+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Questioning the ALMIGHTY...

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Questioning the ALMIGHTY...

I had a talk with my mother this weekend & she told me about what her mother (my grandmother> rest her soul) put/took her & her siblings through... She told me she use to say "if there was a God why did he give her as a mother".?. Basically saying there was no God or just questioning his existence... She believes in him now, but my questions are

1. Have you ever questioned his existence or do you even believe in God.?.
    2. Why do you think you/people even question his existence or doesn't believe in him.?.
    3. Do you believe in a situation can change ones' belief in God & his existence.?.
    4. Do you believe that religions & God play a part in separating/segregating society as a whole.?.

Sorry for all the questions... Choose 1 you want to answer or ALL just give your reason in a explanation... Don't want to get any infractions... THANKS!!!

Otaku Gold Miner: Second Edition Champion tora_tora_yatta may be famous one day tora_tora_yatta may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Questioning the ALMIGHTY...

Quote Originally Posted by Inuruto View Post
    I had a talk with my mother this weekend & she told me about what her mother (my grandmother> rest her soul) put/took her & her siblings through... She told me she use to say "if there was a God why did he give her as a mother".?. Basically saying there was no God or just questioning his existence... She believes in him now, but my questions are

2. Why do you think you/people even question his existence or doesn't believe in him.?.
    3. Do you believe in a situation can change ones' belief in God & his existence.?.
    4. Do you believe that religions & God play a part in separating/segregating society as a whole.?.

Sorry for all the questions... Choose 1 you want to answer or ALL just give your reason in a explanation... Don't want to get any infractions... THANKS!!!
    I am Roman Catholic so this is my own opinions so I hope I do not offend anyone...To answer the first question I do believe in God for I have a strong relationship with him and my faith is good and for people who do question in his existence they are just not sure what to believe and they don't believe in faith. Second answer I would say there have been a couple times back then that I did question about if he truly existed but I became more faithful and everyone has their own beliefs also some people see that if they don't see it they don't believe it. Third answer I would have to say yes that someone can change beliefs in God and his existence its just in what they believe and how strong of a relationship they have with God. Final fourth question I do not believe that religion and God play a part in separating or segregating society as a whole...for I believe its not God's fault its anyone who has difficulty understanding things and think that way.

Made by mi amigo Mveli2

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I do not believe in a single "almighty" being.
    a) because I don't believe in the works of the bible. To me, it is the same as a fiction book, because other than believing in, people can't prove it's otherwise.

b) I hate the thought of heaven and hell. I'd like to think that all people are equal in death, no matter the life they lived.

c) Thank all the priests out there that discriminate against certain people, even though apparently it's against their religion. I don't want to be apart of something like that. *Yes I know not all religous people are like that* but the thought, that i'm going to church or listening to some one who discrimates, makes me sick, just the thought of being apart of a religion where there are people who think that, is annoying.

d) I believe in other things duh! :P

Of course, that's how people start believing and stop believing in a god

Both, we can see in wars that religion starts and other situations, religion separates us, but then again, it's not as if in the bible it says "start a war we hate other religions" (haven't read the bible, correct me if i'm wrong) so really it comes down to stupid human nature.

Quote Originally Posted by tora_tora_yatta View Post
    ITo answer the first question I do believe in God for I have a strong relationship with him and my faith is good and for people who do question in his existence they are just not sure what to believe and they don't believe in faith.
    Just because I don't believe in god, doesn't mean that I'm not sure what to believe in. True, I have not believe in god even before I knew what I believed in, but it didn't mean that I didn't have faith, we just have faith in different things. Not to say that all people are like that, some people could be like you said.

Otaku Gold Miner: Second Edition Champion tora_tora_yatta may be famous one day tora_tora_yatta may be famous one day
    Thanks

By _gwenibe_ "Just because I don't believe in god, doesn't mean that I'm not sure what to believe in. True, I have not believe in god even before I knew what I believed in, but it didn't mean that I didn't have faith, we just have faith in different things. Not to say that all people are like that, some people could be like you said."

I was not meaning it in a bad way or anything that was my opinion and with the whole faith thing I can understand what you are meaning and people have different beliefs and I am okay with that

Made by mi amigo Mveli2

Thanks

I don't claim any religion really, but I do believe in a higher power which is God... I did question his existence & sometimes still do, but I think back on some of the situations I've been through & I must say I have been blessed... I think people question God cause all they see is the hardships in their lives & other people around them & in the world which may have them to believe that there is no God... And again a situation plays in affect to have one to believe in him or not... I don't agree with people who don't believe in God doesn't have faith... I think that their faith lies in something else... I also don't agree with that religions & God doesn't play a role in seperating society... I have seen so called Christians, Baptist, Methodist, Muslims, Atheist, etc... sticking to people with the same beliefs... Like people who don't consider their beliefs isn't worthy as human beings or just lack of knowledge or something...

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

I1. Have you ever questioned his existence or do you even believe in God.?.
    1. "God" is an excuse people use to avoid taking responsibilty for their own lives and actions. He provides illusionary safety from death, notions of superiority and specialness for those who subscribe to certain doctrines, a set of clear and unmutable moral rules, and all sorts of other things people find comforting and uplifting. Unfortunately, most of the evil done in this world, is done in the name of "God"...

I do believe in the possible existance of Gods, after a fashion... but they are not "creators" of the universe... they are products of and active participants in it. They reside in their own world apart, have their own interests to look after and interfere only rarely... and usually for reasons we don't understand. Generally speaking: they don't care about us... and we can have very little communion with them.

2. Because every human impulse toward freedom, love and equality rebels against the idea of conforming to the word of one supreme authority figure who hasn't made himself seen or heard in hundreds of years (and before that, only in books written by people who stood to gain power from spread of the belief in a supreme being).

Goodness should not be forced on people out of fear... it should be something consciously chosen every step of the way for the sake of others, the world and yourself.

3. I believe people often "find God" when they are looking for acceptance, meaning or escape. I believe more people could care less about his existance than they do the power/legitimacy using his name provides for them.

4. I think "God" is used as a way to segregate, isolate, destroy, maim, kill, classify, exclude and shun on a daily basis all over the world.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I also don't agree with that religions & God doesn't play a role in seperating society... I have seen so called Christians, Baptist, Methodist, Muslims, Atheist, etc... sticking to people with the same beliefs... Like people who don't consider their beliefs isn't worthy as human beings or just lack of knowledge or something...
    Though, I agree with this, but can we really blame the religion? or is it just the person? There are some Christians (for example) who are very accepting and understanding of other cultures, where as some, as you said, see other religions as being bad.

That being said, is "god" really playing a role in seperating societies, or are the people who believe in him are? Prehaps using god or even better the bible as an excuse?

of course I would scrap this idea if ones religion/bible, does say to do those things,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    1. "God" is an excuse people use to avoid taking responsibilty for their own lives and actions. He provides illusionary safety from death, notions of superiority and specialness for those who subscribe to certain doctrines, a set of clear and unmutable moral rules, and all sorts of other things people find comforting and uplifting. Unfortunately, most of the evil done in this world, is done in the name of "God"...

I do believe in the possible existance of Gods, after a fashion... but they are not "creators" of the universe... they are products of and active participants in it. They reside in their own world apart, have their own interests to look after and interfere only rarely... and usually for reasons we don't understand. Generally speaking: they don't care about us... and we can have very little communion with them.

2. Because every human impulse toward freedom, love and equality rebels against the idea of conforming to the word of one supreme authority figure who hasn't made himself seen or heard in hundreds of years (and before that, only in books written by people who stood to gain power from spread of the belief in a supreme being).

Goodness should not be forced on people out of fear... it should be something consciously chosen every step of the way for the sake of others, the world and yourself.

3. I believe people often "find God" when they are looking for acceptance, meaning or escape. I believe more people could care less about his existance than they do the power/legitimacy using his name provides for them.

4. I think "God" is used as a way to segregate, isolate, destroy, maim, kill, classify, exclude and shun on a daily basis all over the world.
    I can totally agree with what you are saying & where you are coming from cause some of the things you said was some of the main reasons why I question his existence & the reason why I don't claim a religion or go to church (as much as my mother try to get me to go).... The only thing that really has me to believe in God is "LOVE", if God is love then yes I can understand cause love is so unconditional, harsh, beautiful, ugly, gentle, etc... All the things that basically is in this world... And if I have to believe & put faith in anything it will be love, since in the Bible it says "God is love" then I will take that & make that into my higher being if I must...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast