+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 17

Thread: Pro Life and Stupid Birth Control Restrictions

  1. #9
    丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The piano. ♫ | ♩
    Posts
    684
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Re: Pro Life and Stupid Birth Control Restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    With women it is far more difficult to get parents to help with birth control. You mentioned the age of consent, but people are having sex before even if they shouldn't. Besides In many states age of consent laws don't apply if both parties are underage. And besides what makes someone sexually active isn't dictated by law but rather hormones,

    Personally, I didn't have sex with anyone until I had an education and stable job. Not everyone agrees with that either and I understand their arguments against it. No one will ever agree when the right time for sexual activation is.

    The only thing that is universal is that people are uncomfortable with teen pregnancy and birth control.

    It is not just with teen girls either. I remember I once started the process for a vasectomy once because the federal government says they cover and they do. But they make it such a difficult process and turn down people who don't have children. I always felt like saying "hey idiots you get the procedure so you don't have children."
    Actually, nearly every girl that I know is on birth control, and only about half of them are actually having sex. The others are using the birth control to either balance out their hormones or to get lighter periods. So, even if parents don't approve of their children having sex, there are many parents that will still let their daughters take birth control (and then, of course, many of them turn around and start having sex). My point is that getting birth control for girls isn't all that difficult with some effort.

    Condoms are also readily available for many people because of health clinics and other places that give out free ones (not to mention the convenience of stores like Walgreens). I wouldn't know if you have to be a certain age to buy one, but, if not, they wouldn't be impossible to find.

    As for having unprotected sex, I think that if anyone is stupid enough to have sex without any sort of protection or birth control, then they should (and will) get a suitable present nine months later. It simply can not be the condom's fault for not hopping onto the guy, or the birth control's fault for not being readily available enough. It's not like people under the age of consent have to screw.

    Bottom line, I'm trying to say a law can't be blamed for any sort of rise in pregnancy rates in teens, and that only people who truly did not want to have sex should be able to abort.

  2. #10
    Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan United States
    Posts
    1,499
    Thanks
    411
    Thanked 132 Times in 126 Posts

    Re: Pro Life and Stupid Birth Control Restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by BrightShadow_96 View Post

    As for having unprotected sex, I think that if anyone is stupid enough to have sex without any sort of protection or birth control, then they should (and will) get a suitable present nine months later. It simply can not be the condom's fault for not hopping onto the guy, or the birth control's fault for not being readily available enough. It's not like people under the age of consent have to screw.

    Bottom line, I'm trying to say a law can't be blamed for any sort of rise in pregnancy rates in teens, and that only people who truly did not want to have sex should be able to abort.
    I agree with almost all of what you said. The "should" part may be true but a baby is one hell of a lesson. Your right about people not "having to screw" but they seem to be doing that anyway.

  3. #11
    Newbie Tamahome is off to a good start Tamahome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    91
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: Pro Life and Stupid Birth Control Restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post

    I think sex should only be done by responsible adults willing to take responsibility for any mistakes (babies) they make along the way. Birth control shouldn't be regulated although i do see why they do it.
    Sadly, that will never happen. As long as the earth spins on it's axis, kids are gonna keep having kids. It all comes down to parenting though and there aren't a lot of parents willing to step up and admit they've screwed up somewhere. Some teens even want kids but don't know how much they will have to give up for them. Some teens are just plain reckless and don't like to use protection and by the time they learn, it's already too late.

    To sum it up, I don't really like the idea of abortion but if they can't support the baby, you gotta do what you gotta do OR simply be careful and/or just don't have sex :/

    I will say that I was kind of sexually active in the 8th and 9th grade but I wasn't stupid about it.

  4. #12
    Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan United States
    Posts
    1,499
    Thanks
    411
    Thanked 132 Times in 126 Posts

    Re: Pro Life and Stupid Birth Control Restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamahome View Post
    Sadly, that will never happen. As long as the earth spins on it's axis, kids are gonna keep having kids. Some teens are just plain reckless and don't like to use protection and by the time they learn, it's already too late.

    To sum it up, I don't really like the idea of abortion but if they can't support the baby, you gotta do what you gotta do OR simply be careful and/or just don't have sex :/

    I will say that I was kind of sexually active in the 8th and 9th grade but I wasn't stupid about it.
    It is kind of a contradiction. But I agree the problem will keep happening. I think if people don't use protection and control the first time they will not learn to.

  5. #13
    Newbie AriesFireAngel is off to a good start AriesFireAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Re: Pro Life and Stupid Birth Control Restrictions

    i am pro choice, even after having a child of my own. and not just in circumstances of rape or being under age. i firmly believe a womans body is her own business and if you get pregnant regardless of what the circumstances are and you are not financially prepared or even mentally prepared for the prospect of being a mother. then you have to make a choice. yes there is always adoption but the adoption system is over run and not to mention how emotionally hard it is on a mother to willingly give up their child. even if you didn't intend to become pregnant it is still heart breaking to carry a child for 9 months then give them up in the hopes that they will find a better life then you can give.

    and yes a believe birth control should be more accessible to teens. i still don't understand why so many forms of birth control have restrictions not just on age but on who you are socially. like if you were 18 and you knew in your mind that you did not want children at all until you were out of college and had a good career but you are a forgetful person and keeping up with pills isn't exactly your strong suit. even though they have IUD's which can prevent pregnancy for up to as long as 10 years as soon as its put in, you would not be allowed to get one. you have to be married and have at least had one child already. and their is no medical reason for these stipulations. so why on top of age restriction do they place life style restrictions too? O_o

  6. #14
    Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan United States
    Posts
    1,499
    Thanks
    411
    Thanked 132 Times in 126 Posts

    Re: Pro Life and Stupid Birth Control Restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by AriesFireAngel View Post
    and yes a believe birth control should be more accessible to teens. i still don't understand why so many forms of birth control have restrictions not just on age but on who you are socially. like if you were 18 and you knew in your mind that you did not want children at all until you were out of college and had a good career but you are a forgetful person and keeping up with pills isn't exactly your strong suit. even though they have IUD's which can prevent pregnancy for up to as long as 10 years as soon as its put in, you would not be allowed to get one. you have to be married and have at least had one child already. and their is no medical reason for these stipulations. so why on top of age restriction do they place life style restrictions too? O_o
    I have no idea why the lifestyle restrictions. Maybe because that is the image Americans are supposed to conform to. There is also a general negative attitude towards sex and birth control signifies sex with no possibility of pro creation. Probably the same reason why there is a bias against homosexuals. But please tell me what an IUD is.

  7. #15
    Newbie AriesFireAngel is off to a good start AriesFireAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Re: Pro Life and Stupid Birth Control Restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    I have no idea why the lifestyle restrictions. Maybe because that is the image Americans are supposed to conform to. There is also a general negative attitude towards sex and birth control signifies sex with no possibility of pro creation. Probably the same reason why there is a bias against homosexuals. But please tell me what an IUD is.
    sex without pro creation is one of our most blessed concepts humanity has ever come up with. i wonder if people realize how incredably over popluated the world would become if there was no way to stop conception. cause there is no way in hell people would just stop having sex entirely to avoid pregnancy.

    IUD stands for Intrauterine device it is a small T shaped device that is inserted to the uterus. there are two kinds hormonal one which is plastic and will prevent pregnancy for 5 years and a copper one that will prevent pregnancy for 10 years. there is no need to ever remove it until the 5 to 10 years are up. no pills no nothing. its an all around 24/7/365 birth control

  8. #16
    Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan United States
    Posts
    1,499
    Thanks
    411
    Thanked 132 Times in 126 Posts

    Re: Pro Life and Stupid Birth Control Restrictions

    Sounds like a good idea, but if it is difficult for a woman to get as it is for a man to get a vasectomy it will do little good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The one that gave you birth.
    By bratling in forum Poems
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Aug 15, 2007, 07:55 PM
  2. Ask a stupid question and get a stupid answer
    By Ky-lyrra in forum Archived Souls
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Jul 03, 2007, 06:27 PM
  3. Sig restrictions
    By Chiefblackhammer in forum Feedback and Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 19, 2006, 08:27 PM
  4. GGGRRRRR!!!!!......stupid stupid cartoonnetwork >.<
    By Blou in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jan 14, 2006, 01:41 AM
  5. Birth
    By The_Pretear in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Nov 19, 2004, 02:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts