Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: "Public Display of Affection"

Demon Loving Only Himself Self Loving Carnage may be famous one day Self Loving Carnage may be famous one day Self Loving Carnage's Avatar
    Thanks

"Public Display of Affection"

My personal opinion on this is that it's complete crap. My school (and most other schools that I know of) have established this policy of no PDA. What's so wrong with a hug in the hallway on the way to class or something like that? I can see certain affection displays as not being ok in a public area, such as making out. But hugs? My school gave me a Saturday Suspension School for hugging my girlfriend. That's such bs.
    Not only do they have such a stupid rule. They are selective about who they enforce it on. Some people can do it right in front of them and not get in trouble...but others......get a huge penalty for some small thing.
    Do any of you have this rule in school? What do you think of it, if you do?
    You are not your job. You are not your bank account. You are not the contents of your wallet. You are not your ****ing Khakis. We are the all seeing all dancing crap of the world. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake you are the same rotting organic matter as everything else. We are all part of the same compost heap.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: "Public Display of Affection"

Honestly I think this is crazy to. When I was in school mine did the same and after the first penalty you were suspended for I think my cousin got 3 days. I think that the teacher and staff should over look hugging but if it goes beyond that then it's crazy. It was hard to even hold hands at our school around the teachers because they would screams at you.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

That's kind of weird. At my old High SChool which I graduated from a couple of years ago people cuddled, held hands and kissed each other.

My teacher gave me a big hug in school so I guess touching wasn't against the rules.

Otaku Just Pitching Champion, Mile High Club Champion, Penguin Dive Champion, Gold Strike Champion Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star's Avatar
    Thanks

We are not supposed to, but people do. I personally don't care either way about the rule.

One of my friends recieved SDC for PDA. She kissed her boyfriend and started to walk away. The teacher got onto them both and they got a day of SDC. They had gotten into trouble once before by the same teacher, because they had hugged each other. Yet there were other people literaly making out not to far from them.

They are selective about who they enforce it on.
    The teachers at my school play favorites, so they only get onto the people they don't know or don't like.

Come dance in the rain with me, no one is watching.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Self Loving Carnage View Post
    My personal opinion on this is that it's complete crap. My school (and most other schools that I know of) have established this policy of no PDA. What's so wrong with a hug in the hallway on the way to class or something like that? I can see certain affection displays as not being ok in a public area, such as making out. But hugs? My school gave me a Saturday Suspension School for hugging my girlfriend. That's such bs.
    Not only do they have such a stupid rule. They are selective about who they enforce it on. Some people can do it right in front of them and not get in trouble...but others......get a huge penalty for some small thing.
    Do any of you have this rule in school? What do you think of it, if you do?
    Is this a catholic school? We never had this kind crap when i was in school. Dam, I guess they kick you out if you make out? I guess you just have to be careful when you do PDA's Its like there trying to stop you from being human.

Hey what you guys should do is have a kiss or hugout. The student counsel should organize an event where everyone kiss and hugs at the same time. What are they going to do suspend everyone?

x._Loveless.Murder_.x Aiora may be famous one day Aiora may be famous one day Aiora's Avatar
    Thanks

well thats not true at my school i see it every time i walk down the hallways at school, either a couple hugging, or kissing, and no1 says anything about it..

-".. Chase the morning, yield for nothing."

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

I have came across that problem when i was in middle school and highschool. Its their policy though and since it is kinda manditory to have schooling during that time, its not like its comeplte bs in my eyes. Most policies likethat are brought on for a reason. Parents don't want their kids doing this, you are young, a decision such as further affection and a relationship shouldn't be taken lightly. That kind of thing. It shouldn't really be that big of a surprise.

But I will give you one piece of advice in trying to be a gorilla. Next time you are in that situation, call them out. Personal vendettas or and unequal acts performed by those teachers are considered very serious offences. A lot of times you won't win and its for a reason that you probably arn't aware of.

You seem young though, look forward to knowing that you one day, one day, are your own person and have the right to kiss anyone whenever and wherever, you damn well please. The consequences on the other hand, well they might shock you such as in the detention room.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Parents don't want their kids doing this, you are young, a decision such as further affection and a relationship shouldn't be taken lightly. That kind of thing. It shouldn't really be that big of a surprise.
    Yes, but parents forget thats part of growing up and learning to like the opposite sex. Funny thing is they probably did the same thing they dont want there kids doing.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast