Champion ConradGuravitch103 may be famous one day ConradGuravitch103 may be famous one day ConradGuravitch103's Avatar
    Thanks

people kill people not guns i dont think that it would make any difference.
    I've seen all you here before at the rise and the fall, lets go down and ring the bell at the Levity Ball.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

I think Yes. only Authorized should be able to. All hell would break loose if everyone held a gun.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku Satsuma may be famous one day Satsuma may be famous one day Satsuma's Avatar
    Thanks

Is there really a point? I doubt it'll lower the crime rate, murders will only get more messy and gruesome. knives and hands instead of guns. Then there goes home security. Brinks? Gotta wait a few minutes for the cops to arrive when the criminal could shoot/stab someone in a matter of seconds. At least with a firearm you have a chance. And if you can't afford a fancy security system? I doubt pop cans on a string'll stop a burglar, and you're left essentially defenseless.
    Ich bin ein hund. Ich bin ein tefel hund!
    Ready to war, Ragnarok approaches.

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

I honestly like how Canada handles guns. Pretty much the only guns allowed for use by the general population are shotguns and rifles, for hunting and whatnot. You CAN get a handgun, but it requires a special licence. We had two types of licences for guns up here, a PAL (possession and acquisition licence) and then a POL (possession only licence) but they got rid of the POL licence awhile ago. The handgun licence is seperate from PAL. Any type of machine gun, sub-machine gun, assault rifle, or anything like that is completely banned in Canada.

The majority of murders within Canada aren't from people who hold licenced guns, it's from thugs on the street who have brought handguns over from America.

Pretty much you can buy any gun in America, hand guns, machine guns, sub machine guns, or pea shooter. It's these types of guns that generally wind up being used in murders, or robberies.

There is no reason to own a machine gun except for the fact of owning it. You can't go hunting with it (you'd blow any animal into pieces). I think the only guns that should be available to the public are shotguns and rifles, just like up here.
    Firing ranges should be set up by the federal government where they hold "banned" weapons not allowed for ownership by the public, but where you can go fire them. Like, they'd have a stock of AK's or something that you could go pay to shoot (but like I said, have the range owned by the Federal Government, that way they could keep a close watch over everything. Make sure no guns go missing).

Just the other day, a 25 year old from Quebec went and shot up a college, killing one person and injuring about 20 more. The gun he used wasn't from Canada, it was an illegal assault rifle from the states.

Also, a couple months ago, a kid in Vancouver (he was around 15 I think) was caught having an AK47 on his bed by his mom. She phoned the cops (good on her) who came and picked the gun, and the kid up. Where'd he get the gun? Surprise surprise, he got it shipped up from America.

However, the saying "guns don't kill people; people kill people" IS true. It takes someone to pull the trigger. However, there is no need for the public to own machine guns or any heavy powered firearm, or for personal firearms to be produced on such a level that it is in the United States.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

no, how will i be able to hunt then? or protect myself. u think just because people arent allowed to have them that they wont have them? look at drugs

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shu View Post
    no, how will i be able to hunt then? or protect myself. u think just because people arent allowed to have them that they wont have them? look at drugs

I said that they should allow rifles, and shotguns, but ban the rest. Shotguns and rifles are all you need, and should use, to hunt. Anything else is overkill.

As for protecting yourself....how many times do you hear about someone chasing off a bad guy, because they had a gun on them? Rarely. Most attacks will occur outside of the house, which means to "protect" yourself, you'd have to own a handgun (since you probably wouldn't carry around a machine gun), and have a concealed weapon licence. Because if you were waving that thing around, someone else would probably say "oh snaps, I gotta protect myself!" and then just shoot you. And more than likely, if you were carrying a gun, then chances are your assailant would be carrying a gun as well.

What I'm saying is that guns should be allowed, but just shotguns and rifles. You do NOT need a semi-automatic gun to protect yourself. This isn't the Wild West, and you're probably not going to get into some sort of a shoot-out with someone. A rifle, or shotgun would work just fine.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast