5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it should be use to displince the offenders

2 40.00%
  • No, think abt their human rights

3 60.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Public Caning: Right or Wrong

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

Public Caning: Right or Wrong

From where i grew up in Singapore, in schools, they still do public caning for like serious offenses or breaking the school rules. Because every monday there would be like a assembly at the end of the day and then they would call up the offenders to be caning. This would serve as a warning to all who would break the school rules. The Cane itself is keep in oil to prevent it from breaking. The lenght i would say is about from the tip of ur right middle finder to ur left shoulder. (think in a lanky person's body proportions.) I can hear the cane whiping through the air. This serves as a major displince punishment as example to what would happen to u as u broke the rules.

Even in the young offender's prison, they would use the cane same thing but they would whip u till u served the number of strokes e.g 10 or 20 depending on the offence tht u have committed. But the caning in prison is much more savage, u would bleed say after 5 strokes of it and they would stop n give u medical treatment. Give u a week to recover n then they give u another 5 strokes till u bleed and the cycle repeats till u served the number of strokes sentence to u.
    Frankly the law here in the UK is a joke compared to Singapore where it is much more strict.

But yea, give ur views on this, should schools n young offender's prison have caning.

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Public Caning: Right or Wrong

Funny, I was just about to make the exact same thread............

Anyway, my view on it is simple (having experienced it a few times myself) ........

IT WORKS XD

I cant say that its morally right to beat a person up as a form of punishment...... Im just saying that, well, the methods are really effective. As long as they make sure that they cane the right person, and for good and adequate reasons......... then I cant really stop them.

And of course, this form of punishment is really straightforward and suited for prisons...... although in school it would be quite traumatic for some. They should probably lay low on it in school, save it as a last resort if you will.
    Kastelic's creation

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

That is pretty harsh if you ask me ... I think it should not be so strict. I mean in my previous school they had something similar, but it wasn't painful as caning in Singapore is ...

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

Trust me, they wouldnt use it if they didnt think it had an effect on the offender. They would jus expell him from the school n tht's it.

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

It is a good idea and the student will be disciplined.

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip
    It is a good idea and the student will be disciplined.
    Not necessarily. Of course, the discipline itself doesnt just come with the cane. The teachers still need to assume their responsibility in guiding the students and tell them where they went wrong. If they just went around caning everyone, then there wouldnt be any of us left.......
    Kastelic's creation

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bassdudez
    Not necessarily. Of course, the discipline itself doesnt just come with the cane. The teachers still need to assume their responsibility in guiding the students and tell them where they went wrong. If they just went around caning everyone, then there wouldnt be any of us left.......
    But you know in some countries the teachers discipline a lot, but the students get spoiled ... a lot. So caning would be a better option than guiding at times

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip
    But you know in some countries the teachers discipline a lot, but the students get spoiled ... a lot. So caning would be a better option than guiding at times
    Ah, no, I meant that they should "cane" but with a little touch of "guidance" Its useless just caning someone without explaining what they did wrong........ they would just keep repeating the same mistake again and again.......

I agree, caning can sometimes be a better option ultimately......... but, still, the fact that it is corporal punishment......... well, its just morally wrong. These guys probably just dont have the patience that goes with their jobs.......
    Kastelic's creation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast