+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Religion

Quote Originally Posted by deodaclan18 View Post
    God states not to test his power. He doesn't have to prove anything to us, that's the whole point of believing. Of course everyone is gonna believe in him if he starts making miracles happen left and right. The whole point of life is to test us to see if we choose to believe in him. Be a good person and enjoy life and if you can truly say you believe and worship him even though all this war and crap happens in life, that he didn't start to begin with, then you shall be rewarded in the next life. It's all a test, the outcome of this test is either heaven or hell.
    Good ideals, I know I'm kinda rusty on the bible, but doesn't god perform more than a few miracles in that book?
    I still can't imagine a god that lets good people die extremely horrible and excruciating deaths just to prove to they believe in him, seems kind of sadistic.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, first off god does do divine intervention once in a while. Remember a long while ago when a baby fell off the bridge onto sharp rocks and somehow survived with no scratches on him. As for people dieing because they believe, look at jesus, he went through some horrible crap for what he believed in. The question is would you renounce your beliefs just so you could live longer. That too would be a test to see if you truly believe or not. Also Jon f, god is not the one coming down here and killing our families and friends. The devil also intervenes in human life as well. The test would be to see if you would blame him for not saving them or something like that.

As for what happens to us after we die. It's all about what you choose to believe. You can believe we don't go anywhere and turn into energy or some crap like that or you can believe in a possible enternal life in heaven scenario. Which would you look forward to? The ideal of wanting proof defeats the whole purpose of belief. As I stated before, of course everyone would believe if they saw proof that god was real. There have been certain miracles, look at Moses or how jesus could cure the blind and things like that. It's hard for us to believe because there are rarely miracles like that nowadays. Also, too many people disregard that these events ever happened, but how would they know? Nobody was there, so it's up to us to believe.

Newbie ordinateur may be famous one day ordinateur may be famous one day ordinateur's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think that God's actually exist. Yes, I understand that we must sometimes face violence, hunger and different forms of suffering to build up our strenght to face our destiny, but I think that what we live today is too much. They say God is here to help people, to support them. Well, when I think of Iraq for example, when every, dozens of people get killed, when I think of North Korea thinking of an atomic bomb plan, when I think of so many childs getting abused or threaten... I just don't feel the help from any great divinity..
    Born to live, living to die..

Newbie Baby nunu is off to a good start Baby nunu's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't really think am fit to give advices or anything-haven't been to church in a looooooooooooooong time-but i wanna say that i think there is only one god, and each religion sees him in its own way: God, Allah, whatever...the point is faith has become a very important matter nowadays and it mustn't be disconsidered.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

actually that's the very reason why god doesn't help people mostly...why?
    instead of praising god since we're all supposed to do, we ask for his help in situation that we actually can do it anyway and oftenly blaming him if something bad happends how ironic and moronic...just who the hell you think you are people? if god interfere then what's the point of free will in the first place. then if alien exists and no matter how advance they are they're also finding god for all the answer jst like us. and god wants to test us in order for us to learn how live independently. what do you think why did that to adam in the first place? to teach adam how decide for himself as independent human being, people. besides what the hell is the point of living if life has no struggle...for one thing it's boring.
    this is why god dosen't answer these questions because the answers is already here.
    Last edited by rematche; Feb 08, 2007 at 08:57 PM.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bugsbunnyz View Post
    Good ideals, I know I'm kinda rusty on the bible, but doesn't god perform more than a few miracles in that book?
    I still can't imagine a god that lets good people die extremely horrible and excruciating deaths just to prove to they believe in him, seems kind of sadistic.
    yeah you're rusty indeed ...here's a liitle lesson for ya. god maybe forgiving and loving but he's also justice, ya that's why if you do bad things, it will get ya back. and even you're a sinner (obviously), he always give you countless times to redeem...proof? you're still alive and even you might end up in hell , in the 'end of days' everyone (good or evil) will come to him...forgiven and accepted.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    yeah you're rusty indeed ...here's a liitle lesson for ya. god maybe forgiving and loving but he's also justice, ya that's why if you do bad things, it will get ya back. and even you're a sinner (obviously), he always give you countless times to redeem...proof? you're still alive and even you might end up in hell , in the 'end of days' everyone (good or evil) will come to him...forgiven and accepted.
    But still.We all know that taking a life for another is never an equal trade.Justices??So Hilter and all these guys got what they desever??Hmm, not from a point of view from many.They got the easy way out.So can you truthly call that justices. I just live life.Simple because it is.Many people out there try to make it complex by saiding if you don't belive in this or so so, you will not go to heaven or you will die regreting it for the rest of your life.

People, life is to short to worry about things like that.Live your life your own way.If you want to do good then do good, bad then bad or if you just want to live that is fine to.Because everything that is good meant not be good for others and the other way around for bad too.
    Perfection is dull

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The bouncer View Post
    Well I belive that all the religous gods exsist but depending on which god u worship that determains which heaven or hell you go to may not make too much sense but thats what i thing about all this, that all religons are equal in all ways. whats your opinon
    Hmm, I agree, all religions are equal. But only in the way that they are all based on false pretenses . ShIZowned!
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast