View Poll Results: Should race matter at all?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

3 5.08%
  • no

48 81.36%
  • in between yes and no

8 13.56%
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Race

Newbie keitaro15 may be famous one day keitaro15 may be famous one day keitaro15's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Race

I'm not being a racist but I want to marry someone from my own race..... but I don't diss people from other culture, in fact I have lots of friends from other cultures and I'm nice to everyone if they're nice to me...... but when they make fun of me or pick a fight, who ever it is I will not forgive them.....

Otaku pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru's Avatar
    Thanks

It would be nice to marry someone of the same race, but this Piggy has not preference...race is not the key factor to a loving and successful marriage...love is...^_^...Piggy takes anyone who is willing to put up with his pigish lifestyle.

Psss...I miss you Jasmine...my little spunky sister. ^w^

o~Piggy-san~o

Otaku mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl's Avatar
    Thanks

okay then why would u want to marry the same race? are u scared to try someone else? or do u feel more comfortble?
    I will fight until i find what i'm looking for...you can not judge me on my apperence I am a Warrior. If you have a problem with me..... then my blades will meet your neck.

Otaku pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mixed fighter girl View Post
    okay then why would u want to marry the same race? are u scared to try someone else? or do u feel more comfortble?
    Great questions...here's my response.

Marrying someone of the same race is good because they have been raised with the same cultural morals as myself. There is an understanding for certain behavoirs, morals, lifestyle, and so on...This would make it a bit more comfortable.

However, I am not scared to try anyone else, and have dated outside of my race. Again, it doesn't matter to me what race my wife will be, what matters is that there must be love. Love solves all problems and can tear down the walls of cultural differences, as we can use it to make a more comfortable living environment for ourselves and our partners.

~Piggy

o~Piggy-san~o

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mixed fighter girl View Post
    mmm my response is much like pig here, so yea love is the single greatest known commidity to mankind and is more powerful than anything else

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mixed fighter girl
    Do u think people are still limited on what race they can date,love,marry? do u think race should be important at all? why do we streio type each race with something one person did? what do YOU feel about other races? and how do YOU feel about ur race?
    (If some of my post seems familiar, you're not seeing things - my answer hasn't changed much when this was first asked ^^)

Limitations... I say yes, there are still limitations when it comes to what race people can date, love, and marry - I put them alongside 'Hesitations'.

What I mean is limitations are developed by the hesitations of the thought of interracial marriage - hesitations being basically excuses. Three common hesitations are:

-The past
    -Stereotypes
    -Identity

With the first one, yeah, there are people who still hold grudges on what happened in history. I remember back in 10th grade a friend of mine (who is mixed herself) was telling me how it would be alright with her mom for her to go out with anyone, except a Japanese person - otherwise she would flip -- because she still has a grudge on the Japanese for what happened years ago before and during WWII.
    And then there are several African Americans I know who said it would feel like they're "betraying" the black society by going over to the white side.
    But history doesn't have to go back that far - Another friend of mine can't imagine dating someone Middle Eastern or Black because of what happened on Sept. 11th and what happen to his father when he was younger.

And then there's the stereotypes. Some people actually think that Asian people are "too smart/care only for their jobs" or Black people are "too gangster/loud" or Middle Eastern people are all "against people not Islamic/not Mid. Eastern" or White people are "Too rich/snobby/backstabbing" or even all Hispanic people are "Illegal/gang members" etc, etc.

And last is identity. In my Government class during a debate a girl expressed that she didn't want to marry outside her race because she feared her future children wouldn't have anywhere to belong, wouldn't have an "identity". This isn't new to me, as when I entered high school some of mixed people I came to know said that they did have identity problems growing up.Things like they didn't know who they were 'suppose' to hang with, or what to fill in on the race section of a scan-tron test.

I've heard this and I understand where it's all coming from - but I still don't believe that any of these are legitiment reasons for a person not to marry outside their race. People need to understand that the past is the past and it wasn't the current generation that did the deed(s). Yes, there are some people out there that still believe in the same things, but its definitely not everyone.
    I can't say for sure why people believe stereotypes are effective for the entire race, but my guess is that some stereotypes, like 'black people all are 'so gansta', are the popular images that's being displayed and people go ahead and trust those images as well as let them scare them, instead of seeking to see if those images are true or not for all. "Fear of the Unknown" is strong enough to make people just keep to themselves and what they know.
    And with identity, I think it can be solved if parents taught their children that they should just be who they want to be, and be friends with whoever they want, and make no specific exceptions (like in my first friend's case, her mom didn't care as long as it wasn't Japanese) for certain races over others. On tests and things like that people should push for a MIXED option on the race section, or the option to choose more than one race.

Saying all that... I hope it's easy to tell that I don't mind race at all. Race to me is just a way to make smaller specific groups out of the large general group we call humans... Kind of like dog breeds, ya know?
    When I'm looking for someone to love, I look for a potential friend - because I feel that who you love should be a friend. And because I welcome anyone to be my friend, it would be rather weird and hypocritical if I had specifics for a potential lover ^-^;

Thinking about that last 2 question, I don't think many people can say they are full blooded '___' ^^; That being said I myself am a mix of three known heritages (I've only traced back about 5 generations) and I think all three have good sides, faults and ignorances, just as other races. No one's better, no one's worse. That's why I don't take stereotypes/jokes seriously, because it may be true for some, but not all.

Quote Originally Posted by pigtaru
    Marrying someone of the same race is good because they have been raised with the same cultural morals as myself. There is an understanding for certain behavoirs, morals, lifestyle, and so on...This would make it a bit more comfortable.
    I get what you're saying. Even with that thought in mind, you're making a guess (and hoping) that it is so. It's a gamble, though because you don't really know a person's life just by looking at them and even though they may be the same race they could've lived a life the exact opposite of yours.
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

What bugs me about interracial dating is that people who date outside their race usually will target a specific race to date. It's not like they just go after anyone their attracted to.

Newbie ace_resistance may be famous one day ace_resistance may be famous one day ace_resistance's Avatar
    Thanks

people no matter what happens will judge others by race
    im not saying everyone will but
    some will
    it will not stop,, but it is so often found now , that people dont care they date other races no matter what other people say

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast