+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Race Hostility in a Middle School

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Race Hostility in a Middle School

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    the problem in that school isn't racism from what i've observed...it's really the lack of discipline. they should hire a more strict teacher or the teachers themselves should also be strict. and the best discipline is the old fashioned military style.
    The school is located right on the coast next to some large Naval bases. I guess you really didn't read the articles, because if you did, you would realize that a Vietnam Vet is a teacher there.

The Principle is the one who should enforce discipline and codes, not the teachers. They are there to teach, not mold students in descent model citizens. That is a completely different course and should be taught by the parents at home where the children spend most of their lives really.

Even if it was the teachers fault, if you have read the article, she went to the officials to discuss the matter. They didn't back her on distributing better and stricter disciplne or even any other options, so how what is she suppose to do exactly?

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    The Principle is the one who should enforce discipline and codes, not the teachers. They are there to teach, not mold students in descent model citizens. That is a completely different course and should be taught by the parents at home where the children spend most of their lives really.
    eeeee!!...wrong!!
    it's also a teacher's duty to apply discipline even if the principal who enforced the discipline and codes. so if the students misbehave in the classroom the teacher has to wait for the principal to go in and silenced them up? wow...nice really nice. also if there's a panic in the school, so the teacher then will wait for the principal then to bring order while most of the students kills each other then...geez i guess i was wrong then.
    Last edited by rematche; May 22, 2007 at 05:42 AM.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Thanks

eeeee!!...wrong!!
    it's also a teacher's duty to apply discipline even if the principal who enforced the discipline and codes. so if the students misbehave in the classroom the teacher has to wait for the principal to go in and silenced them up? wow...nice really nice.
    Are you angry? Why?

It is the parents job to teach kids discipline and to show them be how to be a responsible individual. They should be far more influential than those who are not kin.

Teachers, Principals, and officials, are there to enforce discipline to a certain extent. The origins of those strategies and codes are from the parents themselves and are merely tools to utilize at their exposure. Even teachers have questions about the system, so who are they suppose to ask for advice and second opinons? Usually their superior right? Who is their superior usually? Besides, the principal or vice are the ones that tend to be in charge and are the middle men that run things. In a school they are the ones supposedly in charge and should be seen as just that.

My posts usually have more than a couple of sentences and relate to the topic as a whole. Why don't you actually respond to the entire thing instead of trying to pick and choose sentences for what appears, as an arsenal for a non-existent battle.

What about the other points you were trying to make?

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

That teacher just couldn't handle the disrespect from both the students and the administrators. However, she overreacted when she filed that lawsuit. She should have just quit instead of trying to get some [$$].//

So do you think the school was right in not defending her? Should a school be held responsible for the students Behavior? In this case the Black children got a free pass for their behavior because vulgar language was considered normal for there culture, and in which some kids heard this language at home.
    Hell no the school wasn't right for not defending her. No matter what the situation is, the rules must have said something about respect and language. So therefore, the school should have stood by the teacher's side immediately. If not, then it might have been different. Even so, a school should be held responsible for a student's behavior. If a student acts up.. they should be sent home with some type of punishment depending on how bad their behavior was. Suspension, Expulsion, Detention.. This school did not do sh!t to defend their fellow worker. And to me, that is very selfish.

And about the culture.. that is pure Bullsh!t. EVERYONE knows that cussing is BAD and isn't proper. If they were raised like that and brought up like that, there are still rules and guidelines in a public place such as a SCHOOL that should enforce respect and bad language. So to me, that is an unexusable exuse.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    Are you angry? Why?

It is the parents job to teach kids discipline and to show them be how to be a responsible individual. They should be far more influential than those who are not kin.

Teachers, Principals, and officials, are there to enforce discipline to a certain extent. The origins of those strategies and codes are from the parents themselves and are merely tools to utilize at their exposure. Even teachers have questions about the system, so who are they suppose to ask for advice and second opinons? Usually their superior right? Who is their superior usually? Besides, the principal or vice are the ones that tend to be in charge and are the middle men that run things. In a school they are the ones supposedly in charge and should be seen as just that.

My posts usually have more than a couple of sentences and relate to the topic as a whole. Why don't you actually respond to the entire thing instead of trying to pick and choose sentences for what appears, as an arsenal for a non-existent battle.

What about the other points you were trying to make?

just happen notice that i have a perfectionists here even in a forum. so all the things you've said that my very own opinion are all wrong then? well of course since you're one, obviously. very well guess i made a mistake in my opinion, mr. "moderator".
    btw, i blame the school for not doing anything at all.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

eeeee!!...wrong!!
    it's also a teacher's duty to apply discipline even if the principal who enforced the discipline and codes. so if the students misbehave in the classroom the teacher has to wait for the principal to go in and silenced them up? wow...nice really nice. also if there's a panic in the school, so the teacher then will wait for the principal then to bring order while most of the students kills each other then...geez i guess i was wrong then.
    Teachers are there only to TEACH. They aren't there to teach kids respect towards one another ot towards a teacher. I guess that comes down to the parents.

Schools are for teaching kids stuff, letting them learn. Since when was it in the job despcription for the teachers have a parent role and put their butts in place when in comes to discipline?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    I couldnt find a link on this so ill sum it up.

A teacher(Elizabeth Kandrac/White Woman) in a Predominately all black Brentwood middle school in North Carolina was verbally assaulted and called White Bit**, White Motherfu****, White Cun*, and so on. Despite frequent complaints, school officals did nothing to intervene on her part. They said the students profanity against her was Part of their culture. School Officials said, "If she couldn't handle cursing, she was in the wrong school".

She then filed a complaint with the EEOC(Equal Employment opportunity Commission), and filed a lawsuit with the schools Principal and superintendent. Jurors found that the school was a racially hostile environment to teach in and awarded her $307,500 in damages for lost income, and emotional distress. The judge didn't agree with the jury's findings so the party's settled for $200,000.

Although Kanrac clearly suffered she was suspended from her job shortly after a story about her eeoc complaint appeared in a local newspaper, and her contract wasn't renewed.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

So do you think the school was right in not defending her? Should a school be held responsible for the students Behavior? In this case the Black children got a free pass for their behavior because vulgar language was considered normal for there culture, and in which some kids heard this language at home.

update:

I uploaded the article i got this story from.

Article-Part 1
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/Article1.jpg

Article-Part 2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/Article2.jpg

First let me start by saying (speaking as someone who is mixed black and white, and raised in the hood) that vulgar language is NOT--I repeat... NOT--a part of Black-American culture!!! Yes, I do swear from time to time, and yes, swearing is all over the place. But, that doesn't mean that it's been a part of our heritage for centuries!! That's just an excuse... A very LAME excuse; one that makes all black people look bad at that. I am quite offended that a black person would actually say that vulgarity is part of our culture!!!

Secondly, I feel the teacher's pain. No child--I don't care if you're sixteen--should feel the need to swear at an adult! I couldn't be the teacher of those kids, because I'd friggin' snap! I applaud her for being tactful, and for going through the court system to get justice. I also dissaprove of the school's lack of responsibility for the situation. But, at the same time, you can't place all the blame on the schools. The parents are at fault as well.

My theory is that there are too many young people having children these days. WAY too many. Which in turn, is turning our society into a vicious hell-hole. When I worked for Lincoln Elementary School in Minneapolis, there were kids in the 5th grade with parents MY AGE!!! I was about 21 or 22 at the time, and I'm 26 now, and there are STILL people MY AGE with kids that are old as hell! Like 12 and 13 years old! If you're a kid yourself, you shouldn't be raising a kid, and if you ARE, you'd better do a good damn job of it, because no teacher should have to suffer like that lady did!!

My mom's a teacher, and if she came home cryin', talkin' about how the kids were assaulting her and calling her all kinds of derogatory names, I'd go to the school, to the kid's house, wherever I can find them and I'd give them a good piece of my mind! I won't physically hurt them, but I'll hurt the shit out of thier feelings.

Thanks

just happen notice that i have a perfectionists here even in a forum. so all the things you've said that my very own opinion are all wrong then? well of course since you're one, obviously. very well guess i made a mistake in my opinion, mr. "moderator".
    btw, i blame the school for not doing anything at all.
    It is true I strive for perfection, but if you noticed the original posts, they are far from it. If they were, someone such as yourself would be able to understand how I might come to such a conclusion without having to spell everything out as I just did. You would also notice that I like to include logic and reasoning in them, allowing me to base an opinion on actual results; in turn, creating something that won't shatter when questioned a little.

I never stated that your opinions were wrong(I am not you), only that they seemed to lack something such as evidence; in a debate, it is sort of required to question that. I apologize if what you expected to be a mere argument, was in fact, not.

Debate - to discuss a question by considering opposed arguments.

I have continued to ask you "what about the other points you were trying to make", but you decided to ignore that, or you just couldn't back them up. I am sorry if I apprear to be a perfectionist(if that is actually a bad trait), because I am able to respond in a mature manner without an opinion being as brittle as crackers.

I consider my way amusing, reliable, intellectual, responsive, and far more relevent, than the latter. So if you don't mind, continue what you were trying to discuss. This is a request by an AO member, not a MOD. They have a considerable amount of expectations in comparison to me.
    Last edited by Tbaism; May 24, 2007 at 01:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5