+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Question Of Morality

Newbie perezsh may be famous one day perezsh may be famous one day
    Thanks

A Question Of Morality

A interesting question came up in health class today.
    A friend of mine (Jake)was asked what would he would do if his girlfriend's baby had down syndrome and he said he would kill it. pretty evil of person to say lol. (this whole thing started when we were watching some health video about diseases and he laughed at some little kid who had it) The funny part was that his girlfriend was in the classroom at the time and they broke up during class because of it. but this whole ordeal made me ask myself a question. How would i react if i found out my baby had down syndrome and would i be willing to take care of the baby? Would you?

Why hold on so hard to something so slippery?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

A Question Of Morality

If i knew my baby was to be born messed up, id want my wife to have an abortion. With all the bad crap life deals normal kids. Why do this to a child that is messed up? Why make em live a life of suffering and hardship?

Plus originally in olden days the baby wouldnt have survived. It was natures way of weeding out the weak. Survival of the fittest. Not we want all forms of human life to survive. Do you know what that does to the gene pool?

If we didn't know and had a retarded kid, Id put it up for adoption. Raising a mentally challenged kid is a nightmare. I would go insane. I wouldn't have the patience. Raising a mentally challenged kid takes a special kind of person, and that ain't me.

Newbie Hiko may be famous one day Hiko may be famous one day Hiko's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: A Question Of Morality

What Kastelic said is a bit harsh, but it's the true. It must be very hard to raise a child with Down syndrome or a handicap.

I honestly wouldn't know what to do, it would be a very hard decision to make.

If we learn that the baby will have a very bad handicap while he is in early development, I think I would suggest an abortion.

If we get the child and then learn that he has a handicap, then it would be up to both the parents to decide. That itself will create a conflict in the relationship of the two parents, creating more tension, stress and fights.

.L.
    Newbie .L. may be famous one day .L. may be famous one day .L.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with Kastelic4444, the kid would only suffer in life.

Newbie Captcanada may be famous one day Captcanada may be famous one day Captcanada's Avatar
    well this could be a stretch but i think im in a house
    Thanks

Abortions are evil. is it right to take the life of a child just to save yourself some embarrasment. you have no right. as for the child i would raise them up to the best of my ability. raising that child might make you a better person than you are today. a test in life that you must overcome... not throw into the grave.
    OH CANADA MY HOME AND NATIVE LAND!!! *although i live in NOR CAL
    To all u Rockers out there... Rock on
    AO Fan Clan

Otaku cerebrum has disabled reputation cerebrum's Avatar
    Thanks

@ Captcananda : It is true most ppl may consider an abortion to "save themselves the humiliation", however some others couldn't bare the thought of losing a child. They do it for the sake of sparing its life from suffering/torment.

It may sound strange but a person suffering from 'Down syndrome' is capable of living out independant lives. - Yes, I mean by themselves with a home and family lives.

I personally would hav considered an abortion.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=30454&dateline=115992  8199
Your Current Signature Picture
    Sig courtesy goes to : Sazuka. [Sig team]

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't mind having a child having down-syndrome. It's just a genetic mutation, and because of that there should be no reason to take away that poor child's life. I used to play with a kid with down-syndrome and I noticed that I gave him more love than any other kid. Anyways, taking care of te child and giving him / her more love wouldn't let him feel lonely. All that experience makes you a better person!

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd like to say that I wouldn't mind raising a child with down syndrome but if it were to actually happen I honestly wouldn't know how I would react...I may raise the child or I may have my wife have an abortion...I hope that I would never have to make a decision involving a human life.

BTW: Your friend is a @$$, good thing that his girl left him.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast