+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism in America

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

Re: Racism in America

Princesslady u cracker me up..
    Why does she call u that in the morning are u noisy..

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spymonk View Post
    Princesslady u cracker me up..
    Why does she call u that in the morning are u noisy..

hehehehe that's funny.

I think racism in America is not that bad like in other places. In some countries if you are a colored minnority the chances of getting a job are pretty slim. I mean here in USA it doesn't matter what color you are, you still get some of the same benefits that the colored majority does.

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

im black and true its not that bad but.....sadly it does exist it has happend to me many times recently and i dont see y i mean if the racist idioits stop and think ur critisising someone bc of COLOR
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Newbie sucks2bu may be famous one day sucks2bu may be famous one day sucks2bu's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have experienced racism first-hand, more than once. I have walked into a

store and had the manager or clerk follow me around the store to make sure

that I did not steal anything. I have walked into restaurants and heard racial

slurs being muttered by a customer, but I try not to pay any attention to

people that only have half a brain so I just ignore people that are prejudice

against me.
    there's nothing funny about a one eyed bunny

that'll teach the fist person i see

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have experienced racism first-hand, more than once. I have walked into a

store and had the manager or clerk follow me around the store to make sure

that I did not steal anything.
    Thats because alot of time when you turn on the news, they always seem to have a story on theft or violent crime, and a africian american is involved. So out of fear it will happen to him, ignorance shows its ugly face. He is too stupid to realize just because some do it dont meant all of them do.

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks
    well ppl deal with it!! Is not only in America!!!! Racism do exist and that is it! My mother is half black african/white european my father is white european and im not a black girl and not white girl either, because my white family doesnt see me like a white girl and neither my black family sees me like a black girl....the true is that im not black and im not white girl either... but u see I dont F***kin care because I can do whatever u do cause im a person just like anyone else!! and belive me I had a hard time with racist ppl... but hey !! Life its.....complicated!!

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks
    A little tounge in cheek humor here, but when I lived in NC for a few years I discovered that the KKK was not racist at all....they were against anyone who wasn't white. I had a friend who was 100% full blooded Kiwi (native New Zealander)...KKK told him he was black (even got a chicken head in his car ). Another friend is Mexican/Indian heratige...and the KKK told him he was black too! Some people just can't see anything but black and white. It's really sad too.

But I do know what it's like to be scared because of your race.

True Story: While in NC I was a missionary for my church. I was assigned to Central Charlotte which is pretty much an all black section of town (For those of you familiar with Charlotte my area's boundaries were South Blvd, West Blvd, and Triton Street) and not a place a white boy like me should be. But because I was preaching the Lord's word we were generally accepted and nothing really bad ever happened to us.

I was there for 5 months when this incident happened to me. Now remember, besides other missionaries, I have not seen a white person in nearly 1/2 a year. We were taking the express bus to South Charlotte for a meeting we had downtown. We had gotten on the bus at the new terminal in uptown and started out on our journey. It was just me and my companion missionary on the bus. We really thought nothing of this until we stopped at the next stop and all these white people started getting on the Bus. We'll, I started to hyperventilate and honestly was frightened out of my mind. "There's WHITE people getting on this bus! What do I do now?" I finally said to myself "Calm down, calm down. Your white too!". I breathed a huge sigh of relief and had a pleasant trip to downtown.

It seems silly now that I think back on it, but at the time I was really frightened. But every time I think of racism I think of that experience I had. i also think about all the different nationalities I met and frankly, how similar each of us were and how we all wanted the same things.

Racism is a sad thing. But, it least in my experience, it's something that is usually taught to you or learned when your young. It becomes a way of life and it's taught from generation to generation. And that's the only way to end (or it least reduce) racism. To teach tolerance and acceptance from generation to generation. We must teach our children to be colorblind to race but to see color in all the different cultures that are out there.

just my two cents....

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    A little tounge in cheek humor here, but when I lived in NC for a few years I discovered that the KKK was not racist at all....they were against anyone who wasn't white.
    Cough* but isn't that discrimination or racism still... hating someone for now being white :/ please tell me if I'm wrong.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast