1 4.35%
  • Well, grown ups can not kids

9 39.13%
  • I'm not sure.....

13 56.52%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Problem With Age Diffrences

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Problem With Age Diffrences

Okay, I've been wondering this for a while now. Why is it that a, for example, a 15 year old can't go out with a 13 year old, but a 33 year old can go out with a 42 year old eh? I mean, my mama was 36 and my dad was 44!! So why is that?

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Problem With Age Diffrences

Difference between a 15 year old going out with a 13 year old and a 33 year old going out with a 42 year old is two simple things: 1) The latter example being that they are both consenting adults, 2) having said that they are adults, the second thing is emotional and mental maturity.

The two kids (15 and 13 year olds are kids) are not Adults, nor do they have the life experiences that an adult would have to give them the amount of maturity to handle any kind of close personal relationship.

Age does not matter when it comes to the affairs of the heart, but only when you have the maturity to handle that kind of situation.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Because 13 and 15 year olds aren't considered adults. Actually, it depends on the laws of the state you're in; in fact, I don't think any state wouldn't allow minors with a two year or less age difference to date. The problem would come in with, say, a 13 or 15 year old dating someone 18 years or older.
    Last edited by gren; Jul 15, 2007 at 06:21 PM.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

But in some countries a sensei can marry a student (which is messed up) so yeah that's why should kids just wait then?

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

yes i agree it mostly depends on what your state says although i dont see why it matters?♥~*The Princess*~♥
    Yeah, Bye.

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

Its mostly because of the growing differences.

A 13 and a 15 yr old look different because they are at different stages of puberty.

A 36 and a 44 yr. old have stopped growing, so one does not look THAT much older than the other, though of course there will be some differences.

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

o_o Well exactly, in SOME COUNTRIES, as you said.

The problem is mental maturity... 13 and 15 year olds can be YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS apart in mental maturity. Though sometimes, that ain't true... sometimes, the 15 year old is just as immature as the 13 year old...

... it's rarely the case vice versa.

... it makes sense when:
    14 ♥ 15
    17 ♥ 19
    20 ♥ 28
    30 ♥ 45
    56 ♥ 68
    90 ♥ 120 etc...

But that's because the mental states SHOULD be the same... (well, I'm not so sure about the 20 ♥ 28.... 28-year-olds usually have a different mindset due to their fear of being 30)

13 is still a really young teen, where some of their minds still find strength and greatness of being a true teen.... kinda like when an immature kid turns 18... they find a lot of power from such a feat......... you just really want to shake your head and walk away.

And of course.... parental acceptance. You still live under your parent's house, and must still follow their rules.

If you wanna love em, then keep it quiet... or run away. Both work.

>_> I suggest on the "keep it quiet" is the better solution. *winks at Abu*

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

i see nothing wrong with age difference as long as their love and commintment to each other is genuine. Teenagers are really known for their commitment, but then again, people in their mid life aren't really looking for love most times (thinking, "i don't want to die alone")...

so, i think as long as they both understand what they're promising and are loyal to each other, then i think any age is fine. But, if they are minors (whatever that age may be), they're parents still have a right to say something about it. Whether the kids listen or not, is ultimately up to them...

::blows kiss to Soshi::

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast