+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Questioning the ALMIGHTY...

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Questioning the ALMIGHTY...

Quote Originally Posted by Inuruto View Post
    I had a talk with my mother this weekend & she told me about what her mother (my grandmother> rest her soul) put/took her & her siblings through... She told me she use to say "if there was a God why did he give her as a mother".?. Basically saying there was no God or just questioning his existence... She believes in him now, but my questions are

1. Have you ever questioned his existence or do you even believe in God.?.
    2. Why do you think you/people even question his existence or doesn't believe in him.?.
    3. Do you believe in a situation can change ones' belief in God & his existence.?.
    4. Do you believe that religions & God play a part in separating/segregating society as a whole.?.

Sorry for all the questions... Choose 1 you want to answer or ALL just give your reason in a explanation... Don't want to get any infractions... THANKS!!!
    I'll answer those ques. wit a ques. myself, do u remember the story of Jacob?

Do u know why the Israelies r called the children of Israel?

The key point of Jacob's story is after he goes back ta his homeland, ta seek forgiveness from his brother. While camped near a river, a scout told Jacob that he had seen his brother, and his entourage, not too far away. Expectin' trouble, Jacob sent his family away and decided ta stay himself ta face his brother. That night, a man appeared within Jacob's camp and challanged him ta wrestlin' match and Jacob agree. The two wrestled all night long, until dawn began ta break and the man, seein' that he couldn' overtake Jacob, injured Jacob's hip. At this point, an angel came down and stopped the match and when Jacob asked for the man's name, the angel stopped him. That's when the angel gave Jacob a new name, Israel.

What does Israel mean?

Believe it or not, the answer ta that ques. answered alotta ques. for me includin' the ones u wrote. It's an answer that allows one ta question, ta grow, and ta learn.

So what does the name Israel mean?

It means, "One who struggles with GOD."

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, i am always questioning the existence of a supreme power.

2. Why do you think you/people even question his existence or doesn't believe in him.?.
    I think people question "God's" existence because the only source that talks about him is the Bible. The Bible is a bias book written by people with a goal in mind, to control the mind and body of those that need to believe in something almighty in order to improve their lives.

3. Do you believe in a situation can change ones' belief in God & his existence.?.
    Once, the USA government releases the bodies of those alien capture in Roswell during the 50's (i believe) you'll see that people will abandon the belief in "God"

4. Do you believe that religions & God play a part in separating/segregating society as a whole.?.
    Hell yes, many innocent lives were lost during the inquisition. People were falsely accused of being witches, many were burnt, tortured, beheaded etc, for not abandoning their accepting the catholic's "God".

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inuruto View Post
    I have been questioning the existence of God due to things not going right in my life and doubting this as much as possible. It was a bad year or so but its not really because things were bad but it was more because I was thinking too much into things.

When ever i got into the pattern if questioning many things I did start to question if my beliefs were still strong. A year ago, I would really start thinking that seeing as I wasn't going to church that I was able to express my faith and almost kidding myself saying "God is everywhere, not just in church". But since things started to cool over and I starting talking to a very close friend, He helped me through things and even though his beliefs were different, His way of thinking helped me see that my faith was still strong, it was just I had someone making me doubt everything I ever did and wouldn't have enough confidence in myself to stay strong.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dancy_SAZ View Post
    I have been questioning the existence of God due to things not going right in my life and doubting this as much as possible. It was a bad year or so but its not really because things were bad but it was more because I was thinking too much into things.

When ever i got into the pattern if questioning many things I did start to question if my beliefs were still strong. A year ago, I would really start thinking that seeing as I wasn't going to church that I was able to express my faith and almost kidding myself saying "God is everywhere, not just in church". But since things started to cool over and I starting talking to a very close friend, He helped me through things and even though his beliefs were different, His way of thinking helped me see that my faith was still strong, it was just I had someone making me doubt everything I ever did and wouldn't have enough confidence in myself to stay strong.
    I understand totally where you are coming from... I use to think the same way about "that God was everywhere", which may be true, but I was told so was the devil & if he sees you trying to do/act right or getting blessing he trys harder & becomes more busy... I don't know how much that is true, but it does explain a little... I guess me actually asking these questions was to see where people faith lies & what they really believe in... What really keeps their will strong & keeps them going so to speak...

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

You know if someone says Bill Gates is the God of the computer industry I would agree but if you tell me there is an imaginary guy in the sky watching me 24 hours a day. I'll laugh at you.

The south also known as the bible belt is the most religious part of the country but it's also one of the most godforsaken parts. But they might question but continue to believe in this "god" don't they?

Tsurara answered your questions like I will have so I leave it at that.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I apologize for not elaboratin' on my answer earier, but I had ta cut it short 'cause I had ta go somewhere. I think that the reason one would question GOD is 'cause of the sufferin' in the world and also personal sufferin'. Yet I do believe in the Almighty and I don' believe that He's some random bein' in the sky. I believe that the story of "Jacob" is the prime example of what GOD wants us ta do. In by questionin', even GOD, we learn and when we learn, we grow ta become better. Many people become disenfranchised wit GOD 'cause of churches, they often portray GOD as a tyrant; breathin' fire and brimstone. Yet I don' think that this is an accurate depiction of GOD. GOD, for me, is about freedom, the freedom ta choose ur own Fate. Many of what ailes mankind, mankind has brought upon themselves. This is based upon the choices that man has made though out their history and not based on the whims of some other being, this too and includes churches. U asked if I believe that churches and GOD played a part in separatin' societies as a whole? Churches, yes; GOD, no. Peoples only source of reference for GOD is the Bible. Even though it's a semi-reliable source, it's the Word of GOD as written by the hand of man. GOD is perfect, man is not. This causes rifts in our personal beliefs in GOD, so thus individually minded people form indiviually minded groups. The key word here is "individual", 'cause that's what each of us r. I don' feel that GOD was ever ment ta b interpreted by a group or congregation, I believe that each of us r ment ta search our own hearts and find what GOD means ta us. That's what I believe "Jacob" did that night that he wrestled "GOD" and that what I believe that each of us should do.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

I have questioned if god was real several times because of
    how certain events in my life were cruel and how i have
    always been with out offline friends for years and other
    things of that nature , i find it hard to believe when its hard
    to believe in myself at times.

I questioned his existence and in still do
    sometimes because there have just been
    so many things that have happened bad and
    good that were easily explained and had to do
    with my actions and nothing else.

i do believe a situation can change your
    perspective in believing in him but it has to be extreme
    since nothing as trivial as talking will ever convince anyone.

separating church from state says that god does play
    a role in this but not everyone will say this because it will
    be admitting that there is a greater power and there point
    of view will look stupid and ignorant which is what they don't want.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2