+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Reincarnation or heaven and hell?

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Reincarnation or heaven and hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Akura13 View Post
    why would anyone want to invent something like that?
    To make a ****load of money by accepting donations from people from all walks of life seeking forgiveness for their misdeeds.

Organized Catholicism holds that a paritioner MUST confess and recieve absolution from ~the church~ before he or she will be forgiven by God. At one point (in the 1500s), the Catholic church is said to have abused this requirement quite often and collected a great deal of money from those seeking absolution before it would be granted: in essence, "selling" forgiveness ("indulgences").

This is actually one of the reasons the Protestant church was formed... and why their notion of forgiveness is more intimate. It doesn't require a church official to mediate the exchange between oneself and God.

"As soon as a coin in the coffer rings, a soul from purgatory springs"

Indulgence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akura13 View Post
    Yes, it is true that God wasn't willing to forgive anyone for there sins, but I believe Jesus is the Son Of God, so in that case, Jesus died to save us from our sins, which still goes on today...I don't actually believe it was an "invention" though, why would anyone want to invent something like that? But still, with the rainbow and such that he would...so I still believe in that, though it IS hard at times, I still do. Yeah, I do believe that he'll forgive, though there are some exseptions...I'm not sure what to say to that...
    Let's divide this into two parts. Mine and Tsu's.

Mine first
    Even though Jesus is the Son of God, he still has a greater knowledge and a wisdom far more valuable than us. He died to safe us, but I don't think that he would die to see the world in shambles in 2008. Any exceptions? Maybe. They say that even a murdered can go to heaven. All you have to do is believe. To go to heaven, you have to have a journey, not only restricted to physical one, but more importantly, an intellectual, inner and emotional journey. What you learn, do, realize and subsequently believe in will alter the views of the made up reality around us. And if you're lucky enough, you'll be embraced.

What I'm trying is that a long bearded person, wearing torn clothes and wandering through the world, full of wisdom and equally number of questions in his head is more likely to go to "heaven" than Al Gore.

Tsu's:
    They invented it because they were scared and greedy

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

yes, I have heard of that happening, and it's sad. People giving other people false hope just to make a profit. It's like, now everytime you want to go to a church, you have to check everything about it! That has been going on alot around here. This little act dosent help people ask for forgiveness, it just makes there life harder. Forgiveness is sussposed to be easy, so you can go to heaven and all that. Reancarnation seems so much easier theses days...
    and yeah, people can be awfule at times...

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not a trend you can adapt and throw away, you must believe in one thing after judging both sides and making rational decisions based on wisdom, experience, beliefs and thinking.

Forgiveness at times is easy, at times it is not. Reincarnation is scary if not scarier, because you could a beautiful person full of talents in one life, but in the other life you could turn out to be like me.

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

yes, that is true. Forgiveness can be hard or easy, depends on how much you want it. As for reancarnation, I hate the thought of me being an 'afterlife' of someone...its really creepy! And I would have to agree rave, it is scary! You could be something beautiful, or you could turn out to be something horrible! Honestly, I'd rather believe in heaven and hell, for in my eyes, it's not as scary as reancarnation...

Thanks

Heaven and hell is all here.

And you didn't have to add horrible... I'm already low on esteem!

Thanks

oh, so sorry about that. I didn't mean it that way! I just meant that like I wouldn't want to die and be reborn into a pig! Seriously, now if you got to choose what to be reborn as, that's a diffrent story. At least with heaven and hell, you'd still be the same person and look the same as when you died...

Thanks

The thing is that you get chances. In heaven and hell you don't. And that is pretty obvious why.
    So if you're reincarnated, you will not know anything about your past life. And the beauty is, you get to live again ... in an unexpected way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast