+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism in America

Otaku tupacs_wifey may be famous one day tupacs_wifey may be famous one day tupacs_wifey's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Racism in America

Quote Originally Posted by -Ryo- View Post
    By calling people racist remarks, your reminding them that they are lesser than you. Its degrading and wrong to do so. People back then didnt care if they were called that(or they did, im not sure. I cannot speak for them), but they were more worried about their own presecution than anything else.

But by calling another those words that they used during that time of persecution, you are reminding them of what their fathers and mothers had to go through. You essentially tell them that they are a lesser, lower being, and that their whole family is lesser than you. Now this affects some more then others, because the severity of what they went through and the relationship of the word to their history may differ. Such as "nigger" affects more than "beaner" because of the slave usage, prosecution and mistreatment of these people.
    this is true and ask any of my friends im big on disliking rasists

HolderOfThe
    DarkChalice's LiL sis

Otaku -Ryo- may be famous one day -Ryo- may be famous one day -Ryo-'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hiei9957 View Post
    i hate it. But im not affrade to say the N word. but people do have the freedom of speech. so i dont know why everyong is getting mad. im not a racist but if i feel the need to say something i will. and for me i dont care about there color. if they are mean to me id hate them because of that not the color of hter skin.
    It is considered free speech to wear a shirt that says "please die, President Bush"

BUT it is not okay to wear a shirt that says "please die, niggers"

Why not? Clear and present danger. That is the only major exception made to free speech by the supreme court (Debs v United States of America, 1919). For example, it would be illegal to yell "FIRE!!" in a movie theatre, because people might get hurt in the panic that would ensue.

Now, if nobody cared, then it would be okay to have a shirt that said that.

But it isn't, because they do.

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't care much about it.I don't like it but i yet don't dislike it because it is fun in the football locker room.We joke are because everyone is from differnet parts.XD.We never fight over it but we just joke around.
    Perfection is dull

Otaku tupacs_wifey may be famous one day tupacs_wifey may be famous one day tupacs_wifey's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by -Ryo- View Post
    It is considered free speech to wear a shirt that says "please die, President Bush"

BUT it is not okay to wear a shirt that says "please die, niggers"

Why not? Clear and present danger. That is the only major exception made to free speech by the supreme court (Debs v United States of America, 1919). For example, it would be illegal to yell "FIRE!!" in a movie theatre, because people might get hurt in the panic that would ensue.

Now, if nobody cared, then it would be okay to have a shirt that said that.

But it isn't, because they do.
    but its not freedom of speech if your offending people
    like if some one had a shirt on tht said~**** american girl theyll all sluts~that an insult and its violating you freedom of speech

HolderOfThe
    DarkChalice's LiL sis

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

This is what people do and say when they are careless but in reality people need to think about other peoples feelings/opinions sure there are bad and good opinions but not all have to be said...

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Otaku fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    This is what people do and say when they are careless but in reality people need to think about other peoples feelings/opinions sure there are bad and good opinions but not all have to be said...
    You know if you did say that to someone they prob. say I already know that and do do it anywayz and plus some people really don't care what others think so they wouldn't listen and start something with someone.

Thanks lifeforce! (:

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

This is because of ignorance but I won't say much about that sigh... I just think that racism shouldn't be used in every day conversation.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah,ppl take the whole race thing waaaay too personal and waaaaay too seriously........I think Race jokes are funny as hell, yet if you are blantantly dissing someone about it.....they have every right to punch you in the head.

Now I'm white, I have friends that are indian,black,mexican, etc. We bullshit about it. We know the boundaries. So if I call my black homie "nigga", it's usually cause I'm drunk as hell, and it rolled off the tongue easily......you gotta admit it does. I've told my indian friends"Don't drink the firewater!", that was because they were pussing out on taking shots with me.You just gotta make it fun for everyone not let it get outta hand.......and not do it outta hate.
    Celebration, not descrimination.
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast