+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rap Music Videos and morals

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Rap Videos/Music

I think I'm going to put this in the debate section.

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Rap Music Videos and morals

Firsst off I hate rap, so much. Lol. Manly todays rap, as stated: Classical rap was different. 80's made it sound actually interesint, instead of the same.

Reall I say it's just a way to make money and seem "tough". Sure it's bad effects are kids are literally trying to be like that, so in ways "geting shot in the ghetto" is cool as ALL hell! Or being from "the Ghetto" is being tough...though I think of WWII when people say Ghetto, lol.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

What kind of rap are we talking about? Do you mean rap in general or a specific type of rap?

I can say for sure that not all rap is like what you all are speaking about. For instance hip hop, underground, and most north eastern rap does not speak about degrading women. Most of it is about speaking your mind and telling everyone who you are. I must admit though that most rappers start out with good songs and then when they make it big they sell out and follow what everyone does with mainstream music. What the producers want you to hear is crap compared to what the underground has. If you want to hear good stuff stay away from that Top 40 garbage.

You cannot say that all rap is the same. Thats like taking classic rock, punk rock and alternative rock and saying its all the same when it really isn't.

As for what the topic is speaking about, the main kind of rap that fits your description is southern rap or crunk. I'm not saying it isn't thrown around in other types but crunk has been on the rise recently and when one fad takes over the other stuff starts to fade.

But has anyone wondered why they degrade women in some songs? Its because most of the women who these rappers meet want to be degraded. They want to be treated like crap. Anything to get themselves noticed or for a little bit of money here and there.

As far as the drinking and drugs go. Everyone who is famous does it. So you cannot blame it on just rap music. Yea they do talk about it often in their songs but that doesn't mean they are and worse than pop star role models who just got out of rehab.

I'm gonna stop with this one question:

Has anyone been through the ghetto or met these kind of girls who they talk about?

Most of them say they will never use drugs or do anything shameful but give them an opportunity to make some money they will do whatever you want. The ghetto is a hypocritical place where everyone steps on everyone else just to get out.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont think those videos are right...but people choose to listen and watch them so its their doing of watching it....and what about heavy metal rock, which sometimes encourages killing and hurting themselves????

Rap isnt the only music that does bad things, like that song from Slipknot, Dualaity? "Stick my figer in my eye" wierd!

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    I dont think those videos are right...but people choose to listen and watch them so its their doing of watching it....and what about heavy metal rock, which sometimes encourages killing and hurting themselves????

Rap isnt the only music that does bad things, like that song from Slipknot, Dualaity? "Stick my figer in my eye" wierd!

Yes I have been think about this too, but here where i live they pass Rap/music/videos all time no matter what but when it comes to Metal/Rock music, they just put after midnight! Well its Odd but they do!!

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm yea I can see that
    But all music other than blues and things like that have promoted some type of bad thing one time or another, rap shouldnt be singled out

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Otaku LEtters Champion, PopWord Champion, Alphabet Soup Champion, Baby Destruction Champion bellocanlver is off to a good start
    Thanks

I really dislike rap myself, i think its really annoying. I see a lot of children calling their moms b**s and they all are dressed like "rappers" . I think music today influences the actions of ppl

Otaku SasukePorter is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Rap Videos/Music

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    I think I'm going to put this in the debate section.
    hmmmmmmmm why

and see every one it just rots the kids brains there there no better the rapers arunt all they do is some do drugs and get busted and where do they go >< down the drain to a failer
    Dont Be A Fool Be The Leader & Live Your Life

Haha Never Let The Bad Bring You Down

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast