+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism in America

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Racism in America

Quote Originally Posted by -Ryo- View Post
    "Nigger", is a spanish word meaning "Black". This is true, but just like a word has many diffrent meanings, "nigger" can represent several translations. Such as an african american might say to another, "whats up nigga?" as a symbol of friendship or blood relation, while it may be used as a refrence to the suffering or degrading time of their people during the earlier years of america.

The use of the word is inappropriate. Even though many slurs and/or other meanings may have occured recently for this words definition, it still represents a bad part of history many would rather forget. Using it in another context does not make it right, no matter what the circumstance. Such as with all racist words/phrases. Your ignorant because you refuse to see the actual meaning behind the word. An apple, even dressed in fruit peels, do not make the apple another fruit.
    This is what I'm talking about; finally! This is the point I try to show people but people are so ignorant now and days they don't even care if they do it anyways... people need to learn respect or something... -_-;

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Otaku fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tupacs_wifey View Post
    i agree with you but i also believe no one should say it
    Yea, I don't understand why people have to be like that I thought it would be over by now but I guess its not because a lot of people still have issues about this.

Thanks lifeforce! (:

Otaku tupacs_wifey may be famous one day tupacs_wifey may be famous one day tupacs_wifey's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    This is what I'm talking about; finally! This is the point I try to show people but people are so ignorant now and days they don't even care if they do it anyways... people need to learn respect or something... -_-;
    i totally agree with you it just shows how ignorent people CAN be

HolderOfThe
    DarkChalice's LiL sis

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Its because people have no feelings for other people now and days and only respect themselves, people need to get a lesson or two from someone that they respect. This would defenately help alot of youth to understand even if they are that certain race; your ancistors tried very hard to free them from these words/slavery/etc.

THE RULES!

Otaku tupacs_wifey may be famous one day tupacs_wifey may be famous one day tupacs_wifey's Avatar
    Thanks

Its because people have no feelings for other people now and days and only respect themselves, people need to get a lesson or two from someone that they respect. This would defenately help alot of youth to understand even if they are that certain race; your ancistors tried very hard to free them from these words/slavery/etc.
    right and people have no respct for sumpeople and for thereselves
    ~no offense~

HolderOfThe
    DarkChalice's LiL sis

Thanks

This is one way that America is corrupt... alot of people need a open mind...

THE RULES!

Thanks

This is one way that America is corrupt... alot of people need a open mind...
    i also agree with this

HolderOfThe
    DarkChalice's LiL sis

Otaku -Ryo- may be famous one day -Ryo- may be famous one day -Ryo-'s Avatar
    Thanks

By calling people racist remarks, your reminding them that they are lesser than you. Its degrading and wrong to do so. People back then didnt care if they were called that(or they did, im not sure. I cannot speak for them), but they were more worried about their own presecution than anything else.

But by calling another those words that they used during that time of persecution, you are reminding them of what their fathers and mothers had to go through. You essentially tell them that they are a lesser, lower being, and that their whole family is lesser than you. Now this affects some more then others, because the severity of what they went through and the relationship of the word to their history may differ. Such as "nigger" affects more than "beaner" because of the slave usage, prosecution and mistreatment of these people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast