+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism in America

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145 View Post
    Ahh. Glad you said that.

It brings up my next question: What makes a gangster, and what doesn't? What's the difference between good black folks, and bad ones? Is there really anyway to know, or is it all just judging by the cover? And secondly, would you be scared the same way if white teens/men were wearing the same type of clothing that might make one think "gangster."

Not trying to put the spotlight on you, Miroku. I think it's interesting though, and it's probably true that most people would have different reactions depending on what age and type of clothing a black person would be/have on.
    Well I'd be scared if a Russian got on the bus; looking all bad~

I'd turn away. >.<; They will cut me up into lil pieces, and and.. *faints* >.<||

Well you just have to go off what ya know. If you see a Black Person in a suit. He's not harmful, nor is one in baggy pants, but when you see that gun~

Think so yourself: "Did you have a good life?"~
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HipnautikBoy View Post
    racism will alway exist because of stereo types. stereo types are mostly true. i mean thats how stereo types came to be about. they wouldnt be stereo types in the first place if they werent true

racism still exist even now. it is just not shown because people know they'll get into trouble if they do show it

not implying that i am one.... *sweat* lol (joke sweat) im cool with everyone. its all about personality for me =)
    Basically, racism will always exist because there are people..... us humans always manage to find some fault in others, and always create methods to stir up trouble.

I do not agree with the ideas of racism.... I still can't believe how heartless some people are when treating other races. Hmm, sometimes, I wonder if they actually think they ARE superior over other races. Because if they do, then they are sadly confused.... and even if they were superior, that does not grant them the right to look down upon others. Heck, the powerful should be helping the weak....
    Kastelic's creation

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ahh. Glad you said that.

It brings up my next question: What makes a gangster, and what doesn't? What's the difference between good black folks, and bad ones? Is there really anyway to know, or is it all just judging by the cover? And secondly, would you be scared the same way if white teens/men were wearing the same type of clothing that might make one think "gangster."

Not trying to put the spotlight on you, Miroku. I think it's interesting though, and it's probably true that most people would have different reactions depending on what age and type of clothing a black person would be/have on.
    first of a gangster is a gangster. a person who does bad things and acts hella ignorant. secondly. WHITE MEN are gangsters to. no i take that back you all are the gangsters. and there is no difference between blacks thank you!!! it just mean some are more iggnorant and rought than other because of there enviorment. like the ghetto. i lived there and i know how hard it is to be there. so ther eis no difference,. and the way black people dress was thought up by prisoners. to be honest i dont know why men do it but it's stupid. next i wanna lewt you know most good girls fall for the bad boys. thats another reason they dress like that. so there is no difeerence and you all ar3e gangsters we are thugs. i dont get it but there it is. and that was a dumb ass post.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ahh. Glad you said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    No, they were businessmen coming home from work...that's it. Suits and ties to boot!

I had immersed myself in that culture. That culture accepted me, not necessarily as one of their own, but I wasn't a 'white boy' anymore. I was very comfortable in the inner city and everyone around me knew it. As such, to a certain extent, I took on the attitudes and world view of those around me.

That's why I really feel silly about the whole thing. I was in absolutely no mortal danger at all. But I was out of my 'comfort' zone and I was seeing something that I was not accustomed to pulled out a very strange reaction. You can believe it or disbelieve it, but it really happened and I was really scared. I have never forgotten that feeling.
    what the heck!!!!!!!!? omg!!!! so you were on a bus for a sort time with blacks and you feel you came one with the culture? whooo okay!!!! ummm thats a no coment right there. if i said wjat i wanted to say. man i would get a warning.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    first of a gangster is a gangster. a person who does bad things and acts hella ignorant.
    So... A gangster is a gangster? That doesn't explain much. And if all gangsters were simply people who do "bad" things and are ignorant, then we'd whole lot of gangsters, now wouldn't we?

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    and that was a dumb ass post.
    Don't hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.K
    Well I'd be scared if a Russian got on the bus; looking all bad
    First off... Why?

Secondly, how would you know if they were Russian in the first place? Russians, like most Europeans, are not different-looking than we are, sans a few tiny details.

Thanks
    aint nuttin to hate on and it is alot of gangsters. a gangster is a gangster. an iggnorant person who acts bad and does bad things. point blank

i just have to say one thing. rascism will always be. no matter how much people try. ther will always be people who think they are better
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Oct 10, 2006 at 04:11 PM.

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks
    I really think racism is a tool that some people use if they fear that nation or the peoples of that nation, like some Americans are showing the Middle Eastern Peoples. Sad *shakes head. It also deals with ignorance and the ignorance of some americans is amazing *shakes head again*

Newbie fookongmick may be famous one day fookongmick may be famous one day
    Thanks
    It's not only happening in America actually. I get in Malaysia as well.... and as you said, after 9/11 it became worse. It's sad but true...... :S

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast