+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Privately Owning Guns

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Privately Owning Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
    I said that they should allow rifles, and shotguns, but ban the rest. Shotguns and rifles are all you need, and should use, to hunt. Anything else is overkill.

As for protecting yourself....how many times do you hear about someone chasing off a bad guy, because they had a gun on them? Rarely. Most attacks will occur outside of the house, which means to "protect" yourself, you'd have to own a handgun (since you probably wouldn't carry around a machine gun), and have a concealed weapon licence. Because if you were waving that thing around, someone else would probably say "oh snaps, I gotta protect myself!" and then just shoot you. And more than likely, if you were carrying a gun, then chances are your assailant would be carrying a gun as well.

What I'm saying is that guns should be allowed, but just shotguns and rifles. You do NOT need a semi-automatic gun to protect yourself. This isn't the Wild West, and you're probably not going to get into some sort of a shoot-out with someone. A rifle, or shotgun would work just fine.
    thats because people usually dont have guns on them. and yes, invaders do often get shot. pistols are ****in great, and yes, there are lots of shoot-outs, incase u havent noticed. all guns should be allowed.

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

From http://www.womensagenda.org/Issues/g...DeathandInjury

"A 1998 study in the New England Journal of Medicine found that guns kept in the home for self-protection are 22 times more likely to kill someone known to the owner than to kill in self-defense."

"The Center to Prevent Handgun Violence reports that a gun is used for protection in fewer than two percent of home invasion crimes when someone is at home. "

"FBI statistics from 1996 recorded only 176 justifiable handgun homicides (i.e., committed in self-defense or by police) compared with a total of 9,390 handgun murders in the United States."

I know that there are a lot of police shoot outs (why? cuz the criminals have semi-automatic guns). However, I'm referring to public use. Wuld you care to give any examples where a civilian has gotten into a shoot-out with a criminal? We're not talking one or two shots here, I mean a shoot out as in using up 20 magazines. Because if someone who owned a machine gun DID get in a shoot out, he'd probably use up a lot of clips. All you need is one bullet to stop an intruder. If it takes you 5 clips to finally do damage, you probably shouldn't own a gun in the first place. As I said before, a rifle, or shotgun would do just fine. Anything else is overkill.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

as it been said befor ppl kill ppl not guns.... if everyone in the world would be resposible and not a friking maniac it wouldnt matter if guns are allowed....
    but since the world has some maniacs in it..... I dont think guns should be allowed.... specialy shotguns, I have been in a couple of fiering ranges... and a shotgun can do some major damage.... rifles should be banned too.... if they are going to allow any sort of weapons it should be only pistols.... but the semi automatic ony... cuz a full auto like a glock with a 32 clip can be used as a SMG(for those that dont know what SMG is, its sub machinegun).... so for me they should ban guns, that only trained, authorices and responsible personel should be allowed to used them.... and if they are to allow them, only semi automatic....
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

But when it comes to firearms, pistols are the main weapons used in murders and robberies as they are easily concealable. Plus, since pistols are semi-automatic, all you have to do is pull the trigger to fire a corresponding bullet, so you have an increased rate of fire. Plus, pistols hold a decent amount of ammunition and are fairly easy to reload.

Even though shotguns do a lot of damage close range, they are legally ownly allowed to hold three shells. They aren't as concealable as a pistol, so if you were walking down the street with one, the cops would be able to spot you immediately, whereas you can't tell who has a pistol or not.

A rifle, same as a shotgun, is hard to conceal. In Canada, semi-automatic rifles are restricted, which means single shot only. You can't really shoot from the hip with a rifle if you actually intend to kill something, whereas with a pistol all you have to do is simply point and click. Much easier than a rifle.

It would make more sense to simply ban semi-automatic AND automatic weapons, and have single shot only.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Australia has a ban on guns aswell..I'm not sure how it works though or who is aloud to have them, I think farmers are aloud, but not the average day person, I don't know about liscenses and such.

I think when it comess to protection, it's kinda like a cycle. People see on the news or hear from word of mouth, that some one got attacked or their home got invaded, after ppl hear that they think, oh! if I had a gun I'd be safe and that wouldn't happen to me! And then everyone thinks that by owning a gun, they are safe, which in some ways is true and others is not.

I'm glad Australia has a gun ban. Sure we still hear about people getting shot every now and then,usually gang or drug related, but we haven't seen anything like the Port Aruther (sp) masscare ( which was one of the reasons for the ban) since the ban.

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

Only for the sake of life threatning situations should guns be used.if any law abiding citizins should abuse their privileges,they should not even touch a gun.

Otaku Schwarze may be famous one day Schwarze may be famous one day Schwarze's Avatar
    Thanks

Ya I kinda agree. In my country, owning weapons is quite strict. Its not just for handguns, but all other type of weapons as well. People is forbidden to own them unless they have the license which is hard to get.
    Yea I think the law has the point considered weapons are not just for show.

Lives link to one another, and the world continues...

Mercenary SousukeSagara may be famous one day SousukeSagara may be famous one day SousukeSagara's Avatar
    Thanks

Using guns is not the point...
    If your displined and properly trained for using these things for good and clearly not for bad things...
    There is no problem at all...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast