+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism in America

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks
    yes, that's why it's tounge in cheek humor.

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks
    were not saying it doesnt exist anywhere else but its alive and well in america thats for sure one time i had a b day party at dave and busters and this guy said that u cant b up here unless ur 18 i was like i am 18 he said i don tbelive u so ishowed him my id he said i dont care u cant b up here so i said watever and went up there he couldnt do anything aginst me and later on i gave him the finger sorry but under his breath i herd him call me a ignorant ni*****...i wasnt to happy about that
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    I was there for 5 months when this incident happened to me. Now remember, besides other missionaries, I have not seen a white person in nearly 1/2 a year. We were taking the express bus to South Charlotte for a meeting we had downtown. We had gotten on the bus at the new terminal in uptown and started out on our journey. It was just me and my companion missionary on the bus. We really thought nothing of this until we stopped at the next stop and all these white people started getting on the Bus. We'll, I started to hyperventilate and honestly was frightened out of my mind. "There's WHITE people getting on this bus! What do I do now?" I finally said to myself "Calm down, calm down. Your white too!". I breathed a huge sigh of relief and had a pleasant trip to downtown.
    Were they very mean looking?

I just find that hard to believe. Come on you lived like 95% of your life white and only a brief period as black(Not literally). So how the hell could you feel that scared? Unless they were Hells Angels, i wouldnt have been scared.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Were they very mean looking?

I just find that hard to believe. Come on you lived like 95% of your life white and only a brief period as black(Not literally). So how the hell could you feel that scared? Unless they were Hells Angels, i wouldnt have been scared.
    No, they were businessmen coming home from work...that's it. Suits and ties to boot!

I had immersed myself in that culture. That culture accepted me, not necessarily as one of their own, but I wasn't a 'white boy' anymore. I was very comfortable in the inner city and everyone around me knew it. As such, to a certain extent, I took on the attitudes and world view of those around me.

That's why I really feel silly about the whole thing. I was in absolutely no mortal danger at all. But I was out of my 'comfort' zone and I was seeing something that I was not accustomed to pulled out a very strange reaction. You can believe it or disbelieve it, but it really happened and I was really scared. I have never forgotten that feeling.

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks
    o come on u act like racism dont exist bc its there just be *You* dont see it dont mean it dont exist its and everday thing even if it is jokes sometimes but its there heres a example well nvm i already posted that and i dont wana b repeteive but peopel need to learn somethin if u aint got nothin nice to say shut ur mouth
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    No, they were businessmen coming home from work...that's it. Suits and ties to boot!

I had immersed myself in that culture. That culture accepted me, not necessarily as one of their own, but I wasn't a 'white boy' anymore. I was very comfortable in the inner city and everyone around me knew it. As such, to a certain extent, I took on the attitudes and world view of those around me.

That's why I really feel silly about the whole thing. I was in absolutely no mortal danger at all. But I was out of my 'comfort' zone and I was seeing something that I was not accustomed to pulled out a very strange reaction. You can believe it or disbelieve it, but it really happened and I was really scared. I have never forgotten that feeling.
    Oh, ok. It was just you were with the black community for such a short time, and you were like white like forever. It would have taken me years to give your reaction.

Businessmen, i dont think even the african americans would be afraid of them?? If i were on a bus(In a all white area), and some nice lookin black ppl got on the bus. I'd be like, that nice and dose back off to sleep. Now if some gangsters got on id probably wet my levi's.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    and some nice lookin black ppl got on the bus. I'd be like, that nice and dose back off to sleep. Now if some gangsters got on id probably wet my levi's.
    Ahh. Glad you said that.

It brings up my next question: What makes a gangster, and what doesn't? What's the difference between good black folks, and bad ones? Is there really anyway to know, or is it all just judging by the cover? And secondly, would you be scared the same way if white teens/men were wearing the same type of clothing that might make one think "gangster."

Not trying to put the spotlight on you, Miroku. I think it's interesting though, and it's probably true that most people would have different reactions depending on what age and type of clothing a black person would be/have on.

Newbie HipnautikBoy may be famous one day HipnautikBoy may be famous one day
    Thanks
    racism will alway exist because of stereo types. stereo types are mostly true. i mean thats how stereo types came to be about. they wouldnt be stereo types in the first place if they werent true

racism still exist even now. it is just not shown because people know they'll get into trouble if they do show it

not implying that i am one.... *sweat* lol (joke sweat) im cool with everyone. its all about personality for me =)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast