+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reason for Global Catastrophe: Humans?

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Reason for Global Catastrophe: Humans?

There are a series of questions which have been raging inside my mind.

What if the reason for total catastrophe God’s ultimate creation itself, us humans?
    Come to think of it rationally, in history, humans have always been a prominent cause of disaster. This includes mass-scale wars, environmental damage and pollution, extinction of some species, endangering wildlife, sea-life and racial abuse.

And, could we be the reason for the Fateful day … where absolute annihilation strikes?

I am taught that the way when everything would die out is by the complete submerge of land. Don’t worry about the fancy stuff.

If you look at it, we are the main reason for the world’s consistent climate change.

And also, I know that we are living in the last age where sins have risen to completely new heights. The dreadful Kaliyuga.
    Could we be the source of the Apocalypse?

What are your opinions?

Correct me if you must, and add anything you like.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Reason for Global Catastrophe: Humans?

even if all the ice at the poles melted and all of the snow on the mountains melted along with all the Glaciers as well, there just isn't enough water on the planet to compleatly submerge the entire globe.

There are places in the world that are still high enough that they wouldn't be covered.

Now I do agree with you that some disasters are caused by man: Some mud slides, forest fires, rock slides, avalanches, disease outbreak, nuclear fall out (Either by a Bomb or electrical plant melt down) ect ect.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha, yes, and if all the fresh water de-salinates [sp?] the ocean water, the ocean conveyer belt in the Atlantic ocean will cease to function, resulting in the sudden stop in the flow of warm water, therefore an ice-age is bound to cover the entire planet.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Except water is a heat sink. The more you have the more heat it can absorb the colder it gets. It also traps CO2. So until the oceans turn to seltzer water I'm not going to worry to much.

Honestly you give people to much credit. This ecosystem we live in is more complicated, sophisticated, and capable then we are. If it blows (outside of nuclear winter, maybe) you can be sure the disaster will be natural in it's origins. Maybe that's why people are so ready to believe men are responsible for the planets ills. It's a lot less scary then admitting we know jack, can do less, and have no control over circumstances that just may kill us.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Except water is a heat sink. The more you have the more heat it can absorb the colder it gets. It also traps CO2. So until the oceans turn to seltzer water I'm not going to worry to much.

Honestly you give people to much credit. This ecosystem we live in is more complicated, sophisticated, and capable then we are. If it blows (outside of nuclear winter, maybe) you can be sure the disaster will be natural in it's origins. Maybe that's why people are so ready to believe men are responsible for the planets ills. It's a lot less scary then admitting we know jack, can do less, and have no control over circumstances that just may kill us.
    It works this way ^_^ -
    The ocean conveyer belt :

Is located in the atlantic ocean. Assuming that the glaciers aren't melting, and locked up in the poles, everything is fine.

THe belt works by flowing the water up to the cold places, where the water has tendency to become cold and get heavy. As the water sinks, the flows down to the equator like regions, where the water gets heated up, therefore becoming light and rising up. Keeping in mind that this works perfectly by using ocean [salty] water only.
    So if the ice caps melt, the fresh water will de-salinate the ocean water, making it fresh, therefore stopping the belt. And if that happens, water will freeze and if that happens, an ice-age will cover the entire planet again. This happened about 10,000 years ago or so, I think. Or maybe 100,000... dunno.

Anywho, nature also does play its part, but it has done these things before to "clean up the junk" from this planet.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Me thinks someone's watched "The Day After Tomorrow" too many times...

Thanks

Haha, never watched it. Only in trailers.

And I watched this on national Geographic's 1 and a half hour documentary. And this wouldn't happen in a day or two, but in 30 to 40 years.

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah we could be the most likely to cause our oun destruction in this world. If the Apocalypse do happen, it is our fault as no one else cauesd our own downfall
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast