+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Privately Owning Guns

Otaku Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion tammyemily303308 may be famous one day tammyemily303308 may be famous one day tammyemily303308's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Privately Owning Guns

Well it depends on what u are using tham for I mean yea police and other authorized are aloud to use it but other people should be using it for good and if they are not then that's bad.

Temari: Naruto's own Wind Charmer.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

i say it's a good thing!! many people may try to assult and having a gun in your home is not a bad thing. just as long as the privlige isn't abused

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SousukeSagara View Post
    Using guns is not the point...
    If your displined and properly trained for using these things for good and clearly not for bad things...
    There is no problem at all...
    agreed. if someone wants to kill you, theyll find a way

Newbie Zuggalo may be famous one day Zuggalo may be famous one day Zuggalo's Avatar
    Thanks

I completely agree with Chubz on this one. There is no reason for civilians need militery grade weapons. It would have no point. You wouldn't be able to do anything with it. Also if you need to use a machine gun to hunt you have some serious problems. It would be the same thing as fishing with dynamite.

Otaku manga fanatic may be famous one day manga fanatic may be famous one day manga fanatic's Avatar
    Thanks

i personaly own a couple of guns but its not like i'm gonna go on a shooting rampage, and what makes you trust the police so much, and most cearal killers don't use guns, guns are just the easiest way

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Just because someone owns a gun doesn't mean they are going to go on a rampage....honestly, I had thought about buying a rifle awhile back to take to a shooting range.

But guns are so mass produced in America that every criminal who wants one can get one on the street. Serial Killers don't always use guns, but there aren't that many serial killers out there. You have a greater chance of being killed by loved one, over a serial killer. It'll generally be a common joe who ends up killing someone else, not a serial killer.

"Of all firearm-related crime, 86 percent involved handguns"

"On the average, if someone gets shot and killed, four out of five times it will be with a handgun. In 1997, for example, handguns were used in 79.4 percent of all firearm homicides."

"In 1997 there were 15,690 homicides.

Of these, 8,503 were committed with handguns.

Among handgun homicides, only 193 (2.3 percent) were classified as justifiable homicides by civilians"

"For every time in 1997 that a civilian used a handgun to kill in self-defense, 43 people lost their lives in handgun homicides alone"

There is no need to own a machine gun, because you can't funtionally use it for anything. They should have the government hold those guns in Federally run shooting ranges so if the public wanted to fire off a couple rounds they could. You'd be allowed access to the guns, just not ownership. And like I said before, just have rifles and shotguns available to the public, because those are functional and can be used for hunting.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
    But when it comes to firearms, pistols are the main weapons used in murders and robberies as they are easily concealable. Plus, since pistols are semi-automatic, all you have to do is pull the trigger to fire a corresponding bullet, so you have an increased rate of fire. Plus, pistols hold a decent amount of ammunition and are fairly easy to reload.

Even though shotguns do a lot of damage close range, they are legally ownly allowed to hold three shells. They aren't as concealable as a pistol, so if you were walking down the street with one, the cops would be able to spot you immediately, whereas you can't tell who has a pistol or not.

A rifle, same as a shotgun, is hard to conceal. In Canada, semi-automatic rifles are restricted, which means single shot only. You can't really shoot from the hip with a rifle if you actually intend to kill something, whereas with a pistol all you have to do is simply point and click. Much easier than a rifle.

It would make more sense to simply ban semi-automatic AND automatic weapons, and have single shot only.
    all that Im saying is that in an urban setting you have more possibilities to survive a pistol shot(dependeing the caliber) than the one of a shotgun or a rifle.... do you agree?
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Otaku White_Mage88 may be famous one day White_Mage88 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I think privately owning guns is a good thing. People need guns to be able to protect themselves as long as the person knows how to use it, and they aren't using it for the wrong reasons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast