+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Vs Private Schools. What is better?

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Public Vs Private Schools. What is better?

I attended private school (parochial, in fact) from kindergarten through senior year of high school, as the public schools in my area were not all that great (to put it mildly), and my mom wanted religion to be part of my education. I breezed through grade school, high school, and college with no major problems. My brother did terribly in school, was kicked out of two different private schools, and ended up getting his G.E.D a few years later. My husband and sister-in-law both attended public schools their entire lives, and now both are working on master's degrees.

My point here is that the quality of education doesn't necessarily depend on whether the school is public or private. It depends mainly on the individual, the staff employed by the school, and if the school has support from parents and the community in general. If any one of these things is lacking, students are more likely to fail.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

When I was in highschool I had a choice and I went to public school because I didn't want to wear a uniform and I wanted to hang out with my friends. Then I got to college and found out just how much I hadn't learned. Great reasons weren't they?

So now I fully support anything but US public schools. Sure there are some good ones but in my experience they are the exception rather then the rule. School should not be about having a good time it should be about learning and if, like myself, that is the only reason you have behind the school you choose you are cheating yourself.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks

I think it depends on the student. I did really well in school, but I hated it. I didnt want to spend any more time there than I had to. I had some really good and some really bad teachers so I cant blame my impatience on them. Two of my three siblings went to a private school. They loved it, but were all really stressed out about the amount of homework. So its a toss up. It really just depends on the students goals and priorities.

Newbie school_girl.fire may be famous one day school_girl.fire may be famous one day school_girl.fire's Avatar
    Thanks

I also agree with MistressMorgan it really depends with the students. I think that private schools might give you more stress and private schools will give you less

~ beri-chan ~ hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_
    But it made me think, of all the differences between public and private schools
    So here I ask you

Did you go to a private or public school?
    What do you think of public vs private schools.
    Do private school give children better education
    Should the government fund private schools?
    What about all girls/boys schools? are they right?
    At the moment i am attending a public high school. However even if i did get the chance to go to a private school i would choose a public school either way.
    Private schools do not have to be of a better education system as results have shown than public schools can be better, depending on the school. In fact, most private schools tend have higher school fees yet they spend less hours at school actually learning.
    Instead of the government funding a large percent on private schools they should do it for public schools. Afterall the school already gets enough money from parents.
    I attend an all girls school and i enjoy being at one. There is nothing wrong about it, i think its even better.

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

well i have never been to a private school and i am not sure whether they in terms of education are better or worst. currently i am attenting a public school however i believe it is different from ur average public school in the term that it only caters for yrs ranging from 11-12 (HSC course). the school has some fairly unique facilities that i'm not ever sure private school have.

however i know i few ppl that go to private school, and compairing from their progress i have to say but it seems that they go at a faster pace. and as for life skills, as far as i know the ppl that i know are more socialable than others that i do know that go to public.

so in general i don't think it really matter what school u go to, cause lets face it u either what to learn and work or not. and not matter how much ur teacher will try if u don't care or want to learn u wont. to me achievements are based on the individual choice.

the only thing that i would like to say is that i don't think any school is bad. in my opion over here, i have a strong feeling that the course outlines needs to be revised and updated, especially the computing courses. but i'll leave it at that cause i don't what to ramble about schools nor do i want to think about them anymore than i have to.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

i go to a private school. the grade level of our school is 2.1 grades ahead of the highest public school around. therefore, since i am in 10th grade i am taking a public schools 12th grade curriculum (which i really am i asked my cousin in 12th)

however, our school does not allow dancing of any kind, and if you have a GF then you are expelled. that may seem a little extreme but i don't mind that because most of my classes have a max of maybe 7 people in them.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Otaku Dark wolf may be famous one day Dark wolf may be famous one day Dark wolf's Avatar
    got stuck in a middle of a forest and stayed
    Thanks

public schools, meet new friends and such, private schools are like uniform wearing, now public is something that you can at least dress yourself the way you want to and at least you dont have to pay for your own food lol
    /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0x307f90.tmp.nUlCWX/Photo 4.jpghttp://img379.imageshack.us/img379/232/noobclanks5.gif

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast