+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Public Vs Private Schools. What is better?

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Public Vs Private Schools. What is better?

What's the big deal? Are you just sore towards private schools because you didn't get to go to one?

I don't know what it's like elsewhere, but in Malaysia private schools are usually better than public ones, in terms of student class, facilities, quality of teaching and results. I was in a private school for 3 years, then switched to public, then back to private. I never got around to asking my mother why. Public school students tend to regard private school students as snooty, but honestly, they're as down-to-earth as anyone else. Just because they're richer and have more expensive hobbies (to talk about), that doesn't really put them on a pedestal above everyone else. I've learned that this sort of mentality is everywhere, especially among girls' schools. When I was in a convent we used to point at all the other convents and criticise their girls for being stuck-up and all, and those girls did the same to us. +__+

You can't deny that private schools generally have better education, though. And with all those facilities available to students.... well! I'm not saying that there aren't good public schools though. There are some.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

The only think I have against private schools is that, they should not get government funding.

Like, I think I have mentioned above, I went to a public school, that treated us like we were in a private school, and I'm sure there are many others out there. But there are also some pretty run down and dodgy public schools. Being in a public school, I also know what it's like to be told, sorry can't do that, don't have enough money.

When it comes down to the better education, it has nothing to do with public or private. It comes down to the student and the discipline the school has imo.

Newbie hikaru 103 may be famous one day hikaru 103 may be famous one day hikaru 103's Avatar
    Thanks

i think they both have their goods and bads i could give some reasons why

public: BEAT DOWNS! ugh i hate those; snobs(no offense) who think they're better but they got grades like goats(f's); cool teachers; easy home work.

private: no beat downs; boring teachers; tough homework;school uniforms(NOOOOOOO!!!); total nerds(no offense again)who think they're better(but they can prove it to so...);tough homework; considered afterschool tutoring.
    i have some more reasons i just dont feel like telling...sorry
    The thoughts you took from me. The thoughts you gave to me. The thoughts you twisted and shook away from me. That is the proof that you love me...

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks

IM for public you just get more of the real world no money involved, i have nothing aginst private because i've never been to one

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rockroc View Post
    IM for public you just get more of the real world no money involved, i have nothing aginst private because i've never been to one
    There seems to be a bit of a misconception here. Speaking from experience, not all private school kids come from families with mountains of money. My parents struggled to pay for my education, and I know of some students who paid their own way. As for the "real world", I'm with Arrianna; if you think your high school experience is an indication of how things are in the real world, you're in for a very big surprise.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

lol, public schools are nothing like the real world! trust me - i've been through both, school is nothing compared to the real world imo.

And yes, I agree, not all those who go to private schools comes from rich families, I know families who struggled just to keep their children in a private school.

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

it is interesting how people like one type of school rather than be a neutral and not care about what type of school that you attend.but then again that is the point of the topic isn't it?still....i know that there are advantages and disadvantages to both types of school and to me there is no type that is 'better'.

Newbie tisha-blanca may be famous one day tisha-blanca may be famous one day tisha-blanca's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrow Re: Public Vs Private Schools. What is better?

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    I recently went to a high school stage ( or jazz) band competition. Both Public and Private Schools participated in it. In the end public school won it ( my old school ).

But it made me think, of all the differences between public and private schools
    So here I ask you

Did you go to a private or public school?
    What do you think of public vs private schools.
    Do private school give children better education
    Should the government fund private schools?
    What about all girls/boys schools? are they right?

Ok, imo, I don't think a good education has anything to do with a public or private schools, though there is obvious differences between them.
    I went to a public school, but they treated us like a private
    formal uniforms, no makeup, no crazy hair etc etc.
    I think it comes down to the principles and the teachers - if they are strict and with disicpline then the whole school will reflect that
    wEll i tHiNk its bEttEr if yOu go to A pRivAte schOol bUt sOmetimEs as tHey sAy its bOriNg..i hAvEnt bEen tO a pUblic schOol.....
    im riGht nOw in a cAtHolic scHool fOr giRls...its BORING!

yeah baby!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast