View Poll Results: Should race matter at all?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

3 5.08%
  • no

48 81.36%
  • in between yes and no

8 13.56%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Race

Otaku mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl's Avatar
    Thanks

Race

Do u think people are still limited on what race they can date,love,marry? do u think race should be important at all? why do we streio type each race with something one person did? what do YOU feel about other races? and how do YOU feel about ur race

i still think they do. i think race shouldn't be important but i know that it is and i see everyday every where. i think we do put them together because we are scared to find out about the others just because one did. we don't feel like seeing what the others are about.i feel like i can't please just any other them because of what i am and who i am.i just want to be accpected. mixed people....i feel like we all feel the same trying to fit in and be wanted.
    I will fight until i find what i'm looking for...you can not judge me on my apperence I am a Warrior. If you have a problem with me..... then my blades will meet your neck.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Race

well seeing as I am white, I wouldn't want to have it any other way, but I'll admit I sometimes don't know how to act in front of other races, mainly black people. Some of them are cool about stuff, and others seem, tense, so I can't always tell what they're thinking. Of course all people are like that, not just blacks, you never know what might set a person off so I try to keep my cool most of the time. Race isn't a big deal with me. But it can be a fuzzy topic sometimes.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

it dont matter to me. but as long as they are cool with me being the way i am im cool with them. but blacks are more defensive. and im black and spanish so i know. just dont say anything dumb to them.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Ppl still do limit themselves racially on plenty of things..........But that won't last long, except in extreme situations(like the Israeli/Palestinian deal).Ppl should be proud of their differences as long as it doesn't belittle others' differences....
    And yes, white ppl are still paranoid of other races as a whole(they are of us too)....But We're still workin on it..........
    Last edited by TaurusDemon23; Aug 11, 2006 at 02:14 PM.
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Otaku lovejam may be famous one day lovejam may be famous one day lovejam's Avatar
    Thanks

race shouldnt matter but it does because of different cultures and stuff. Personally, I have no problem with any other races and I don't know anyone who really has a problem with someone outside their own race...the exception is when it comes to dating. I have white friends who will only date other whites, asian friends who will only date other asians, etc. I'm not exactly sure why though

We traded blows in violent prose
    And made arrangements heaven knows..

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

I wanna at least date one female from each race before I die.....
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Otaku NaDa- may be famous one day NaDa- may be famous one day NaDa-'s Avatar
    Thanks

IMO races shoulden't matter in anything. For example, some people won't date anyone but their own race.. I find this stupid because overall we are all people, no matter what race we are. Personally I'm open minded and accepting to all races, I have no problem with what race someone is; when it comes to dating,marriage etc race is not important at all to me, I look beyond the outside of a person (ex personality). How I feel about my race? Well I guess I can clearly say I'm proud to be what I am, as should everyone else.

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess in even in this time ppl still care about ppl races... mostly old ppl that r about to see his/her son/doughter about to marry a person from another race... its sad but true....
    do I think race should matter... not at all... if there is love... who cares about the rest?...
    now how did we end up with stereotypes... I have no idea... maybe because we see ppl of the same race doing something similar we relate that thing to that race...
    how do I feel about other races... I think of other races as new ppl to meet, new things to learn, new cultures to understand... its cool having friends from different places of the world....
    how do I feel about my race... well Im latino more specifically Ecuadorian... as I think most of the ppl feeel about their race... Im proud of what I am...
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast