+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Qur'an burning, good or bad?

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Qur'an burning, good or bad?

This is mading I don't understand why in the world people would burn books No matter if there are bibles of any reglion, this just goes to you we have not put our anger aside as a human beings, I mean I thought we ended the fear of Reglion wth the Witch trail, which was VERY mis guided and there was no need for the witch trail in my veiw.
    Elite Member
    Achieved after 150 days AND 500 posts.
    Veteran Member
    Achieved after 365 days AND 1000 posts.

Otaku Marcus Fenix is off to a good start Marcus Fenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    Religion isn' necessarily a tool of order, jus' used; like anything else can be; by many to create conformity or discord. Jus' as there are many bad uses for something, there are many good uses for it as well. It all depends on the individual and how they use or are allowed to be used by said other individuals, and not necessarily the religion itself. At least that's how I feel.
    I'm glad you feel that wway bro. But sometimes people do come up with a religion to be used as a tool of order.

Until you get assholes like the Catholic Church and the Taliban who use religion as a weapon to brain wash others. These two are the most clear examples on how a religion can be corrupted. I'm not singling them out, I'm just pointing out two of the most promant examples.

Man...my stepdad's gonna kill me if he sees this.
    We gotta make our choices...because in the end we are who we choose to be.

Because choice is the only real freedom any of us have.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Fenix View Post
    I'm glad you feel that wway bro. But sometimes people do come up with a religion to be used as a tool of order.

Until you get assholes like the Catholic Church and the Taliban who use religion as a weapon to brain wash others. These two are the most clear examples on how a religion can be corrupted. I'm not singling them out, I'm just pointing out two of the most promant examples.

Man...my stepdad's gonna kill me if he sees this.
    We're all allowed our opinions and beliefs, but as far as what you said about the Taliban and Catholics, it only serves my point. It's their actions that drive the religion, imo, not the other way around. It's the selfishness, not the order, that often gets them into trouble; which leads them to often corrupt their own establishment. This is where, I believe, the problem lies and I feel that instead of blaming the true principals behind the establishment, we often blame the establishment itself.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Mage For This Useful Post:

Marcus Fenix (May 02, 2011)

Newbie ulquiorra73 is off to a good start ulquiorra73's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it's a bad thing to do that. The guy who's doing is believes in the bible and most of the prophet's named in the quran are also in the bible so that's just like burning the bible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3