+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Really Know Someone...

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Really Know Someone...

I had heard this question in a show I was watching & they had said "does anyone really know anyone.?." So I had got the thinking & wanted to ask everyone on here this question...

I say not really cause everyone has that secret/secrets that you are going to take to the grave... You might even do or act a certain way behind closed doors that you know you wouldn't do in front of others... So my next question is "WHY is that.?."

I know that I do/act different things that I might not do in front of others just the fact that people might think I'm crazy, lame, or weird etc... For instance I ask myself questions & sometimes respond to them... Now I know if I did that in public people will look at me like I was insane... That is just the tip of the iceberg that I do when I'm behind closed doors... I want to see what you all have to say about this & do people know you well as they think they do or vice/versa.?. (Do you know people as well as you think you do.?.) Is there someone in your life that you swear you know from top to bottom or someone that swears they know you from top to bottom.?.

I mean people turn out serial killers, rapist, stalkers, murderers, etc... and I hear someone saying "I thought I knew he/she"... or "I never would of thought he/she doing what they did".... So I am saying there is people out there that someone actually thought they knew he/she... How can someone hide things/thoughts, behavior like that if they are not seclusive.?.

"Someone already had that thought you're thinking... The difference is what are you going to do about it"...

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Really Know Someone...

Well that all depends on how much you pay attention to other people. You can catch little signs on people that will tell you exactly how they are feeling. You just have to know the person well enough to tell. I had a best friend once that knew my every mood even when I was trying to hide it from him. I asked him once how he did it and he told me that my eyes shift colors with my moods. He was the only one that I couldn't really lie to. So it is possible to do you just have to know where to look on that person.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

it all depends on how much you trust that person... at least for me, i know it has nothing to do with them going crazy... but if you don't reach out your hand, how do you expect them to?

i don't suppose you know everything about a person... i know i don't know or understand what's going through Soshi's head most of the time, and i know he doesn't [want to] understand half the things i think either... but i suppose that's the beauty of it, there's always surprises, always tidbits you can learn about people, even if you've known them for 40 years or so...

as for the whole killing thing... that sucks i suppose, the only thing i can think of to watch for signs, read their blog [i bet evern robbers say what they're going to do in their blogs] and just be a good friend...

^_^

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think you can know everything about someone other than youself. Heck you can't know everything about yourself, like what happened before your first memory? Or what you had for dinner blank months, days , and years ago.

If I was with someone I wouldn't want to know everything about them and I wouldn't want them to know everything about me. Personal space to me is more than the physical distance between two people. Everyone needs their own private place.

As for the last part no one in my life knows me top to bottom, and I don't know anyone like that either.
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

People only know what you let them know. That's all I have to say......

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazawa View Post
    I don't think you can know everything about someone other than youself. Heck you can't know everything about yourself, like what happened before your first memory? Or what you had for dinner blank months, days , and years ago.

If I was with someone I wouldn't want to know everything about them and I wouldn't want them to know everything about me. Personal space to me is more than the physical distance between two people. Everyone needs their own private place.

As for the last part no one in my life knows me top to bottom, and I don't know anyone like that either.
    Okay I understand about personal space, but what does that have to do with letting people in.?. Can't you have your personal space with having people know who you are as a person... I mean you could like to paint & that is your me time & someone knows that about you....

Could it be that you just prefer to be a loner & that you don't trust people enough to know your deepest secrets cause you are afraid of they might tell someone or what they might say/think about you.?.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    People only know what you let them know. That's all I have to say......
    So you are saying that you only let them know what you think they would approve of.?.

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inuruto View Post
    Okay I understand about personal space, but what does that have to do with letting people in.?. Can't you have your personal space with having people know who you are as a person... I mean you could like to paint & that is your me time & someone knows that about you....

Could it be that you just prefer to be a loner & that you don't trust people enough to know your deepest secrets cause you are afraid of they might tell someone or what they might say/think about you.?.
    I would have to answer the first part, with a maybe. It would depend on how much space you need.

As for the first part of the second part, you hit my nail right on the head ^_^.

<Lonery

Although it has nothing to do with what they may tell someone about me, or what they may think of me. Secrets are just that secret, I've never known someone that I wanted to know everything about me. Or anyone that I wanted to know everything about. Even if I did find someone I wanted to bare my soul to I wouldn't, I wouldn't allow myself to do such a thing.

I guess to add to my original post it really just depends on the person that your trying to get to know and what personality they have. Also the person your trying to get to know would want to be known.
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Newbie jyoung013 is off to a good start jyoung013's Avatar
    Thanks

it true what is said above in the posts, people will only let you know what they want you to know....however....it really depends on your relationship with that said name person. i was never completely open with my ex-wife, dealing with the post traumatic stress disorder, or the events that took place in iraq, and some of my querks that i had...but if you are really close with that person and say you both love each other dearly, closeness and being open with each other comes in time...you cant expect to know everything about that person all at once....hell it probably took a lifetime for my grandparents to know just about everything about each other...but there are still secrets that will be locked away and never discussed..it really all depends on each person in the relationship and how each one views one another on a physical and emotional level.
    What we do in life echoes an eternity

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast