Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: "Public Display of Affection"

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: "Public Display of Affection"

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Yes, but parents forget thats part of growing up and learning to like the opposite sex. Funny thing is they probably did the same thing they dont want there kids doing.
    Learning to like the other sex isn't necesarrily a lesson my friend. You kinda got an instinct for the thing. Learning how to understand the opposite sex, well thats a lesson some can't figure out even to this day.

Considering what you said about your parents, well ever think that they are learning form their mistakes and passing it onto their children. It sounds like bull and may not be true about yours, but its fall into that category. They know exactly how a male likes a female, such and such blah blah. They don't want an accident to happen and accidents happen all the time.

They can see school as what it is, a period in your life about learning and focusing. Trial and error is on your time, not on theirs. Distractions distractions. Theres plenty of time to show affection outside of school, and if you don't have that time or the convenience. Well you should prob focus on something else and wait till you do. Because if you can't do it outside of school, you probably shouldn't even really bother.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Considering what you said about your parents, well ever think that they are learning form their mistakes and passing it onto their children. It sounds like bull and may not be true about yours, but its fall into that category. They know exactly how a male likes a female, such and such blah blah. They don't want an accident to happen and accidents happen all the time.
    Yes but kids have to learn something on there own. Its part of adolescence. We can guide and help them, but we can't live there lives.

They can see school as what it is, a period in your life about learning and focusing.
    You know what they say about "all work and no play".

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Is this a catholic school? We never had this kind crap when i was in school. Dam, I guess they kick you out if you make out? I guess you just have to be careful when you do PDA's Its like there trying to stop you from being human.

Hey what you guys should do is have a kiss or hugout. The student counsel should organize an event where everyone kiss and hugs at the same time. What are they going to do suspend everyone?
    Im with you on this one! nothing like that rule has been enforced at my school! When was this put into place?

Thanks

They arn't living your life. You don't have to follow like an obedient dog. But on their watch you play by their rules. simple as that.

Its not your home or your school in their eyes and it shouldn't be in yours. Seeing that should be enough inspiration to sneak outside and kiss or hug in private or in the open no matter the consequences.

This isn't a flogging here or execution. If you feel you have a right, whats really stopping you? So what if an obstacle is thrown in your path,, you gonna sit on your hands and weep. Hell no, get out there if you feel compelled to do so.

Al work and no play, ive heard of great people who did that. Alexander the Great wasn't a sensualist like his father and what happened with him? Eh, but whatever. The point is do what you want, but know you have plenty of time to meet people and be in a relationship. If you die tomorrow, will you actually be looking over your life and saying "well i lived long and hugged greatly"

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

In regards to the first post. That is the stupidest rule I've ever heard of!?!
    Would that mean, if I hugged one of my friends - in a way of support, I would get busted aswell ( or are they just concerned about the whole girlfriend/boyfriend thing?)

Shouldn't we be promoting happiness, careing and love towards each other (especially in the world we live in today?) By not allowing hugging and other forms of public affection ( which although can be kinda gross and not needed at times XD) what are they trying to promote? that we shouldn't show love and affection to the ones we care about?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    In regards to the first post. That is the stupidest rule I've ever heard of!?!
    Would that mean, if I hugged one of my friends - in a way of support, I would get busted aswell ( or are they just concerned about the whole girlfriend/boyfriend thing?)

Shouldn't we be promoting happiness, careing and love towards each other (especially in the world we live in today?) By not allowing hugging and other forms of public affection ( which although can be kinda gross and not needed at times XD) what are they trying to promote? that we shouldn't show love and affection to the ones we care about?
    I believe its the whole romantic essence in the hug. Pretty sure is just what looks like a too affectionate one. I think that your comment has some merit, but that idea is pretty much out there considering the circumstances. If you were caught and told that to a principal or or the person to give you dentention, they would call you a smartass or something. No offense but it would smell like BS and sound ridiculous to a humerous point.

Hugging your pal is cool, but they are enforcing that policy to keep the real behavior down. Too young they think and why shouldn't they. Teen Pregnancy, sexual harrassment, and rape arnt something to smirk at. They don't want it on their shoulders.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

So they are blaming all that on a simple hug?
    Keeping behaviour down? When I first thought of that, It almost sounds like they want us to show no emotions what so ever.

Those feelings are just apart of life. And if they don't want those issues on their shoulders, then let them take it upon them selves to teach teenages about it. Because hugging or no hugging, they are still going to happen unfortunatly

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    So they are blaming all that on a simple hug?
    Keeping behaviour down? When I first thought of that, It almost sounds like they want us to show no emotions what so ever.

Those feelings are just apart of life. And if they don't want those issues on their shoulders, then let them take it upon them selves to teach teenages about it. Because hugging or no hugging, they are still going to happen unfortunatly
    Come on now, this isn't really that serious. It is an outrage but this isn't some brainwashing or some major event. Its not even new for that matter. There is a place and time for it. School isn't necesarrily public in that matter. Its not considered something like a mall. These things are usually paid for by the people.

School is a place for learning, discipline at an entent, knowing and learning when to be patient and self control.

Usually a hug or a kiss isn't really considered just a pure loving embrace or a farewell when it comes down to kids. Perhaps some are too young to understand it and in a lot of way teenagers at that point don't really understand the value of true love and what not. Love one day and love another the next. Its about sex and a lot don't want it to happen or get close to that. Its not the right time or age.

Pretty simple, no conspiracy of trying to manipulate and or create human robots.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast