+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Privately Owning Guns

Otaku Gilgamesh may be famous one day Gilgamesh may be famous one day Gilgamesh's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Privately Owning Guns

If we take away guns, we should probably prepare for a lot more home made weapon attacks (like home made bombs and the like) I'm not for guns I'm just trying to see this from all views. Home made weapons are made all of the time just like drugs. Look at the terrorist in 3rd world countries.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally, I am against guns with every particle of my being. However, they are an important part of self-defense. Besides, if only officers and authorized people can carry guns, people in the black market can still get to them and then the general public would be in even more danger.

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

America was born with guns. No one's gonna actually attempt to ban guns here.......the NRA would be all up in their asses! I believe that, even though guns kill ppl, there's a person behind that gun pulling the trigger. We shouldn't punish everyone for something one dumbass did. I still think that if we outlawed guns, only cops, soldiers, and outlaws would have 'em. Two of those groups I don't trust with guns.....
    We got the right to bear arms and no one is gonna change that, even if they have the best in mind for ppl.
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    ...Besides, if only officers and authorized people can carry guns, people in the black market can still get to them and then the general public would be in even more danger.
    Er.....guns are on the black market now, so how would the public be in even more danger? If only authorized people carried guns, it means there would be a highly developed tracking system to make sure that only those with authorized guns have them. If a gun were to go missing, they'd probably have a good idea where it went to. On top of that, as I've said previously, ammunition would be scarce because it would be provided to authorized people only. Sure, you could make it at your house, but then you'd still have problems with finding a gun to use it with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh
    If we take away guns, we should probably prepare for a lot more home made weapon attacks (like home made bombs and the like) I'm not for guns I'm just trying to see this from all views. Home made weapons are made all of the time just like drugs. Look at the terrorist in 3rd world countries
    Yeah, they could easily make homemade weapons, but they would be nowhere near the efficiency as a handgun or sub-machine gun. Sure, a guy could walk into a bank and say "give me your money or else I blow this place up," but chances are he's not gonna do that. If he's robbing a bank, he's got plans for the money, so the last thing he's gonna do is blow himself up. That's just counterproductive.

The terrorists in third world countries are armed to the teeth with guns and ammunition, they don't rely on homemade bombs. Everytime you see a terrorist video, you'll notice that every single one of them is holding an AK-47 or a huge machine gun. Yes, there are suicide attacks with homemade bombs, but those are done for political purposes, not for random crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusDemon23
    America was born with guns. No one's gonna actually attempt to ban guns here.......the NRA would be all up in their asses! I believe that, even though guns kill ppl, there's a person behind that gun pulling the trigger. We shouldn't punish everyone for something one dumbass did. I still think that if we outlawed guns, only cops, soldiers, and outlaws would have 'em. Two of those groups I don't trust with guns.....
    We got the right to bear arms and no one is gonna change that, even if they have the best in mind for ppl.
    You're right. America was born with guns. However the "right to bear arms" applies only to militia and the time in which the constitution was written (going to war with England). This was pointed out earlier in the forum. People have just taken the part of the text that they like, and don't say the rest. It's like if you took something that said "You are allowed to kill people only in self defense," and slimmed it down to say "You are allowed to kill people." Two completely different ideas. I'll try and find the full quote of the "right to bear arms."

Guns will never be abolished in the US, or at least not anytime soon. This is all just hypothetical stuff.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Newbie vampireknight3041 may be famous one day vampireknight3041 may be famous one day vampireknight3041's Avatar
    Thanks

i think its ok to carry a gun with you for protection. other than that, your a threat to america ((or wherever u live..))

Newbie doesntmatter23 may be famous one day doesntmatter23 may be famous one day doesntmatter23's Avatar
    Thanks

I own a private gun, just in case things get sticky.

Newbie Gunny_32 may be famous one day Gunny_32 may be famous one day Gunny_32's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok Why shouldn't we be aloud to own a firearm as the constitution says were aloud to be armed, If they didn't want us to they would of took it out by now

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's the quote from the constitutional:

"A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

Now, during the American revolution, there was no real standing army like the U.S has today. Instead, their military was made up of 'militias' which were groups of armed men used to protect the country, you didn't even have to have military training. "Being necessary to the security of a free state" is about the event of Britain attacking, and that the American public has the right to take up arms to defend their country. When you put the entire quote together, in the context is was written (which it was SPECIFICALLY written for) it means that the American people have the right to arm themselves solely for the defence of the country. The reason they said "to keep and bear arms," was because the militias could be few and far between. In the event of a hostile takeover, they would send out messages for militias to come together in one single area, so that a defensive attack could be planned. They wouldn't have enough weapons to supply to all the militiamen, so the constitution gave them the right to keep those weapons incase of an attack. It does not say "joe blow is allowed to carry a gun just for the hell of it." It mandates for MILITIA.

But since the country now has a police force and a standing military, militias aren't looked upon by the Government, and actually seen as problematic, because it is now considered vigilante justice to be in a militia. Therefore, the right to bear arms is out of context in the 21st century because there are no militias.

After the American Civil war, almost everyone and their dog had a gone. You had the North fighting the South, so it was Americans vs Americans. Once the war was done, everyone just kept their guns, so there was pretty much no chance of disarming the entire country. The majority of guns in the U.S. are located in the South, which, surprise surprise, lost the civil war. Since they didn't trust the new Government, they kept their guns as well, probably in hopes of having another civil war, which never came.

Since no one was going to disarm the country, things have just kept the same, except "the right to bear arms," has become polluted by misconception, but since there are American jobs making the guns, and the American people like their guns, it would be almost impossible to stop now.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6