+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Religion Bad?

Otaku Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion tammyemily303308 may be famous one day tammyemily303308 may be famous one day tammyemily303308's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is Religion Bad?

Well religion is good it tells u your family history or where your family came from.

Temari: Naruto's own Wind Charmer.

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks

No Religion isnt bad, It never has been, but the Catholics slaughtered non beleivers and anyone who didnt follow the church in the 18-19 centurys.

Im a very big beleiver in Jesus and am from the Holliness branch of christianity
    Last edited by rockroc; Sep 14, 2006 at 12:59 PM.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nb194
    Religion has slaughtered, tortured and mutilated more human beings than any other force on earth.
    Chief-sami beat me to it, and gave a clear rebuttal! ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by nb194
    Saying that being religious equals being a good person is a long way from being true. And by studying the facts of history we find it has never worked that way.
    Hahah! First of all, what does it mean to be religious? Strictly speaking, most of those who are considered religious aren't religious, rather are just a bunch of hypocrites ~!! That's the way I see it. If one sincerely respects the principles of the Divine God and clearly understands them without misinterpretation, and put them to practice, then one will surely become divine - good in nature.

Just try to practice what you learnt.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ConradGuravitch103 View Post
    see the religion gives a bunch of people the "right" to do somthing out in the name of a god, and you see that if you have no religion like me you cant ave a goo reason to kill on a grand scale, in the name of god. the only things would be to either to get a really big point across selfishly IMO or if somthing that happend like the Holocaust i think, maybe offensive sorry, but that wasnt done in the name of religion.

How is severe Anti-Semitism shown by a country and its government considered an act of religion? Frankly Hitler just used the Jews to fuel Germany's hate. He could have just as easily used the French given the animosity they have for each other, the fact was it was easier to use the Jews since they were already in the country in large numbers.

Now like I said just because people miss-use something doesn't mean that something is wrong. Furthermore the removal of that something doesn't mean the action of “wrong doing” will be foregone. Just because they use so called "religion" as there justification doesn't mean if they lacked a "religion" to use that they would not still commit the same crimes.

Australia took away private gun ownership in 2001 to reduce crime and violence and in return, the crime rate has steadily risen....why? Guns don't kill, people do. You can argue that guns make it easier and I will state if you want to do it then ease doesn't matter...you will find a way and the rate and number of crimes proves it. Religion is no different. EVERYTHING YOU DO YOU HAVE THE CHOICE TO DO IT. Stop blaming others and take the responsibility for it yourself already.

Here is a link to crime stats for Australia from the Australian Government.

http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/f...rdedCrime.html

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Religion is totally not bad. Without religion, man in the beginning of times and even now would not have faith, and therefore society as we know it may never have progressed as far as it has. You have to look at the bigger picture when you talk about the crusades. And that is the politics. War is usually a political agenda which involves getting land for living on or land for it's valuable resources. (i.e. oil, farmland, bays, etc.) However people do not want to fight just so their government can widen their boundaries, they have to have a motive to drive them to fight. What better cause to fight for than that of the divine? From this perspective, using religion as a motive to rally troops to fight is genius. However due to war's immorality, it leaves its combatants in a loss of faith. Which naturally leads to question if their ways are truly sacred. That, I think, is where people sometimes get the idea that religion is bad; when it's used to push a political agenda unto it's innocent followers.

Otaku Dark wolf may be famous one day Dark wolf may be famous one day Dark wolf's Avatar
    got stuck in a middle of a forest and stayed
    Thanks

believe it or not i found out they sort of enslaved my people when we were leaving free people
    /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0x307f90.tmp.nUlCWX/Photo 4.jpghttp://img379.imageshack.us/img379/232/noobclanks5.gif

Otaku manga fanatic may be famous one day manga fanatic may be famous one day manga fanatic's Avatar
    Thanks

i think for alot of people look to religions for answers and religionk is a big part of there life igt gives us reasons to be goo dlike heaven, but religion makes lots of wars and steroe types

Newbie Puss N' Boots may be famous one day Puss N' Boots may be famous one day Puss N' Boots's Avatar
    Feeding the birds hoping for something in return.
    Thanks

It solely depends on who you are, I think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast