Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: "Public Display of Affection"

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: "Public Display of Affection"

Quote Originally Posted by OdysseanPromise View Post
    Okay, maybe hugging is a bit much, but I, for one, hate PDA, particularly tweenage PDA. I hated it when I was in school, and I hate seeing teen couples hugging and kissing on the escalators outside of Hot Topic. Take your hormores elsewhere! You shall not peddle them here!

Maybe I'm just bitter. That is a possibility. I don't like seeing sloppy make-outs.
    Now maybe just a kiss or to and I don't mean they makeout type of kiss and holding hands would be ok but other then that it's like "goodness get a flippin room." That's what it makes you feel like.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    Now maybe just a kiss or to and I don't mean they makeout type of kiss and holding hands would be ok but other then that it's like "goodness get a flippin room." That's what it makes you feel like.

You know, those kind of people frustrate me. I see them at malls, or in the arcade, usually hanging around with whichever friend can play DDR, or at conventions. Maybe I'm just getting past that target age for conventions, but it just drives me up the wall that these kids are trying to wear grown-up clothes and attempt to smother each other with attention because they are either 1) too insecure to go without physical contact for, like, and hour or 2) because they want to brag and show what they "have" off to the single populace.

So, really, to reiterate, I really have no problem with people cracking down on PDA. I only wish we could extend the reach of this rule from schools to malls, conventions, and pretty much anything else I frequent.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I go to a public school that has "outlawed" PDA. I'm sort of indifferent I guess, cuz I'm not into the whole "make out in front of all the world to see" thing. I don't mind PDA because it's something easily ignored for me, but I do get annoyed by the school's hypocritical take on the punishment. We have open lesbians at our school, and I suppose they'll make out with each other during passing periods and no teacher does anything about it. Yet I've got a friend who was just kissing his girl good bye before a class and served two detentions because of it. As long as there's no groping and dry humping, I think PDA is fine, I'd really like to know why teachers think it's such a big deal. I hope their arguement isn't distraction, cuz I think that's weak.

Newbie Miss.Bun Bun is off to a good start Miss.Bun Bun's Avatar
    Thanks

that rediculus i;m glad that my school doesn't do that =_=. but i can understand makingout or other things but just a hug..

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

You know, those kind of people frustrate me. I see them at malls, or in the arcade, usually hanging around with whichever friend can play DDR, or at conventions. Maybe I'm just getting past that target age for conventions, but it just drives me up the wall that these kids are trying to wear grown-up clothes and attempt to smother each other with attention because they are either 1) too insecure to go without physical contact for, like, and hour or 2) because they want to brag and show what they "have" off to the single populace.

So, really, to reiterate, I really have no problem with people cracking down on PDA. I only wish we could extend the reach of this rule from schools to malls, conventions, and pretty much anything else I frequent.
    I think it's mainly to show that they have someone and make themselves try and feel important. Which is bad for me to say...but I say keep it out of public. Why does someone want to see you hugging or groping or over kissing. I mean come on I get tired of seeing my mom and step dad exchanging little kisses every few minutes and it's not because they are my parents but because it aggravates me. There is a time and a place for everything and Public Display of Affections at the mall or even the movies is not the time or place for it.

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    I think it's mainly to show that they have someone and make themselves try and feel important. Which is bad for me to say...but I say keep it out of public. Why does someone want to see you hugging or groping or over kissing. I mean come on I get tired of seeing my mom and step dad exchanging little kisses every few minutes and it's not because they are my parents but because it aggravates me. There is a time and a place for everything and Public Display of Affections at the mall or even the movies is not the time or place for it.
    Like I said, it all stems from insecurity, I think. People need to feel constantly reassured that there is someone there for them, and making out on the escalator is supposedly unmistakable truth of that.

This could be an in-depth anthropological analysis, or my biting cynicism, which could explain why I'm single.

Thanks

Like I said, it all stems from insecurity, I think. People need to feel constantly reassured that there is someone there for them, and making out on the escalator is supposedly unmistakable truth of that.

This could be an in-depth anthropological analysis, or my biting cynicism, which could explain why I'm single.
    Although not everyone is bad about it though I mean you have alot of couple that wait till they are behind closed doors to do anything you know. Probably the reason your single is because you haven't found someone that has your same views on things and all you have found are girls that try and have as much PDA as possible.

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that hugging, or even a 'peck on the cheek' is fairly non-disruptive regardless of the situation, and beneficial to the couple in that the receiver of the hug/'peck' is made aware that the hugger/'pecker' is not afraid of others knowing the feelings between the both of you. Making out however is obviously an attention-grabber and blatant overkill...regardless of the situation if done in public. Save it for the couch or the backseat of a car, it's more fun there anyway if you ask me.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast