+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pro Life and Stupid Birth Control Restrictions

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Pro Life and Stupid Birth Control Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    With women it is far more difficult to get parents to help with birth control. You mentioned the age of consent, but people are having sex before even if they shouldn't. Besides In many states age of consent laws don't apply if both parties are underage. And besides what makes someone sexually active isn't dictated by law but rather hormones,

Personally, I didn't have sex with anyone until I had an education and stable job. Not everyone agrees with that either and I understand their arguments against it. No one will ever agree when the right time for sexual activation is.

The only thing that is universal is that people are uncomfortable with teen pregnancy and birth control.

It is not just with teen girls either. I remember I once started the process for a vasectomy once because the federal government says they cover and they do. But they make it such a difficult process and turn down people who don't have children. I always felt like saying "hey idiots you get the procedure so you don't have children."
    Actually, nearly every girl that I know is on birth control, and only about half of them are actually having sex. The others are using the birth control to either balance out their hormones or to get lighter periods. So, even if parents don't approve of their children having sex, there are many parents that will still let their daughters take birth control (and then, of course, many of them turn around and start having sex). My point is that getting birth control for girls isn't all that difficult with some effort.

Condoms are also readily available for many people because of health clinics and other places that give out free ones (not to mention the convenience of stores like Walgreens). I wouldn't know if you have to be a certain age to buy one, but, if not, they wouldn't be impossible to find.

As for having unprotected sex, I think that if anyone is stupid enough to have sex without any sort of protection or birth control, then they should (and will) get a suitable present nine months later. It simply can not be the condom's fault for not hopping onto the guy, or the birth control's fault for not being readily available enough. It's not like people under the age of consent have to screw.

Bottom line, I'm trying to say a law can't be blamed for any sort of rise in pregnancy rates in teens, and that only people who truly did not want to have sex should be able to abort.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrightShadow_96 View Post

As for having unprotected sex, I think that if anyone is stupid enough to have sex without any sort of protection or birth control, then they should (and will) get a suitable present nine months later. It simply can not be the condom's fault for not hopping onto the guy, or the birth control's fault for not being readily available enough. It's not like people under the age of consent have to screw.

Bottom line, I'm trying to say a law can't be blamed for any sort of rise in pregnancy rates in teens, and that only people who truly did not want to have sex should be able to abort.
    I agree with almost all of what you said. The "should" part may be true but a baby is one hell of a lesson. Your right about people not "having to screw" but they seem to be doing that anyway.

Newbie Tamahome is off to a good start Tamahome's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post

I think sex should only be done by responsible adults willing to take responsibility for any mistakes (babies) they make along the way. Birth control shouldn't be regulated although i do see why they do it.
    Sadly, that will never happen. As long as the earth spins on it's axis, kids are gonna keep having kids. It all comes down to parenting though and there aren't a lot of parents willing to step up and admit they've screwed up somewhere. Some teens even want kids but don't know how much they will have to give up for them. Some teens are just plain reckless and don't like to use protection and by the time they learn, it's already too late.

To sum it up, I don't really like the idea of abortion but if they can't support the baby, you gotta do what you gotta do OR simply be careful and/or just don't have sex :/

I will say that I was kind of sexually active in the 8th and 9th grade but I wasn't stupid about it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tamahome View Post
    Sadly, that will never happen. As long as the earth spins on it's axis, kids are gonna keep having kids. Some teens are just plain reckless and don't like to use protection and by the time they learn, it's already too late.

To sum it up, I don't really like the idea of abortion but if they can't support the baby, you gotta do what you gotta do OR simply be careful and/or just don't have sex :/

I will say that I was kind of sexually active in the 8th and 9th grade but I wasn't stupid about it.
    It is kind of a contradiction. But I agree the problem will keep happening. I think if people don't use protection and control the first time they will not learn to.

Newbie AriesFireAngel is off to a good start AriesFireAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

i am pro choice, even after having a child of my own. and not just in circumstances of rape or being under age. i firmly believe a womans body is her own business and if you get pregnant regardless of what the circumstances are and you are not financially prepared or even mentally prepared for the prospect of being a mother. then you have to make a choice. yes there is always adoption but the adoption system is over run and not to mention how emotionally hard it is on a mother to willingly give up their child. even if you didn't intend to become pregnant it is still heart breaking to carry a child for 9 months then give them up in the hopes that they will find a better life then you can give.

and yes a believe birth control should be more accessible to teens. i still don't understand why so many forms of birth control have restrictions not just on age but on who you are socially. like if you were 18 and you knew in your mind that you did not want children at all until you were out of college and had a good career but you are a forgetful person and keeping up with pills isn't exactly your strong suit. even though they have IUD's which can prevent pregnancy for up to as long as 10 years as soon as its put in, you would not be allowed to get one. you have to be married and have at least had one child already. and their is no medical reason for these stipulations. so why on top of age restriction do they place life style restrictions too? O_o

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AriesFireAngel View Post
    and yes a believe birth control should be more accessible to teens. i still don't understand why so many forms of birth control have restrictions not just on age but on who you are socially. like if you were 18 and you knew in your mind that you did not want children at all until you were out of college and had a good career but you are a forgetful person and keeping up with pills isn't exactly your strong suit. even though they have IUD's which can prevent pregnancy for up to as long as 10 years as soon as its put in, you would not be allowed to get one. you have to be married and have at least had one child already. and their is no medical reason for these stipulations. so why on top of age restriction do they place life style restrictions too? O_o
    I have no idea why the lifestyle restrictions. Maybe because that is the image Americans are supposed to conform to. There is also a general negative attitude towards sex and birth control signifies sex with no possibility of pro creation. Probably the same reason why there is a bias against homosexuals. But please tell me what an IUD is.

Newbie AriesFireAngel is off to a good start AriesFireAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    I have no idea why the lifestyle restrictions. Maybe because that is the image Americans are supposed to conform to. There is also a general negative attitude towards sex and birth control signifies sex with no possibility of pro creation. Probably the same reason why there is a bias against homosexuals. But please tell me what an IUD is.
    sex without pro creation is one of our most blessed concepts humanity has ever come up with. i wonder if people realize how incredably over popluated the world would become if there was no way to stop conception. cause there is no way in hell people would just stop having sex entirely to avoid pregnancy.

IUD stands for Intrauterine device it is a small T shaped device that is inserted to the uterus. there are two kinds hormonal one which is plastic and will prevent pregnancy for 5 years and a copper one that will prevent pregnancy for 10 years. there is no need to ever remove it until the 5 to 10 years are up. no pills no nothing. its an all around 24/7/365 birth control

Thanks

Sounds like a good idea, but if it is difficult for a woman to get as it is for a man to get a vasectomy it will do little good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast