View Poll Results: Should race matter at all?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

3 5.08%
  • no

48 81.36%
  • in between yes and no

8 13.56%
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Race

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Race

Having preference such as race in terms of who you would wish to marry is no different than having a preference in haircolor, or body type. I myself could never see myself dating many races. There are some skin colors and racially defined body differences which I simply am not attracted to.

Much like I am not in the least attracted to thin girls.

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jackleonfraust

not to mention, you really don't know what the other is thinking and could be getting into a psycologically abusive relationship. possibly in a S&M type role that you do not care to be in.

you will get hate from freinds and family.
    even if they seem ok with it, deeply they will be disapointed and hurt by this decision.

it sucks, but its true.
    But that could happen with any relationship, not just interracial ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta
    Having preference such as race in terms of who you would wish to marry is no different than having a preference in haircolor, or body type. I myself could never see myself dating many races. There are some skin colors and racially defined body differences which I simply am not attracted to.

Much like I am not in the least attracted to thin girls.
    That's probably one of the most honest answers I've heard. And you know, it's an interesting take. Looking at race as just a "physical aspect". Interesting...
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd say race bothers the least of all (though physical traits only count if your interested to have more than friendship...like in any situation and any person you meet, as frr_vegeta said above).

Religion is slightly more bothersome in some cases.

Culture and your way of life is quite important.

Being yourself and being true to yourself is what counts most, though it's just putting more accent on your way of life, though more personal.

So in short, the race does change something, but it doesn't stop anyone from learning the same things than the person next to him/her and no matter where your from, with the right learning tools, good people and personal willingness, anyone can grow up equal in every fashion (unless you get some kind of sickness because the environment or have mental disabilities, though this has nothing to do with race).

Things that change these factors are religion to a certain point, the culture surrounding you that has no choice to influence you partially or quite a lot and finally, who you are, your personality and who resides under your skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

I think hating someone because of their race is so wrong... just because they are differn't doesn't mean they don't act the same or think the same.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Otaku Adarrah may be famous one day Adarrah may be famous one day Adarrah's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mixed fighter girl View Post
    Do u think people are still limited on what race they can date,love,marry? do u think race should be important at all? why do we streio type each race with something one person did? what do YOU feel about other races? and how do YOU feel about ur race

i still think they do. i think race shouldn't be important but i know that it is and i see everyday every where. i think we do put them together because we are scared to find out about the others just because one did. we don't feel like seeing what the others are about.i feel like i can't please just any other them because of what i am and who i am.i just want to be accpected. mixed people....i feel like we all feel the same trying to fit in and be wanted.

Well in my country Malaysia, I live with many people with different ethnics, cultures, religions, etc. No discrimination here! Let's say your dad's a Chinese man and your mum's an Indian woman. How did they get to be together if there's no respect, love, understanding, toleration(etc) between them? SOo now we know that morale values should be taken seriously. People who is well educated will learn how to respect others race. So I'm open to all people^__^ I'm proud to be apart of Malaysian ppl
    Carve an amble now,
    Saying that the day's still bright,
    And let's play with time.

im a ninja-u cant c me bloodhawk may be famous one day bloodhawk may be famous one day bloodhawk's Avatar
    Thanks

no i dont think it should matter what if u like a person that is a different race but yet for some reason some ppl think like that. i also think that, well in America, u still have this small like of segregation going on with they way ppl act saying mean things and i dont think that that is such a good thing. u know if we really wanted to help society and the way we live we should not drag on what race someone is

IM BACK

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

Racism stinks. But the world cannot go on without it I suppose.

Me myself,,, It doesn't rightfully matter what race or anything that you are.
    It all depends on your attitude and heart you know?

I guess you could say its who YOU are not "What" you are.

Thanks Pyroo. :]

im a ninja-u cant c me bloodhawk may be famous one day bloodhawk may be famous one day bloodhawk's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JustLoseIt View Post
    Racism stinks. But the world cannot go on without it I suppose.

Me myself,,, It doesn't rightfully matter what race or anything that you are.
    It all depends on your attitude and heart you know?

I guess you could say its who YOU are not "What" you are.
    ya trew that trew that. i also like ur saying at the end

IM BACK

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast