+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Public Vs Private Schools. What is better?

Otaku toonfan630 may be famous one day toonfan630 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Public Vs Private Schools. What is better?

I went to private school in Jamaica. It was okay but they hit us. I like public school more but it all depends on where you live and if you like order or not.
    "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde.

Leave me and my simple sig alone. I like it. ^o^

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JefferyXie View Post
    it is interesting how people like one type of school rather than be a neutral and not care about what type of school that you attend.but then again that is the point of the topic isn't it?still....i know that there are advantages and disadvantages to both types of school and to me there is no type that is 'better'.
    agreed. The whole point of a school is for the students to learn and the teachers to teach. yes, some schools might have advantages over the other - but it has nothing to do with the fact that they are public or private.

But I still believe funding has issues - Private schools should be limited on the government fundings - due to the fact the students have to pay heaps to get in already - and where's that money going that they need more government funding?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    But I still believe funding has issues - Private schools should be limited on the government fundings - due to the fact the students have to pay heaps to get in already - and where's that money going that they need more government funding?
    To all the things that public schools have that results in the government spending an average of $7,362 per student in the US. Private schools tend to be 1/3rd the cost per student of public schools. Why shouldn't the government give the parents who want their kids to attend private schools some funds to do so? The money was already earmarked for them and the government can use the left over amounts for public schools.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    To all the things that public schools have that results in the government spending an average of $7,362 per student in the US. Private schools tend to be 1/3rd the cost per student of public schools. Why shouldn't the government give the parents who want their kids to attend private schools some funds to do so? The money was already earmarked for them and the government can use the left over amounts for public schools.
    Now this statement opens a big can or worms... It is often the case (as it is in the State of California) that private schools neither have to meet the same state policy requirements concerning anti-discrimination policy concerning race/religion/sexual preferences, nor are they required to accept students with 'special' education needs. (though at least in California, credentialed private schools are still required to use teachers who have earned the state certified teaching credential...) If private teaching institutions were required to meet the same state mandates, then there might actually be some merit for using State government funds to fund private schools. And many private institutions would still refuse to accept government funds, just to be free from the government mandates (such a religious based learning institutions)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

If it was being given directly to the schools I would agree with you but if it going to the students gardiens to be dispensed to the school of their choice in the form of an account or "voucher" then those requirements should not be required. As I said the money is earmarked for the individual student why shouldn't their family decide what to do with it?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    There seems to be a bit of a misconception here. Speaking from experience, not all private school kids come from families with mountains of money. My parents struggled to pay for my education, and I know of some students who paid their own way. As for the "real world", I'm with Arrianna; if you think your high school experience is an indication of how things are in the real world, you're in for a very big surprise.
    Actually it depends on where you live,and on the behavior of the students. Here in Ga it gets really close to the real world, like taking responsibilities for your actions etc.
    Last edited by rockroc; Nov 16, 2006 at 04:46 PM.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    If it was being given directly to the schools I would agree with you but if it going to the students gardiens to be dispensed to the school of their choice in the form of an account or "voucher" then those requirements should not be required. As I said the money is earmarked for the individual student why shouldn't their family decide what to do with it?
    It true that state education funding is earmarked for the individual students, but the catch is, there earmarked for the individual students to meet State Education Requirements, without any discretion on what requirements will be accepted and which ones will be ignored...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

I go to a public school and my sister goes to a private school so I see both worlds. The enviorments are totally diffrent so it can cater diffrently to diffrent people. In a public school you meet a wider range of people and experiences are very diffrent from private schools. But private schools have the restrictions that allow for a diffrent learning enviorment. But I like public schools personally because you get a variety.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast