Closed Thread

Thread: religion

Newbie ace_resistance may be famous one day ace_resistance may be famous one day ace_resistance's Avatar
    Thanks

religion

ok people i want to know what you guys think about religion
    is it good bad or neither. and why?

Newbie Casben may be famous one day Casben may be famous one day Casben's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: religion

Like almost everything else we make up, it is both good and bad and neither besides! It is a good thing because most of the time it teaches love thy neighbour and encourages a tight community etc.However religion can be used to create strife and hatred! Sectarianism in Northern Ireland for example! Or japaneese suicide bombers in ww2! And even modern ones, from afganistan and stuff! The japanese were told it was a great honour to die for their country, and that they'd become a cherry blossem on a treee in a tmple or something.(not too clear on the details, sorry)
    But you see it can be good and bad!
    Last edited by Casben; Jul 17, 2006 at 04:55 AM.

Otaku Adarrah may be famous one day Adarrah may be famous one day Adarrah's Avatar
    Thanks

In this world, many people create a new religion to convince others that their religion is true.... I believe every religion that exist in this world has its own meaning... So I can't say whether it's good or bad....
    Last edited by Adarrah; Jul 17, 2006 at 04:58 AM.
    Carve an amble now,
    Saying that the day's still bright,
    And let's play with time.

Otaku Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to be christian untill an atheist friend of mine swayed me from it and I thank him for that. Thus far I am an agnostic S.O.B and have dedicated myself to ruining the christian faith simply because I love to create chaos >.> Dont judge me... Its fun... try it... Wow, that made me sound bad. As Ive said Im agnostic, the belief that it is unknown if there is a "God" or not. In this sense, its basically saying this. You dont want to rule him out incase you need him. This throws any christian faith away, however I do still follow some of them. Mainly, Thou shalt(sp?) not kill. However if it need be, I will kill to protect something of value, such as a friend or family member but, never over material possesion. I do belive in "god" however, I guess that makes me a variation of agnostic the reason that I know theres a god, I guess you could say I have faith is because if so I wouldnt have my 'Shining Bullet' technique or my 'Aura(sp?) Sight' abilitiy. PM me if anybody wants to know or understand those abilities. That is if you belive in that sort of thing. Also, I take none of my "conspiracies" against the christian belief seriously because if I did, Id be in a church telling them these things while there damning me to hell. ^_^, My conspericies are just to entertain people and make them laugh. However I respect other religions despite this.
    Last edited by Meji Imaru; Jul 17, 2006 at 06:03 AM.

Otaku Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Casben
    Like almost everything else we make up, it is both good and bad and neither besides! It is a good thing because most of the time it teaches love thy neighbour and encourages a tight community etc.However religion can be used to create strife and hatred! Sectarianism in Northern Ireland for example! Or japaneese suicide bombers in ww2! And even modern ones, from afganistan and stuff! The japanese were told it was a great honour to die for their country, and that they'd become a cherry blossem on a treee in a tmple or something.(not too clear on the details, sorry)
    But you see it can be good and bad!

First of all the japanesse suicide bombers were not killing themselves for any "religion", they were killing themeselves for there country, not a religion.

My beliefs on religion are weird, i believe in a "God", and i pray, but i do not worship " Jesus Christ"

Click here to be Myspace groupies......lol
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is the Bunny Lord. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Im closing this. Weve had tons of these topics lately and this is a flaming waiting to happen.

Closed Thread