+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 33 to 40 of 48

Thread: Privately Owning Guns

  1. #33
    Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in front of my computer
    Posts
    1,572
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts

    Re: Privately Owning Guns

    not to be mean or anything, but this is the stupidest question i have ever heard!

    have you ever heard of a black market? THATS where most criminals get their guns, because the bullets can't be as easily traced to them.

    take away guns from normal pplz and all you get is more black market buyers when we go to them for guns.

    thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

  2. #34
    Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Warp
    Posts
    1,166
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: Privately Owning Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by fayt lingod View Post
    not to be mean or anything, but this is the stupidest question i have ever heard!

    have you ever heard of a black market? THATS where most criminals get their guns, because the bullets can't be as easily traced to them.

    take away guns from normal pplz and all you get is more black market buyers when we go to them for guns.
    Yes but you're forgetting two important concepts.

    The first of which is that regardless of the black market, the number of guns will still drop significantly.

    And secondly, because firearms are illegal, if anyone is thought to have a gun they can be arrested because any possession of a weapon is illegal. This way far more people will be taken off the streets and thrown in jail.

  3. #35
    Otaku Gilgamesh may be famous one day Gilgamesh may be famous one day Gilgamesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Privately Owning Guns

    I think people will always be able to get guns whether they're allowed to have them or not.

  4. #36
    Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia
    Posts
    364
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Privately Owning Guns

    But if you were to ban guns, it means that they could no longer be legally produced. If they are not in production, that means that there a fewer guns accessable to criminals. Sure, they could be shipped in overseas, but the price would be incredibly high. Plus, it would mean there would be no ammunition for sale, so that too would have to be shipped in. By the time you managed to buy an illegal gun, you'd probably be in debt, and the bank would be takin away your house.

    The reason guns seem so accessable is because they ARE accessable. They are mass produced by American companies and readily available to anyone with money. If you ban guns, you stop companies from making them. They would still be out there, but not in the grand scale they are now.

    Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

  5. #37
    Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in front of my computer
    Posts
    1,572
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts

    Re: Privately Owning Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta View Post
    Yes but you're forgetting two important concepts.

    The first of which is that regardless of the black market, the number of guns will still drop significantly.

    And secondly, because firearms are illegal, if anyone is thought to have a gun they can be arrested because any possession of a weapon is illegal. This way far more people will be taken off the streets and thrown in jail.
    fine, you win this one. have your glory "I SHAL RETURN!"

    thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

  6. #38
    Otaku Gilgamesh may be famous one day Gilgamesh may be famous one day Gilgamesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Privately Owning Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta View Post
    Yes but you're forgetting two important concepts.

    The first of which is that regardless of the black market, the number of guns will still drop significantly.

    And secondly, because firearms are illegal, if anyone is thought to have a gun they can be arrested because any possession of a weapon is illegal. This way far more people will be taken off the streets and thrown in jail.
    Yes but you forget that drugs don't have any major companies making them and they still seem to exist. People aren't supposed to have them and are supposed to be locked up. It doesn't happen all the time and they still get away with it. How would this not happen with guns? There are so many that it would be impossible to stop trade and if they went illegal, then you better bet that people will be stockpiling what they have. People will alwasy find a way to get what they want, it's human nature.

  7. #39
    Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Warp
    Posts
    1,166
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: Privately Owning Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    Yes but you forget that drugs don't have any major companies making them and they still seem to exist. People aren't supposed to have them and are supposed to be locked up. It doesn't happen all the time and they still get away with it. How would this not happen with guns? There are so many that it would be impossible to stop trade and if they went illegal, then you better bet that people will be stockpiling what they have. People will alwasy find a way to get what they want, it's human nature.
    There's a lot less cocaine around now that it's illegal.

    I heard Coca-cola even stopped putting it in their products

  8. #40
    Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia
    Posts
    364
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Privately Owning Guns

    The reason illegal drugs still exist is because they can be made at home. Ecstacy is one of the easiest to produce, same with marijuana (just grow a plant), and meth labs are set up in local houses to make the stuff.

    Sure, there's a lot of trafficking of cocaine, heroin, etc, but all the illegal drugs (if you have time and money) can be made at home. Guns on the other hand, are a bit harder to make. You could make a crude gun if you wanted to, but it wouldn't be anywhere as functional as what is out there. Even after making a gun, you'd still need ammunition, and if there was a ban, you'd have problems finding some.


    Drugs exist because they are easy to make and traffick, guns exist because they are easily accessible from companies who pop them out.

    Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Guns!
    By Chiefblackhammer in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: Oct 13, 2005, 05:01 PM
  2. Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots
    By Cybergig1 in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: Sep 30, 2005, 01:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts