+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Vs Private Schools. What is better?

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Public Vs Private Schools. What is better?

I recently went to a high school stage ( or jazz) band competition. Both Public and Private Schools participated in it. In the end public school won it ( my old school ).

But it made me think, of all the differences between public and private schools
    So here I ask you

Did you go to a private or public school?
    What do you think of public vs private schools.
    Do private school give children better education
    Should the government fund private schools?
    What about all girls/boys schools? are they right?

Ok, imo, I don't think a good education has anything to do with a public or private schools, though there is obvious differences between them.
    I went to a public school, but they treated us like a private
    formal uniforms, no makeup, no crazy hair etc etc.
    I think it comes down to the principles and the teachers - if they are strict and with disicpline then the whole school will reflect that

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Public Vs Private Schools. What is better?

I think if you want a better education it's best to go to a private school becuase classes are usually smaller granting more attention towards each individual student. However I don't think a private school is the best choice for someone to develop mentally and socially. In a private school students are usually protected to a very high degree from negative attention and are restricted from socializing which can lead to social "defects" and inability to handle certain situations where as a public school student is subjected to bullying and need for socializion which helps them to develop.

Also I don't think the government should fund private schools becuase public schools are already underfunded as it is.

My opinion of all girls/boys schools is that it wouldn't be a very wise decision to send your kid to one for the sole reason that the opposite sexes need to be exposed to eachoter early on and regularly so that they can learn how to react to one anoter accordingly.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

i think education wise, private schol is better becasue only certain students are accepted. only a few studets a year accepted to where i am but yea. but as far as the whole "is it truely better", it all depends on the studnets. bullys and fights and sex and drugs are everywhere. just becasue the school is private doesnt mean it's safe. some public schools are more safer then private beileve it or not

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Otaku Arnys Battle 2 Champion sora the king of dreams may be famous one day sora the king of dreams may be famous one day sora the king of dreams's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that private schools are better because you have special teachers that help you in your work and other stuff, but that is my opinion

I live in the shadows and I am as fast as the speed of light, but I use my ability's to help people even though they fear me for who I am.

A Brand new Theme song for all my friends who use to come to Ao and the People that still come's to Ao.
    http://video.freevideoblog.com/hotte...7631ca1c2a.htm

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

It totally depends upon in which environment the student makes a maximum learning effort. Some children respond better to private than public and vice versa. One of my best friends growing up was a chronic underachiever until he went to private school. On the other hand my short stint in private school drove me nuts and I fared much, much better in a public school environment.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sora the king of dreams View Post
    I believe that private schools are better because you have special teachers that help you in your work and other stuff, but that is my opinion
    I don't think only private schools do that. The public school I went to had heaps of help with works I did and if I did have trouble with something, their was always a teacher who would help - i'm sure it the same in other public high schools aswell. Again it depends on the teachers and the principles.

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    i think education wise, private schol is better becasue only certain students are accepted. only a few studets a year accepted to where i am but yea. but as far as the whole "is it truely better", it all depends on the studnets. bullys and fights and sex and drugs are everywhere. just becasue the school is private doesnt mean it's safe. some public schools are more safer then private beileve it or not
    I never thought that! some private schools only accept certain students, infact most of the private schools I've heard of, basically so long as you continue to pay..your in!

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that private schooling teaches more academic material while public teaches most everything just not as high as a academic level as private, my public school beats alot of private schools maybe its because public school kids are more happier?

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

which are*better

Private vs. Public

Private:
    Pros: Better education because more material is covered, likely more mature students
    Cons:You miss out on lots of school events and stuff that kids should really experience

i choose public

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast