+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Privately Owning Guns

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Privately Owning Guns

Quote Originally Posted by White_Mage88 View Post
    I think privately owning guns is a good thing. People need guns to be able to protect themselves as long as the person knows how to use it, and they aren't using it for the wrong reasons.
    Trouble is most dont know how to use them, and end up getting the gun turned on them.

Otaku Drkduality may be famous one day Drkduality may be famous one day Drkduality's Avatar
    Thanks

If they made guns illegal i might lower crime rate or it just might make selling them on the black market increase. Think about it drug are illegal but that doesn't stop people from buying and obtaining them. Plus it might just mean people would just be more vulnerable or an increase of other types of weapons like knives. I doubt guns would be made illegal though because it's a constitutional right "to bear arms".

My first self-made sig.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Actually, there is considerable dispute if the US Constitution does grant the individual the right 'to bear arms', as the only context this is used is in the state's right to form their own militial force (which is now called the state's National Guard). The famed midnight ride of Paul Revere (one if by land, two if by sea...) was not to warn about a British house to house search for arms, it was to warn against the British army's attempt to seize the local militial armory. And at the time, it was common practice not to allow personal weapons for use in militia activity. (to prevent the theft of militia ammo for personal use, no doubt)...

It's interesting to see that most of the people who want the right to own personal firearms, want to own firearms with no accountability... (Ask them what their position is on gun registration...) Everything that is being said against gun registration now was said a hundred years ago with the start of automobile registration. It's true that cars have been seized by the goverment, even when purchased in good faith, when the registration shows the car is stolen property. And it's true that people have been traced to crime scenes and tracked down with all points bulletins on the license numbers, but is this really such a bad thing???

The reason why we have 50 different car registration and licensing programs instead of a single federal one, is that it would be unconstituional on the 'freedom of movement' clause, which is stated clearly in the document The US Constituion does not forbid gun control on the state or local level of law enforcement, just as it does not ban state car registration as well. So legally, there is no question at all if guns can be banned...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaam0927 View Post
    all that Im saying is that in an urban setting you have more possibilities to survive a pistol shot(dependeing the caliber) than the one of a shotgun or a rifle.... do you agree?
    You've got a point there, a shotgun blast would definately be harder to survive than a pistol (both options suck though, hehe), but when it comes to loss of life, it shouldn't be whether one person lives or dies, but how many could potentially die. A shotgun is legally ownly allowed to hold three shells, so if all shots hit, that means three people die. It takes time to load the shotgun, so it's not that fast of a gun. A pistol on the other hand holds anywhere from 6 to 20 bullets (though I believe they are only allowed to hold 10 at a time legally). Even at that, loading is far easier since the bullets can be stored in clips. So, even if the shooter fires at 50% accuracy, that's 5 people dead/wounded, and he could easily have another clip on the way. Plus, you can get hollow point bullets for pistols, which do SERIOUS damage. Not as much as a point blank shotgun blast, but you'd have a tough time surviving a hollow point from a pistol. Those are legal in the U.S. for purchase and use.

They are trying to pass legislation right now to ban guns in San Francisco, though after reading Len's post, not sure how that would work if it's not covered by state or federal....

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^ well, in the words of my History teacher from so long ago "If guns are outlawed, then only bad people can have them." and i think there's somet ruth in that statement.

I'm all for people owning guns as long as they're not stupid about it (i.e. not letting the kids get to it, having it unloaded etc) however, i do think the ammo should be close by in a hidden, but accesible, place.

^_^ my dream is to have a shotgun by the door. in a wood case, where only i and my Darling know how to open it safetly and quickly. ^_^ it would just be nice if someone tries to start trouble then the next thing they know they're staring though a gun barrel straight to a very angry woman.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    ^_^ well, in the words of my History teacher from so long ago "If guns are outlawed, then only bad people can have them." and i think there's somet ruth in that statement.
    Of course, this is a logically flawed statement... As an example, Let's outlaw stupidity, that way if stupidity was outlawed, Only outlaws...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

It entirely depends on what the situation is. I believe that countries such as the US should allow hunting rifles and shotguns because it is a sport and some people do actually do it for a living. More powerful weapons as well as smaller handguns should be restricted to law enforcement and the military. But that is how it should be in the US...

In Switzerland, military service for men is manditory and it is actually law that all militia personel keep their military issued weapon (usually the Sig 550 assault rifle) in their home when they are not in training or at a range. Not to mention gun laws are extremely liberal and nearly anyone can get a license to possess a rifle given they have received training in it's use. They are so liberal about guns in Switzerland that it is not uncommon for people to go shopping for clothing or groceries on the way back home from training at a shooting range and walking down the aisles with a rifle strapped to their backs. And actually, if you're over the age of 18 you can purchase some types of guns with no permit at all (such as single shot weapons or hunting rifles). With all this in mind, in a country of 6 million people, there are over 2 million guns. One would imagine gun crime would be high there, right?

Actually, gun crime in Switzerland is so low that they don't even keep records of it. I think the main difference is that they are much more mature than we are. We have probably not even 1 gun for every 10 people and gun crime is out of control. Guns are all over Switzerland and they have no problem at all. We're too hot headed. Too many people think that guns are going to help them get out of being poor, to help get revenge for a drug deal gone bad, or to get an ex back. And since we don't know how to play nicely with guns, we shouldn't be allowed to.

Newbie jtln may be famous one day jtln may be famous one day jtln's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah only authorized people should be owning a gun.

just image if everyone around the world, even school kids with license guns.

so its best for the authorized people such as cops and the military etc, should have them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast