+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Race & athleticism

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Race & athleticism

I was watching the US Olympic track trials and saw that all the runners were black, which made me think of this topic.

Are some races better at some sports than other races? Like do blacks make better basketball players than non-blacks or better runners. Are Latinos/Hispanics better at playing baseball?

Is this all just a stereotype or do some races have certain physical attributes that allow then to excel above other races?

So what do you guys at AO think about this?

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Race & athleticism

Most of this has to do with the game or competition that is heavily in the race's culture.

Blacks are good at professional basketball because that is often their sport of choice. With hispanics, it's not always cut and dry; however. If you're Puerto Rican, Dominican, or Cuban, baseball is the most important sport. If you're any other type of hispanic, soccer usually takes priority. USUALLY!

These aren't universal rules, of course. It's just that, the more a person is surrounded by a certain sport, the more likely it is that he willl be good at that sport.

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

I think it does but not because one race is stronger then the other.I think that Black people *Like me* Are better at basketball than other races because when you watch basketball on tv you see mostly black people.Or the black people are sometime better then the other races.This starts a sterotype the basketball is a black spot which mean black people will train harder then other races because we want to stand out among the other blacks

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Little negi sensei View Post
    I think it does but not because one race is stronger then the other.I think that Black people *Like me* Are better at basketball than other races because when you watch basketball on tv you see mostly black people.Or the black people are sometime better then the other races.This starts a sterotype the basketball is a black spot which mean black people will train harder then other races because we want to stand out among the other blacks
    I have never heard of that definition before. Uusually when you classify something such as basketball as a black sport, it just suggests who dominates the field. I doubt motivation was the reason behind the nickname.

I do believe that some races are better than others when distinguishing certain aspects in life and I will always. whether it correspond with education, athletes, emotions, it all fits something. I don't know a great deal about the physical builds, but if there is a significant difference between a male and female, I suspect there should be some for different races as well.

I have heard that black people have greater flexibility that most, and although I haven't tested the theory, from what I have seen doesn't prove the theory wrong.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

These aren't universal rules, of course. It's just that, the more a person is surrounded by a certain sport, the more likely it is that he willl be good at that sport.
    But that doesn't explain track & Field or running. I dont think blacks are surrounded by running, but they seem to excel over others at it.

Newbie warrchief is off to a good start warrchief's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    But that doesn't explain track & Field or running. I dont think blacks are surrounded by running, but they seem to excel over others at it.
    The reason Blacks are better than most races is, their long leg limbs which makes them in creditably fast.

Of course I seen a world record broken today, but with the wind, it was broken.

Oh I see what you did there.

Isn't much of a buddhist anymore... I can't help eating meat.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Genetics maybe? I can't say much for the US trials, but when you look at the Olympics at a whole, African nations tend to do better at endurance races (correct me if I'm wrong). Could this have to do with the fact that of where these people live/ tend to walk longer distances or even live in higher altitudes?

Maybe its just built into African American genes?

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Its really all just genetics. Nothing more, nothing less. Genetics are brought about in a person depending on their heritage and where they get their genetics from. The black branch of Humanity came from Africa, which is a very large continent that has a very high elevation which they evolved to have longer legs and arms and have a better stamina. How ever they tend to have a weaker immunsystem and are more susceptibly to fall ill to diseases compared to others and tend to have more health problems.
    The white branch of Humans tends to be more rounded, there for are average on the athletic. Most whites came from Europe and the cocasis mountains where it tended to be very gloomy, overcast, and colder, thus making it very easy to fall ill, which is why whites tend to have a better immunsystem so as to be able to survive better in these conditions.
    Hispanics tend to be some what shorter in build but still proportioned to their size, this is do to the fact that the areas where they originated from was very mountaines and heavily dense with vegetation.
    And the same thing applies to every other branch of Humans. As for skin color, all that is based off of climate conditions and nothing else really.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

+ Reply to Thread