Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 67

Thread: "Public Display of Affection"

  1. #17
    ~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In the gallery
    Posts
    1,376
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts

    Re: "Public Display of Affection"

    lol yeah, no human robots, but it's was the first thing that came into my mind lol (Brave New World style - if anyones has ever read that)

    So, if I'm reading your post right, the problem is sex? We can't hug because it will lead to sex for couples? Not the right age or time? Well guess what it's happening, and stopping hugging is not going to change a thing - that is just the society we live in today.

  2. #18
    Newbie Cobra_Commander is just another face in the crowd Cobra_Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    93
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: "Public Display of Affection"

    PDA is awsome. I don't give a crap who stares at us when we're hugging or kissing. We aren't making out or getting naked so people have no reason to be disgusted.

  3. #19
    Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    681
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: "Public Display of Affection"

    Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    lol yeah, no human robots, but it's was the first thing that came into my mind lol (Brave New World style - if anyones has ever read that)

    So, if I'm reading your post right, the problem is sex? We can't hug because it will lead to sex for couples? Not the right age or time? Well guess what it's happening, and stopping hugging is not going to change a thing - that is just the society we live in today.

    True and it has always been that way, not only in todays world but for hunder if not thousands of years. They try to keep it to a level which they think is suitable for young people. Hugging can always go farther as everyone knows and it tends to do just that. They don't want to stop affection, merely try to contain it. Containing it in means that its outside their schools and somewhere else.

    Most don't give a rats tail< (just heard from my teach today) whether you hug or kiss outside their school. They can't do anything about it anyways. While you are inside their school though, you are on their property and should abide by their rules on occasion. I don't think this is such a bad policy to an extent, but it doesn't really effect anyones lives at a large level.

    Most schools require them to teach abstenence and nothing else, but there isnt any proof that it actually works. They know full well what will happen and they don't really have any power, but eh, they try anyways.

  4. #20
    ??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,161
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    Re: "Public Display of Affection"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Commander View Post
    PDA is awsome. I don't give a crap who stares at us when we're hugging or kissing. We aren't making out or getting naked so people have no reason to be disgusted.
    I agree if im not making out or getting naked theres no reason to be disgusted,if some 1 has a problem with it to bad that my opinon.

  5. #21
    Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    681
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: "Public Display of Affection"

    Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    I agree if im not making out or getting naked theres no reason to be disgusted,if some 1 has a problem with it to bad that my opinon.
    More power to you guys. Doesn't matter what they think and its not like they can physically stop you. They got their rules and policies but like I said earlier, its your life.

  6. #22
    Demon Loving Only Himself Self Loving Carnage may be famous one day Self Loving Carnage may be famous one day Self Loving Carnage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    I dislike stalkers.
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: "Public Display of Affection"

    Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    Usually a hug or a kiss isn't really considered just a pure loving embrace or a farewell when it comes down to kids. Perhaps some are too young to understand it and in a lot of way teenagers at that point don't really understand the value of true love and what not. Love one day and love another the next. Its about sex and a lot don't want it to happen or get close to that. Its not the right time or age.
    I respect your opinion, however I disagree with it slightly. I think it depends on the people. Not all young people are like that. 'Love one day and love another the next,' I mean. I know a couple that are in their twenties now, who have been together since they were about twelve. And they didn't have sex until they were married, but they did hug and kiss and makeout, I'm sure.

    So I think it depends on the people. And it's not like people are going to have sex at school (unless they are really freakin' stupid) anyways, regardless if they kiss and hug there or not. So banning 'PDA' is really complete crap. And if they are so worried about the sex issue, why be selective with who they punish for it?
    Last edited by Self Loving Carnage; Jan 26, 2007 at 09:56 AM.
    You are not your job. You are not your bank account. You are not the contents of your wallet. You are not your ****ing Khakis. We are the all seeing all dancing crap of the world. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake you are the same rotting organic matter as everything else. We are all part of the same compost heap.

  7. #23
    Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    681
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: "Public Display of Affection"

    Quote Originally Posted by Self Loving Carnage View Post
    I respect your opinion, however I disagree with it slightly. I think it depends on the people. Not all young people are like that. 'Love one day and love another the next,' I mean. I know a couple that are in their twenties now, who have been together since they were about twelve. And they didn't have sex until they were married, but they did hug and kiss and makeout, I'm sure.

    I'm in a relationship with a girl whom I love very much now. I'm not in the relationship for sex, I'm in it because I really care for and love the person. We plan on marriage and we're both only 16. And we don't plan on having sex until we're married, but we do hug and kiss and such.

    So I think it depends on the people. And it's not like people are going to have sex at school (unless they are really freakin' stupid) anyways, regardless if they kiss and hug there or not. So banning 'PDA' is really complete crap. And if they are so worried about the sex issue, why be selective with who they punish for it?
    Its not really my opinion. Its their tendancy to do that and look at the majority as a whole. Yes you can pick out individuals, but they arn't trying to cure individual by individual, they look at the sypmtoms and try to go for the disease.

    Considering being selective.. Seriously? Its may be unfair, but like I said before, this shoudn't be that unusual because its not even close to being new. The older you are and the more popular you are, tend to give you a bit more freedom and decision. This shouldn't be that hard to grasp, and knowing that you are probably a softmore and 16, doesn't really make you a strong candidate for those things in their eyes.

    Yeah it sucks and they should ban it, but they won't anytime soon I am sure. They make and enforce their policies for a specific reason, whether it be because the parents don't want their kids being introduced to temptations and seduction at that young of age, or most likely, its because of previous evidence.

    Teen pregnancy is at an all time high I think, getting into college and getting an education is far mor important than having sex, having distractions, or being in a serious relationship at the age of 19-21. You can't survive nowadays while being successful and always staying on the ball and not have an education. The majority is that and believing you are young and still have a lot of time to experience things like being in a relationship, isn't really hindering the idea of having a prioriy that isn't just that.

    51&#37; of Americans are mothers and 2 things mainly are on their thoughts;
    1, They don't want their kids dieing or dead and on the cover of Times, and 2, they don't want them making the same mistakes as they did.

    oh yeah, just so you know. Highest scores on many tests during HS, mine always came 3rd or higher in the state. Had plenty of A students screwin in those bathrooms or outside the school behind the bleachers. Evidence and a line at enforcing a policy such as yours. Yet we still we got some in the bathroom.

  8. #24
    Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: "Public Display of Affection"

    Quote Originally Posted by Self Loving Carnage View Post
    My personal opinion on this is that it's complete crap. My school (and most other schools that I know of) have established this policy of no PDA. What's so wrong with a hug in the hallway on the way to class or something like that? I can see certain affection displays as not being ok in a public area, such as making out. But hugs? My school gave me a Saturday Suspension School for hugging my girlfriend. That's such bs.
    Not only do they have such a stupid rule. They are selective about who they enforce it on. Some people can do it right in front of them and not get in trouble...but others......get a huge penalty for some small thing.
    Do any of you have this rule in school? What do you think of it, if you do?
    Okay, maybe hugging is a bit much, but I, for one, hate PDA, particularly tweenage PDA. I hated it when I was in school, and I hate seeing teen couples hugging and kissing on the escalators outside of Hot Topic. Take your hormores elsewhere! You shall not peddle them here!

    Maybe I'm just bitter. That is a possibility. I don't like seeing sloppy make-outs.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 11, 2006, 01:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts