+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Public Vs Private Schools. What is better?

Newbie SchneiD may be famous one day SchneiD may be famous one day SchneiD's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Public Vs Private Schools. What is better?

I've had a taste of both types of schools. I went to a Catholic school all the way from pre-k through elementry school. I left my catholic school to attend a public middle school and now I am attending a public high school. I also know friends from private schools still and I have to say, some of these private school kids are a little wierd. As far as education goes, the private schools MAY be tipping the scale of better education on their end, but when it comes to, how do I say, "being in a normal atmosphere" I prefer public schools and I am happy that I attend a public school right now. Not to mention athletic programs genreally at public schools blow the private ones away.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Where I live the private schools are more dangerous than the public schools. I always thought that in a private school the work would be harder and the students were monitored more but they are actually worse. Besides some private schools don't offer the programs that public schools have. For example, I was in a business program in high school where we ran a virtual business and had conventions and such. We also got summer internships with large companies. Private schools don't allow programs like that. I believe public schools ar the way to go especially since they are free too.

Newbie kiara may be famous one day kiara may be famous one day kiara's Avatar
    NY USA hanging out with the teen titans lol
    Thanks

I've been to both i've experienced a lot. I was in a private school from K-9. Six of those years I was catholic school. 10-12 I'm currently in a public high school and enrolled in 12th grade. I have to say the private schools around here are really bad. My 7-9th grade years I went to a catholic school. They cared nothing about academics and it was all about the uniforms... Public school they care more about the students and the teachers are excellent (at least mine are) They have hella more programs you can do than private schools can only dream of. The atmosphere is more realistic and your not so sheltered although these are just my personal experiences.

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

I have never been in a private school. I fought hard with my mother for she wanted me to be in a private school. The many reasons I dislike private schools (besides their awesome school uniforms) is that firstly, the teachers there drills their students too hard.
    In my country, we have lots of private chinese educated schools. More like a prison to be precise. Those students are like forever in thier school uniforms and I even see them in those on Sundays. My first thought is that they wore it to fool ther parents into believeing that they are studying. But to my knowledge later, they do have school activities on Sundays!
    My brother once saw a private school surrounded with barb wires too! As though they wanna prevent the outside from coming in when instead, they just don't want their students to run out.
    I also got to know that most students who resorted to suicides were private-school childrens. The pressure, I can imagine.

Some private schools can be a bitch and prison-like life. (u_u) But there are some reasonable ones I suppose.

Bout public schools... yes, it's rather loose. You get bullied by prissey students if you are a nerd etc. It's rather the same even in private schools. Just that your peers there are intelectual bullying you while in public schools it's just physical appearance. What can be more devastating then? ^^

(laughs) I'd say-- Public schools are better. ^^lll

Sorry if I didn't state any strong points to support my stand. Sheep is stupid, you all know that. (^^)lll Baa

Newbie antrihme may be famous one day antrihme may be famous one day
    Thanks

when i was still in elementary i was in a public school but now i'm in high school i'm in a private school.. if you're a grade school student i think it doesn't matter but if you're already in high school it's a better choice to go to a private school because high school prepares us for college and college is no small deal... also private schools are have smaller classes so teachers can focus more on each student.....
    **Hanabi Kamiru**

Newbie disneyfrench may be famous one day disneyfrench may be famous one day disneyfrench's Avatar
    Thanks

For me it will depend on the student who really make a hard time to study.

Count your life by smiles, not tears.
    Count your age by friends, not years....

Otaku Master_badger may be famous one day Master_badger may be famous one day
    Thanks

It's depend off. In my country the people says the better education stay on the private schools but isn't true on 100%.

First: The private schools have reduced groups and, in theory, the education it's better. But the guys or have troubles with they family or have one adiction (alcoholic, tobaco, drugs, etc)
    Second: In the most of cases the alumns don't learn too much, and if they have a "F" in a test the teachers put an "A" or something like that, because the parents pay a quota for the education of the childrens. I explain?
    Third: In my country the first places always won the public schools.

Mmm, but only in the equivalent of Elementary and the Junior high school of USA. Talking about the Universitys it's another very different thing.
    "Knowledge is power"

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

i personally prefer public schools because in Private schools here i always thought of them as to be full of snobs and you have to speak really posh to go to them. Plus where i grew up there is only private school available and i didn't want to go there because i wasn't brainy enought probably.

But with Public school it was easier to get to know other kids that are near by and learn how to have a laugh and not worry about social status too much as it didn't really matter at Public schools.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6