Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Thread: "Public Display of Affection"

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: "Public Display of Affection"

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with PDA. both me & My BF from 3rd got Detention for holding HANDS..HANDS!!! ITS NOT LIKE WE WERE PRACTICALLY ON EACH OTHER!!!..seriously it sucks as you get older. But then you get into to collage..and live your life ^.~
    Yeah, Bye.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Immediately after reading the title of this thread, I knew this was going to be about schools.

I understand that schools are center for education. I understand they aren't supposed to e social hubs. And I think we all understand that schools are not places to... engage in certain romantic interactions. But what I don't understand is what is lewd of the holding of hands, or hugging— and that's different from groping, may I add.

Yes, adolescents do go through a phase of... having awkward, and oftentimes someties uncontrollable feelings and thoughts... But I don't think hugging, the patting of one's shoulder, or holding hands will lead to "certain romantic interactions". And I doubt there's really any schools where a majority of these actions will lead to something inappropriate... A majority. If there is... Well, I'd like to know a bit about that school.

Well, a positive spin to this is that school officials will "let it slip" if the person receiving the action is obviously having a mental breakdown and receiving comfort. I'm not sure how obvious the distress has to be, but if it's evident enough (and perhaps a history of previous occurances), then everything goes.

It sees that this policy arose fro a want to "purify" the youth of today. I can totally sympathize with wanting to get common decency knocked into these youth's heads (they so desperately need it for my sanity XD), but limiting "family-friendly" social interactions essential to keeping close communities, connections, and comfort... Nuh-uh. That's crazy.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

To quote the Forum Rules...
    Inactive threads, which have not been posted in for 1 month or more, should not be revived. They are considered dead.
    Please read the Forum Rules located here... Anime Online - FAQ: GENERAL RULES:

Closing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9