I had a talk with my mother this weekend & she told me about what her mother (my grandmother> rest her soul) put/took her & her siblings through... She told me she use to say "if there was a God why did he give her as a mother".?. Basically saying there was no God or just questioning his existence... She believes in him now, but my questions are
1. Have you ever questioned his existence or do you even believe in God.?.
2. Why do you think you/people even question his existence or doesn't believe in him.?.
3. Do you believe in a situation can change ones' belief in God & his existence.?.
4. Do you believe that religions & God play a part in separating/segregating society as a whole.?.
Sorry for all the questions... Choose 1 you want to answer or ALL just give your reason in a explanation... Don't want to get any infractions... THANKS!!!
Made by mi amigo Mveli2
b) I hate the thought of heaven and hell. I'd like to think that all people are equal in death, no matter the life they lived.
c) Thank all the priests out there that discriminate against certain people, even though apparently it's against their religion. I don't want to be apart of something like that. *Yes I know not all religous people are like that* but the thought, that i'm going to church or listening to some one who discrimates, makes me sick, just the thought of being apart of a religion where there are people who think that, is annoying.
d) I believe in other things duh! :P
By _gwenibe_ "Just because I don't believe in god, doesn't mean that I'm not sure what to believe in. True, I have not believe in god even before I knew what I believed in, but it didn't mean that I didn't have faith, we just have faith in different things. Not to say that all people are like that, some people could be like you said."
I was not meaning it in a bad way or anything that was my opinion and with the whole faith thing I can understand what you are meaning and people have different beliefs and I am okay with that
Made by mi amigo Mveli2
I don't claim any religion really, but I do believe in a higher power which is God... I did question his existence & sometimes still do, but I think back on some of the situations I've been through & I must say I have been blessed... I think people question God cause all they see is the hardships in their lives & other people around them & in the world which may have them to believe that there is no God... And again a situation plays in affect to have one to believe in him or not... I don't agree with people who don't believe in God doesn't have faith... I think that their faith lies in something else... I also don't agree with that religions & God doesn't play a role in seperating society... I have seen so called Christians, Baptist, Methodist, Muslims, Atheist, etc... sticking to people with the same beliefs... Like people who don't consider their beliefs isn't worthy as human beings or just lack of knowledge or something...
I do believe in the possible existance of Gods, after a fashion... but they are not "creators" of the universe... they are products of and active participants in it. They reside in their own world apart, have their own interests to look after and interfere only rarely... and usually for reasons we don't understand. Generally speaking: they don't care about us... and we can have very little communion with them.
2. Because every human impulse toward freedom, love and equality rebels against the idea of conforming to the word of one supreme authority figure who hasn't made himself seen or heard in hundreds of years (and before that, only in books written by people who stood to gain power from spread of the belief in a supreme being).
Goodness should not be forced on people out of fear... it should be something consciously chosen every step of the way for the sake of others, the world and yourself.
3. I believe people often "find God" when they are looking for acceptance, meaning or escape. I believe more people could care less about his existance than they do the power/legitimacy using his name provides for them.
4. I think "God" is used as a way to segregate, isolate, destroy, maim, kill, classify, exclude and shun on a daily basis all over the world.
That being said, is "god" really playing a role in seperating societies, or are the people who believe in him are? Prehaps using god or even better the bible as an excuse?
of course I would scrap this idea if ones religion/bible, does say to do those things,