+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Race Hostility in a Middle School

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Race Hostility in a Middle School

And schools have enough problems with funding and shit like htat without some whiney pussy getting upset over some CHILDRENS words... what are you teaching for if you can't handle the bad with he good?
    If the roles were reversed would you say that?? DOnt think so. Why should she have to put up with these brats. Their the problem not her.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

ok if thats the thing i donno like hows it apart of there coltur to cuse at a woman

at my school we would peatcily get away with blue muder but cuseing in a teachers face calling him/her any of that
    that would be a sisantion or exspelled for sure if i was that teacher i wouldnt of been long to hit one of them a slap lol but really from what happend before the 40's was then it dont mean the same now with people dose it ( maybe some) but in my inut i would have sad if thats t they shouldnt of let her work there

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    If the roles were reversed would you say that?? DOnt think so. Why should she have to put up with these brats. Their the problem not her.
    Brats! They're KIDS... they're not mental health professionals. They dont know the right way to outlet their anger! Thats what the teacher and school staff is their to help them learn! And bratling knows about what the deal is because she grew up the same place I did.

Shes just a teacher contributing to the problem. Make these kids feel low and unwanted, just filling them with more anger and hatred... Eventually just help fill our prisons with more African American people. Heh, at least its clear to see why the prisons are as such... you people are a perfect example of society and how you shun some freakin little kids.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    well duh...think about it will ya.
    money is the solution and the problem in this predicament..school officials didn't intervine because it will cost them money, a lot of money. since after all, school itself is a business establishment where it's source of income is the parents of children in the school. why the children do these things? again money. why? poverty.
    even if the school didn't intervine, like now...money still get's involed. it went to the compliant namely the teacher.
    In some English-speaking countries, a public school is financed and operated by an agency of government which does not charge tuition fees; instead, financing is obtained through taxes or other government-collected revenues. This is in contrast to a private school (also known as an independent school). Here, the word "public" is used in the same sense as in "public library", that is, provided for the public at public expense. These public schools range in classes from kindergarten to four years of high school or secondary school, normally taking pupils up to the age of seventeen or eighteen...

...Given that most, if not all, public-school users benefit from government subsidies in attending public schools, thus incurring a lower cost (if any) to attend public schools than do their tuition-paying private-school counterparts to attend private schools, and given the existence, support for, and proliferation of private schools, at present it remains indeterminate whether public schools are a government entitlement program, or a feature of the welfare state. The issue is particularly contentious in the United States, where public-school curricula are fundamentally limited by principles of Constitutional law. - Wikipedia/subject: Public schools

I wonder if some of you knew this about public schools? Aside from attending private, slight increases in taxes are just about the only hard chunk of change that comes out of mommy and daddy's pocket. Even then, a majority vote is required by the populace of the village or town to raise or lower those taxes.

In other words, dragging a bunch of rotten kids into the auditorium and lecturing them for free, is far less costly than being sued for not taking any action what so ever. 200,000 dollars is what this woman recieved in the settlement. However way you want to look at it, that is not the most financially beneficial decision to make.

And by the way, it isn't a teachers job to be your best friend or savior. They are there to teach you and give you an education. If your class is being disruptive and not allowing you to properly fulfill the job requirements, that is a serious problem. When the students you are suppose to teach harrass you day after day, who can handle that? I am surprised she didn't get out the yard stick and start swinging. Then you talk to your boss and fellow co-works, and they say it is part of their culture? Who cares about society, they are saying it is part of the African American culture right?

By those terms, I can just assume that poverty, murder, rape, theft, gangs, and desperation comes with every black person that walks down the street. Way to sell out your people to the sterotype and take them down a notch after all the years of oppression. Ha, what a joke. That kind of crap is what makes a people in places like Missouri point their fringers and whisper at every passing black guy and/or mexican.

Are these kids so pathetic that every little thing is going to effect them? Has anyone actually been to a school and/or program that deals with these people? Has anyone ever noticed that most of them don't give up? You can beat them with bats and they will still say no. If kids are so useless today that they can't do a single thing for themselves even in some of the most desperate situations, than let them be. Either way, if they refuse to help themselves even with someone else willingly to pick up the slack, than be gone with them. You can't help people who don't want to be helped and refuse to do so. It doesn't matter if it is an act or not, sooner or later it will be too late.

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

I couldnt find a link on this so ill sum it up.

A teacher(Elizabeth Kandrac/White Woman) in a Predominately all black Brentwood middle school in North Carolina was verbally assaulted and called White Bit**, White Motherfu****, White Cun*, and so on. Despite frequent complaints, school officals did nothing to intervene on her part. They said the students profanity against her was Part of their culture. School Officials said, "If she couldn't handle cursing, she was in the wrong school".

She then filed a complaint with the EEOC(Equal Employment opportunity Commission), and filed a lawsuit with the schools Principal and superintendent. Jurors found that the school was a racially hostile environment to teach in and awarded her $307,500 in damages for lost income, and emotional distress. The judge didn't agree with the jury's findings so the party's settled for $200,000.

Although Kanrac clearly suffered she was suspended from her job shortly after a story about her eeoc complaint appeared in a local newspaper, and her contract wasn't renewed.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

So do you think the school was right in not defending her? Should a school be held responsible for the students Behavior? In this case the Black children got a free pass for their behavior because vulgar language was considered normal for there culture, and in which some kids heard this language at home.

update:

I uploaded the article i got this story from.

Article-Part 1
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/Article1.jpg

Article-Part 2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/Article2.jpg
    First of all if the rolse were reversed I wouldn't have been a WHITE WOMAN in a predominately black school if I was sensitive to eb called WHITE... I mean really. I stand by what I said from any side of it. If she didn't want to deal with the shit she shouldn't have been teaching at an "urban" poverty stricken predominately black school Plain and simple she knew or should have known what she was getting into. Her problem not theirs. That's tHEIR school, their neighborhood, their society. SHE put herself in it, they didn't ASK the white woman to be their teacher. They didn't ask to be poor and angry. She was the one who had the option. Not them. She should have LEFT not sued the school. SHE was a problem in this instance just as much as they were. They are just societys problem, in general.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bratling View Post
    First of all if the rolse were reversed I wouldn't have been a WHITE WOMAN in a predominately black school if I was sensitive to eb called WHITE... I mean really. I stand by what I said from any side of it. If she didn't want to deal with the shit she shouldn't have been teaching at an "urban" poverty stricken predominately black school Plain and simple she knew or should have known what she was getting into. Her problem not theirs. That's tHEIR school, their neighborhood, their society. SHE put herself in it, they didn't ASK the white woman to be their teacher. They didn't ask to be poor and angry. She was the one who had the option. Not them. She should have LEFT not sued the school. SHE was a problem in this instance just as much as they were. They are just societys problem, in general.

What kind of post is that? Sensative to being called white? Did you even read the articles?

"She faced a daily barrage of insults, had books and desks thrown at her, and her bycyle tires were being punctured as well" Even the students and other teachers were comming forth about the situation.

How does having desks, books, tires being punctured, and daily insults not strike you people as slightly odd? No how are those actions not seen as threatening to you? That is a bunch of crap if you think she did this because she was overly sensative. You don't file a lawsuit because a few students called you cracker or simply "WHITE".

Saying that "if roles were reversed" you wouldn't be a white woman teaching in a prodominant black school sounds quite cowardly to me. She is a teacher. Can anyone tell me if she was born in that state? How long she has lived in that state? If she had attended the school herself?

I hear a lot of talk about this, but they are opinions based on what exactly? It doesn't seem like a whole lot of people read the articles or researched a little into this.

It is funny how you say this became a problem or was only a problem because the woman was white. What does that sound like? I thought the blame was suppose to be on societies shoulders?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Brats! They're KIDS... they're not mental health professionals. They dont know the right way to outlet their anger! Thats what the teacher and school staff is their to help them learn! And bratling knows about what the deal is because she grew up the same place I did.

Shes just a teacher contributing to the problem. Make these kids feel low and unwanted, just filling them with more anger and hatred... Eventually just help fill our prisons with more African American people. Heh, at least its clear to see why the prisons are as such... you people are a perfect example of society and how you shun some freakin little kids.
    Right, and we need to teach them how to better control this anger. If they dont learn to do it now they will be in a world of trouble when they enter the real world.

How do you know, "She contributing to the problem, and Made these kids feel low and unwanted, just filling them with more anger and hatred"?? For all you know she was civil and really tried with them, and they just didnt give her a break. Its like your saying just because of there environment, the only way they can react to a white teacher is to insult her. Not all inner city kids are like this, to stereotype them this way is insulting.

When i said roles reversed, i meant if a Black teacher was teaching in an all white school, you would have condemn the kids. In this situation the teacher would have never went thru what she did, not in todays world.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Right, and we need to teach them how to better control this anger. If they dont learn to do it now they will be in a world of trouble when they enter the real world.

How do you know, "She contributing to the problem, and Made these kids feel low and unwanted, just filling them with more anger and hatred"?? For all you know she was civil and really tried with them, and they just didnt give her a break. Its like your saying just because of there environment, the only way they can react to a white teacher is to insult her. Not all inner city kids are like this, to stereotype them this way is insulting.
    I never claimed all innercity kids were anything, or that all inner city kids behaved a certain way. We are talking about a specific group of troubled inner city kids, who express their anger in violent, and abusive behavior.

I simply am implying that it is a safe bet that ~these~ children are a product of their environment. Sure I know we all make choices about who we become as people, but were ALL affected by our environment. The truth is... You don't know what these kids have to deal with. Neither do I, but I DO know that most children dont just show out in ruthless anger if there isnt something deeply troubling their lives. They are CHILDREN, not mass murderers. But I fear thats what they will become if there isn't stability in their environment.

Most children who behave this way (reguardless of race) have abandoment, and stability issues. This is a fact, Ive taken a child psychology class, and these are the statistics. I fail to see how a teacher who could not handle her job, is hepling things in any way.

You need to be prepared for the job you have ahead of you. Show some control, some authority. Dont go crying to officials, theres far more creative approaches to dealing with troubled youth. Im SO thankful I had teachers and family members who knew how to put me in my place instead of throw up their arms.

And BTW, Ive been in schools and in classrooms where kids shot eachother outside. And inside there were literally riots. Im not speaking from an outsiders prospective but from a person of experience.
    ... Not Ever Again...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast